Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
LordofCake

5.100 LIVE Bug Reports for 8/27/19 and 8/29/19

5.100 Patch Notes and Known Issues

Please share any bugs you noticed while playing the game, these are objective issues with gameplay. Overall feedback or opinions on systems should be directed to The Feedback Thread.

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs, or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com. 

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

I have two monitors. If I switch from Crowfall client in Fullscreen mode to Discord, the client sometimes will freeze for about 10 seconds. If I click into freezed client, it crashes.

Client log prints ERROR in the last line:

2019-08-28T19:44:26.875Z ERROR   TIMELINETASK - StopFxPool.AttachCombatResult: null attach object!

Barely played an hour and found some

Critical Issues:

1) Not Liking the option to use one key to loot, a different to close the loot window. I have to click 3 buttons, some several times to loot one corpse. I'm such a baby, I'm used to mods that auto-loot entire corpse with one click. This game is giving me Carpel Tunnel Syndrome.

2) Can barely tell the corpse needs looting at all, which is annoying if you are playing with a team, and we're just crazy killing and looting randomly.

3) I don't like loot flying everywhere, when I pick a flower, or skin an animal, why on earth would I be so messy as to make it fly away with the wind? That just doesn't make sense, then I have to go run around picking it up after I already took time to gather it. SO TEDIOUS! Yeah, it's like MINECRAFT that way, BUT MINECRAFT doesn't make you switch weapons for every different type of product you harvest, so Minecraft is actually simpler.

4) It's not super obvious when or how I'm taking damage. I have to watch my health bar. The spiders near the beginning must be shooting webs I can't see, my health was going down even if they never got near me, but I could not see their ranged attack. SO, some enemies need their attacks to be more obvious.

5) When I drag food to the hotbar, and I eat food down to 0 piece of that type...say, an apple, it stays there, saying it still has 1 forever, but it doesn't exist, so I can't eat it. It should say "0", or simply disappear from the hotbar.

6) Speaking of disappearing, it would be nice if survival tools would stay on the hotbar even if they are broken, so if you create another of that type, it automatically stays in that slot, and you don't have to keep dragging a new tool to the slot. I even made another pick-axe before my first broke, and it still disappeared...had to drag the other one onto my bar...more extra clicks I don't want for tedious things...Maybe they stack if you make a ton at once? I haven't done that yet, but I just logged out just now because I was so bugged it was annoying, which was...

7) I was in the woods/barracks area past the first starter town, had killed numerous enemies already, maybe 80, was on the lookout for more, couldn't find any, kept seeing an enemy ghosting in a constant run down the road, but then suddenly I've got damage numbers "8""8""8" going up every half second, next thing you know I'm dizzy, on the floor, have to retaliate, I run, dodge, still the "8"s go up, dizzy again, then a guy appears, I kill him, get forced into combat with 2 pigs, finish them off, loot 1 pig, the guy and the other pig disappear, and I'm under attack again by an invisible assailant. Up with the "8"s and getting dizzy. I go to town thinking the invisible enemy will stop attacking. Nope. Up go the "8"s and random dizziness, all throughout town. Nobody in town seems to notice or care. HAHA! Oh well...so I log out, you ask for a review, and here it is...after only 1 hour.

POSITIVE FEEDBACK:

1) I enjoy the combat with the aggressive humanoids, that charge and knock you down, even the ranger switched to melee combat after awhile, very non-typical of NPCs in games like this. Very challenging and realistic. I like that.

2) Oh, and the skinning was more realistic than in other games. You actually get a ton of meat, and quite a lot of skins. This is more realistic than in other games I've seen.

Too bad the bugs are outmatching the positives right now. Welp, I hope you enjoy the $150 our little family invested to play for an hour. HAHA! My husband, I, and our 17 yr old son just played this game this evening, kinda fun, but then bugged out so much couldn't enjoy it anymore. Well, you have my e-mail address, let me know when it gets better! We're back to searching for another game to play together. Good Luck!

2 hours ago, LadyDara said:

4) It's not super obvious when or how I'm taking damage. I have to watch my health bar. The spiders near the beginning must be shooting webs I can't see, my health was going down even if they never got near me, but I could not see their ranged attack. SO, some enemies need their attacks to be more obvious.

This particular ability on spiders and hurlbat on champ wartribe members (which it seems like a copy / paste) has been a problem for as long as spiders have existed. They just stand there and spam it instead of closing distance most of the time since it fires off with no cooldown.

This is one of those things I've reported before ages ago and gave up on it ever being fixed but since someone else brought it up I figured I'd throw another report out in the hopes it gets looked at eventually.

Minor so far, but it still bothers me that excess xp from sacrificing items is lost, after a level. 

ex. I need 500xp to level, I sacrifice a couple items that give me around 600xp getting me to the next level with 0xp left over. Instead of getting me to the next level with 100xp from excess/remaining xp. The remaining xp should be put towards the following level not lost completely.

If you time a Hellfire Blast at the exact perfect moment you get...

Rocket Man: (best viewed at .25 speed)

Right as he jumps, my fire launches him into the stratosphere. This is also possible VS jumping NPC Monsters.

The client occasionally refuses to register my mouse clicks when the cursor is active.  It used to only occur on occasion after I log out of a character.  Now, it can happen any time I log out of a character or change zone.

Not sure if a bug or not. But booby trap passive is not active when on bow bar for brigand ranger. So if you drop trap and us disengage out you lose out on all dots. Again not sure if its a bug or not. But would be nice if booby trap passive would be active on bow bar also would help a lot on group fights.

Ranger : Rapid Fire 

10 shots.

8 seconds Cooldown

Hitting for close to 50% of a fully drawn LMB shot.

If the first shot lands, all other shots regardless of where your reticule land.

Now in a game where : Targeting MATTERS?!  Why haven't this been solved already?

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

Ranged Hitbox

Melee can hit their target from 3m range.  Ok, gotcha.

Ranged can hit their target in a 6m hitbox from 60+ m?!!?

Once more : In a game where targeting matters, this is just out of control.

et6k2pB.jpeg

MtI783M.jpeg

@jtoddcoleman@thomasblair

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

The new bank

While it's -great- we have a new bank and a system that allows us to have a much larger bank.

Finding things in it is actually a mess, especially gear.  It's not possible to organize it.  So different sets/drops items made for different characters are a nightmare to locate and only if the crafter remembers to name things does it become a little easier.  I don't have an idea how to solve this other than different tabs with thus also different places, like the old bank, to place things.. but it doesn't really help here I think.

Exporting Gear

When a character leaving a campaign can we please make it so you don't take off your gear, but leave it on your character.. just like when entering?

1 hour ago, Jah said:

What Crowfall calls 3m seems small. Is that Elken 3m tall?

J4O3Z3N.png

He's standing there so I can then get his position from the target dummy - as it reads on his screen.

.As I shoot to his location and he says : Target reads 3m away…

There is nothing in reference to how tall the Elken is.

Edit : I think I may have misunderstood u Jah.

Edited by Soulreaver