Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LordofCake

5.100 LIVE Feedback for 8/27/19 and 8/29/19

5.100 Patch Notes and Known Issues

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to The Bug Thread.

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

Posted (edited)

All PvP kills will be counted on the leaderboard (regardless of level difference between players). 

Why....This is a terrible idea imo. Now I could just grab an alt account log it on the other faction get it to 20 in the CW and farm it if I wanted to pad my stats.  We have campaign rewards Based off of a K/D Ratio. I do not see how this is a good idea.

Edited by Tyrannicall

Just now, Tyrannicall said:

All PvP kills will be counted on the leaderboard (regardless of level difference between players). 

Why....This is a terrible idea imo. Now I could just grab an alt account log it on the other faction get it to 20 in the CW and farm it if I wanted to pad my stats.  We have campaign rewards Based off of a K/D Ratio. I do not see how this is a good idea.

You couldn't do that before?

4 minutes ago, Tyrannicall said:

It's only about a 90 minute grind to get a vessel to 30 anyways so if someone really wanted to farm kills they could do it pretty easy regardless of level. 

Barely played an hour and found some

Critical Issues:

1) Not Liking the option to use one key to loot, a different to close the loot window. I have to click 3 buttons, some several times to loot one corpse. I'm such a baby, I'm used to mods that auto-loot entire corpse with one click. This game is giving me Carpel Tunnel Syndrome.

2) Can barely tell the corpse needs looting at all, which is annoying if you are playing with a team, and we're just crazy killing and looting randomly.

3) I don't like loot flying everywhere, when I pick a flower, or skin an animal, why on earth would I be so messy as to make it fly away with the wind? That just doesn't make sense, then I have to go run around picking it up after I already took time to gather it. SO TEDIOUS! Yeah, it's like MINECRAFT that way, BUT MINECRAFT doesn't make you switch weapons for every different type of product you harvest, so Minecraft is actually simpler.

4) It's not super obvious when or how I'm taking damage. I have to watch my health bar. The spiders near the beginning must be shooting webs I can't see, my health was going down even if they never got near me, but I could not see their ranged attack. SO, some enemies need their attacks to be more obvious.

5) When I drag food to the hotbar, and I eat food down to 0 piece of that type...say, an apple, it stays there, saying it still has 1 forever, but it doesn't exist, so I can't eat it. It should say "0", or simply disappear from the hotbar.

6) Speaking of disappearing, it would be nice if survival tools would stay on the hotbar even if they are broken, so if you create another of that type, it automatically stays in that slot, and you don't have to keep dragging a new tool to the slot. I even made another pick-axe before my first broke, and it still disappeared...had to drag the other one onto my bar...more extra clicks I don't want for tedious things...Maybe they stack if you make a ton at once? I haven't done that yet, but I just logged out just now because I was so bugged it was annoying, which was...

7) I was in the woods/barracks area past the first starter town, had killed numerous enemies already, maybe 80, was on the lookout for more, couldn't find any, kept seeing an enemy ghosting in a constant run down the road, but then suddenly I've got damage numbers "8""8""8" going up every half second, next thing you know I'm dizzy, on the floor, have to retaliate, I run, dodge, still the "8"s go up, dizzy again, then a guy appears, I kill him, get forced into combat with 2 pigs, finish them off, loot 1 pig, the guy and the other pig disappear, and I'm under attack again by an invisible assailant. Up with the "8"s and getting dizzy. I go to town thinking the invisible enemy will stop attacking. Nope. Up go the "8"s and random dizziness, all throughout town. Nobody in town seems to notice or care. HAHA! Oh well...so I log out, you ask for a review, and here it is...after only 1 hour.

POSITIVE FEEDBACK:

1) I enjoy the combat with the aggressive humanoids, that charge and knock you down, even the ranger switched to melee combat after awhile, very non-typical of NPCs in games like this. Very challenging and realistic. I like that.

2) Oh, and the skinning was more realistic than in other games. You actually get a ton of meat, and quite a lot of skins. This is more realistic than in other games I've seen.

Too bad the bugs are outmatching the positives right now. Welp, I hope you enjoy the $150 our little family invested to play for an hour. HAHA! My husband, I, and our 17 yr old son just played this game this evening, kinda fun, but then bugged out so much couldn't enjoy it anymore. Well, you have my e-mail address, let me know when it gets better! We're back to searching for another game to play together. Good Luck!

The Decapathon shows a nice jump in tech for the game. Actions of individual players on 2 separate campaign servers scoring toward the results of a global event, with scoring tracked in real time from outside the game.

👍

Do skulls sacked in God's Reach score for Balance, not at all, or is Earth Faction a separate entity now?

The decapathon rewards are basically useless to the people who care about crit hit.

Rogues easily hit the crit hit cap with a blue vessel. Without even spending any of the talents for crit hit.

i have extra talent points I haven’t spent because I’m already at the cap.

Please give us way to exceed the crit hit cap.

Currently Rogues hands ( necromancy) increase the crit damage cap, which dex based toons never get close too.

Please change it or some of the talents to raise the crit hit cap.

please allow crit hit beyond the cap to apply against anti crit as we asked for in the livestream.-As everyone has anti crit maxed—-

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

I hopped in at one point over the last month after playing heavily in the beginning of 2019.  I would love to come back and play this game more and provide more feedback.  The reason I don't is because I get 25 FPS on a 1080 TI with a 4th gen I7 processor and 16gb of ram on Windows 10.  I drop the resolution from 1080p to 720p and try all the graphic settings but it's all the same.

If you guys make significant performance increases in the game please send us kickstarter updates or the changes in the email to let people know.  I'd think you'd get much more players back to the game.

