Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
yianni

Will we ever see character customization like SB?

Before the talent system came, it was very similar with the weapon disciplines, we were able to make more unique characters. Now with the talents everyone is pretty much the same aside from maybe the major/minor disciplines..but even with those as they are right now people take the same ones until some changes are made to some of the crappier ones.

I think having weapon discs back or something similar would be great, maybe attribute disciplines like we had in SB (godly int,str etc) ... shapeshifting disciplines were always fun, disciplines at character creation were also really good. I wouldnt mind sacrificing some attributes to gain others and raise my max. For example at character creation take a discipline thats -10con but +10int and 5 to max

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, yianni said:

Before the talent system came, it was very similar with the weapon disciplines, we were able to make more unique characters. Now with the talents everyone is pretty much the same aside from maybe the major/minor disciplines..but even with those as they are right now people take the same ones until some changes are made to some of the crappier ones.

I think having weapon discs back or something similar would be great, maybe attribute disciplines like we had in SB (godly int,str etc) ... shapeshifting disciplines were always fun, disciplines at character creation were also really good. I wouldnt mind sacrificing some attributes to gain others and raise my max. For example at character creation take a discipline thats -10con but +10int and 5 to max

wtb advantages/disadvantages... (but probably will be lackluster minor stat effects)

CC_RC_4_Advantages-1024x640.jpg

promotions, talents, skills and discs are largely an illusion of choice atm...

rip enchants/weapon discs 😜

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

10 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

wtb advantages/disadvantages... (but probably will be lackluster minor stat effects)

Oh wow didn't know that existed. Was before my time

Posted (edited)

I am waiting for this very single event. I use to do this in Champions role playing. (about 1987) This could specialize people with serious strengths and weaknesses.

Edited by Silverback

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

2 hours ago, Tinnis said:

Seems real similar to the bane/boon system in CU

5 hours ago, Tinnis said:

With how many less then optimal even if being creative options there are, choice is very much an illusion. Like you can choose to put your hand on a hot stove burner or not...

I'm doubtful the system will be worth the wait, but you never know. They have quite a lot of stat options to pull from that it doesn't have to be just +str/int/dex. Would really like to see them go a step further with at least +perception/stealth/runspeed type things or a step further with options that change how one plays a character. +50 Str isn't going to change much.

2 hours ago, oneply said:

Seems real similar to the bane/boon system in CU

CU's system seems a lot more thought out but then again it actually exists to some extent compared to the tiny bit that ACE has shown.

1 hour ago, miraluna said:

Shadowbane had this many years ago:

https://morloch.shadowbaneemulator.com/index.php?title=Starting_Traits

It was a fun system, so hopefully will get added into CF in some form.

Hopefully, they've copy/pasted a decent amount from SB, but not enough of the stuff I'd like to see like this.

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, APE said:

With how many less then optimal even if being creative options there are, choice is very much an illusion. Like you can choose to put your hand on a hot stove burner or not...

It might be interesting if the banes & boons were minor but random, and not revealed until after you start leveling.

You never know what life that vessel lived before you moved in & took over. Sometimes you pick a winner, sometimes you get short, bald & gruesome like mine. She's not all bad though, she can win a Voldemort look-alike contest without a costume.😋

Edited by VaMei

10 minutes ago, VaMei said:

It might be interesting if the banes & boons were minor but random, and not revealed until after you start leveling.

You never know what life that vessel lived before you moved in & took over. Sometimes you pick a winner, sometimes you get short, bald & gruesome like mine. She's not all bad though, she can win a Voldemort look-alike contest without a costume.😋

That would actually be interesting to see and make more sense with the lore.

Although the lore itself doesn't make much sense to me at all unless you completely ignore all the game mechanics and how everything plays out.

33 minutes ago, VaMei said:

Would keep a constant need for Vessels :P

Veeshan Midst of UXA

21 hours ago, VaMei said:

Excuse me sir but my vessels are hand selected from only the finest... uh... hands. They are without unforeseen flaws as I have meticulously constructed them from only the best parts of as many corpses as required to leave them bereft of all weakness. My clientele would accept nothing less. These are not fly-by-night corpses of opportunity sir!

The mere insinuation that my high quality inventory of flesh-husks is concealing hidden imperfections that I myself am not aware of is a grave insult to the profession of the necromancer.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

3 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

The mere insinuation that my high quality inventory of flesh-husks is concealing hidden imperfections that I myself am not aware of is a grave insult to the profession of the necromancer.

I would never insinuate that you are unaware of the flaws in your fine wares. On the contrary, I'm quite certain you are fully aware of flaws I myself might not discover for years to come.

Used car dealers and necromancers, all fine honest folk, well worth your trust.🙃