Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rikutatis

Kingdom under fire 2

This is finally getting released in the West, it was just announced for a November launch. It's an MMO that has a very unique hybrid of traditional action combat and RTS gameplay. Particularly for people who enjoyed Conqueror's Blade, there seems to be a lot of similarities between the two. Like an open world map with regions and cities that guilds can conquer and upgrade. Your hero can control up to 3 troop units in these fights. If Gameforge doesn't screw it up, it could be really fun. Here's some edited footage of an 8v8 gvg for a city conquest:

EDIT:

Release trailer:

Edited by Rikutatis

58 minutes ago, Rikutatis said:

This is finally getting released in the West, it was just announced for a November launch. It's an MMO that has a very unique hybrid of traditional action combat and RTS gameplay. Particularly for people who enjoyed Conqueror's Blade, there seems to be a lot of similarities between the two. Like an open world map with regions and cities that guilds can conquer and upgrade. Your hero can control up to 3 troop units in these fights. If Gameforge doesn't screw it up, it could be really fun. Here's some edited footage of an 8v8 gvg for a city conquest:

EDIT:

Release trailer:

kuf2 is good

I do not trust it..this looks like an Upgraded Lineage2, as exciting as the battles look it all depends again in the overall implementation of the game.

If like lineage style...then it will be full of Gold sellers etc if designed in the same way.

Also, for me ArcheAge and Albion sealed it. I do not play games where there is limited Conquest Point players compete to Conquer anymore.

Because often the biggest zergs and the groups which RMT their way to the Top and Conquer those limited Castles, Palaces etc, also then have every interest to hold on and keep them.

Which makes it very difficult and often impossible for other groups to achieve the same.

It is even worse when the game expects people to get control of resources which are part of player progression...

This is the mistake that EVE makes and the Mistake that Albion made too...Everyone had fun up to Tier 5 Resources...then you needed to go to the Outlands which were controlled by huge Guilds patrolling and killing any other player on sight... that is not Fun gameplay experience...

You can talk all you want about toughness...risk vs Reward blah blah blha..but in the end it is all about fun and this design approach is not fun and works as a filter that eliminates players from the game by the day... self destructive.

The Crowfall Eternal Kingdoms mitigates this problem in my opinion by separating the Competition element from the Building element. At least as I understand it thus far.

So yeah...I want to know how the rest of the game works, is there leveling how long is it what type of effort is required and how big of a credit Card should I have?

LOL...

We are not newbies anymore getting impressed by nice and exciting graphics and battles, what lies behind this and how accessible what we see here is more important.

It is same with finding your life partner ya? When we are young we go for looks and pay little attention to Character of the person, then we find out the hard way that what is on the inside is more important than the outside for a long lasting relationship. Because the outside changes with time anyways and the inside is what really makes a relationship loving and positive.

Same deal with MMO's...could be all nice with exciting graphics and FX but if what is inside is rotten... ;) 1-3 month your out.

Edited by Duke_Suraknar

~ Duke Suraknar ~

<Order of the Silver Star>, (OSS)

*everyone dies, not everyone really fights*

4 hours ago, Duke_Suraknar said:

I don't fully trust Gameforge, so I'm trying not to keep my hopes up too much for this. However the actual game was already released and played in other regions, we know it has a good design and fun gameplay at least. They just can't screw up the monetization and whatnot. 

I haven't played Archeage or Albion, so I can't comment on limited conquest points in those games. But I recently played Conqueror's Blade (a game that is somewhat similar to kuf2) and it worked perfectly fine there. Since these sieges are fought in a 15v15 (in kuf2 it will be 8v8), it doesn't matter if the zerg has thousands of ppl, better team wins usually. Also it was usually easier to defend than attack, so even outnumbered you had a good chance to hold on to your land. Plus the map being huge and movement slow, a zerg could only cover so much ground in the timeframe allotted for land conquest (twice a week there). Obviously the megazergs still owned more land than the smaller forces and could cover more ground, but the smaller forces still had mechanisms in place that allowed them to compete and hold on to their land. 

To be entirely honest with you, CF will be a LOT more zerg friendly than those games, unless scoring, objectives and goals change drastically from faction to dregs ruleset. Doesn't matter if people can't attack your EK if they can just zerg you down inside the CWs and you won't be able to export the best stuff.

53 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

isn't this game over a decade old and was closed in 2017? 

I think the first closed beta was 2011 for the asian market, first open beta was 2014 or something? It's been released and closed in a few different regions, like asia and russia. Here's an interview with the developers, explains more on the russian version closing in 2017:

https://wccftech.com/kingdom-under-fire-2-interview-perfected-for-pc-release-this-november-devs-now-looking-at-other-platforms/