Until then thanks and hope development goes well.

On 8/28/2019 at 7:18 AM, Tyrannicall said:

I mean, you could still do this with only lvl 30 kills counting. I am not sure the extra 10 levels would really be a deterrent for somebody willing to game the system this way.

Ground targeting skills should have no snap-to targeting. Even when casting where a player is, I don't always want it centered on the player (i.e. want to cast on 2 players who would be near opposite edges of the target area). The snap-to action leads to way too many spells being cast in the wrong area. Casting Holy Symbol on a corpse 2m in front of you when you wanted to cast it on your group that was 18m away can be the difference between keeping your group alive or watching them all die.

Speaking of Holy Symbol, the delay from cast to animation is also an issue.

Cleric ultimate does not really instant cast either. I have used this when an ally was under attack, heard the sound of the spell and watched them die with my combat log showing no heal done to that character.

Posted (edited)

can you make booby trap passive for brigand ranger work in the range tray. Right now it doesnt work in range tray so if you have your bow out when someone goes over the trap you dont get the dots.

Please get rid of auto lock on rapid fire abilitys. you can see videos where people do full 180s and running and still hitting their target(so back is at target). People going behind los and still taking full damage from rapid fire.

Edited by Drewcifer
auto lock

Is it possible to make ancient monsters bigger than regular ones? That way we could see them from far away. Not sure if that's possible but I think it would help!

Took character to campaign to harvest some body parts.

Didn't take any tools, wanted to see how it would be to leg up naked in campaign.

Noticed two things -

Campaign starts at R7.  Thus, no way to get meat so it's the "hungry game" until tools are ranked up.  

Showstopper bug - resources were not dropping dust and bonus items as normal.  Seemed like it was about 1% of normal from non-campaign map.

without dust, you got nothin.  And I had no dust.  I think out of 150 gathers I had 3 dust. 

I looked online for a guide but unlike their advice told me to do,  I do not have basic recipes for dust minor or dust potion.  Those videos may be out of date, as much is.

Edited by Nox_Dragon

4 hours ago, Nox_Dragon said:

Showstopper bug - resources were not dropping dust and bonus items as normal.  Seemed like it was about 1% of normal from non-campaign map.

The current campaign cycle is ending. The end of a campaign cycle is the season of winter, and that's a really bad time for harvesting without skills, gear & consumables. Even with all that, winter harvesting isn't the the best. We're supposed to spend the spring & summer seasons stockpiling goods to last us through the harsh winter as the world itself dies to the Hunger.

God's Reach is beyond the reach of the Hunger, and enjoys Perpetual Spring. The resources may be lower rank, but the world itself isn't dying as time passes.

Edited by VaMei

5 minutes ago, VaMei said:

The current campaign cycle is ending. The end of a campaign cycle is the season of winter, and that's a really bad time for harvesting without skills, gear & consumables. Even with all that, winter harvesting isn't the the best. We're supposed to spend the spring & summer seasons stockpiling goods to last us through the harsh winter as the world itself dies to the Hunger.

God's Reach is beyond the reach of the Hunger, and enjoys Perpetual Spring. The resources may be lower rank, but the world itself isn't dying as time passes.

Thanks for the explanation.

BTW hi.  It's nox.  You might remember me from the shadowbane beta.  I was in the IC for a time.  I was also one of the first big weaponsmiths on bria both during beta and in final SWG until weaponsmithing was ruined by duped krayt skin.

Just spent a goodly time exploring the crafting system.

My net sum feeling is that it is frustrating and feels very contrived.

You've taken the worst parts of SWG crafting which (if you remember) largely destroyed weaponcrafting (Krayt tissue for example) and made a whole system around rare (well uncommon with the right powerups) drops.

Some of the craft trees are buried behind 10-20 days of points accumulation or more.  Solo crafting is actually impossible without alts, which the current system will encourage.  After the novelty wears off, crafters can't be expected to always find help to do group gathering.   That was not what worked in SWG, before it was destroyed by the NGE.  

I see a lot of social shaping here intended to enforce guild activity.  I'm not going to judge but I will say that it is deeply alienating to many crafter archetypes.  Maybe the vendors will alleviate this.  I can't tell yet - I doubt anyone can.

I have some gratuitous examples of things that seem unnecessarily contrived and complex - such as the runic gathering tools.  In general I expect to see crafting that intuitively extends forward out of things that I understand or can fit into a sensible framework.  A pick is made from a hardened heavy head and a handle.  I searched for how to make a pick beyond tier 0 in game and could not find it without resorting to aging posts on forums and videos and the actual way of making it was baffling even after I read it.  

Make a blank rune from wood or stone.  Make a piece of paper.  Make a piece of paper with a symbol on it.  Combine the piece of paper with the rune.  Now you have a glowing ghost tool what?  Not to mention that runecrafting starts at least 36 hours down the craft tree IF a person was smart enough to know they had to unlock it, and then each point in 'runecrafting' (which sounds nothing like "making tools") takes 5-20 hours (at the right hand side) to gain.  If my math is right, we're talking a month to make middling decent tools.

So, tell me with this convolved inverted tool crafting how is a new person supposed to move forward in the game?  If you say "join a guild" then I'm going to put up the cop hand and remind you that you can't assume social structures will fix limiting design.  That definitely did not work in shadowbane.  

Granted, I've been playing for 3 days.  I've levelled up 6 chars of different types in the pve areas.  I don't know poorly made socks for poorly made socks about the game, just giving my impressions as I get them.  I'm up front about that.

edit: LOL Thank you for the autofilter so I can swear like a sailor.

Edited by Nox_Dragon