Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Crowfall unveils 'The Infected' - Official discussion thread

3 hours ago, Yungregz said:

What's stopping players teaming up in the everyone for himself worlds?

Also the guild v guild, wouldn't that just give advantages to whichever is the biggest guild?

There is nothing to stop people from teaming up. There is no plan to have worlds where people are not supposed to team up.

Yes, larger guilds will have an advantage. Ideally raw numbers won't be the only thing that matters, but recruiting and alliances are core aspects of the "throne war."

IhhQKY6.gif

Tbh i had wished that the map used in this would have been better off for the next campaign as it was like a ghost town during non siege times ( EU ), my big concern is that players might use this as somekind of battleground and abandon campaigns altogether. Also 6+ resources should be kept for campaigns only, why would players go into a campaign when they can just have free pvp fun in the infected and farm freely in GR?

@Pann Though some ppl alrdy started complaining "no palyer loot blah" i gotta say i like the new map design!

GR= learn Pve/harvest

Infected= learn PvP

Campaign= welcome to the real game

Only thing that REALLY SUCKS  is the siege times! we really need a EU version of the infected map or siege twice a day

Edited by CapsuleCorporation

11 hours ago, Jah said:

There is not much room above Rank 8 to reward people for going to higher risk campaigns. Is this a temporary thing while we wait for mob ranks to be separated from parcel ranks?

This is my concern as well. In God's Reach and the Infected we get R8s and Runic manuals. In the Campaign Worlds we get up to R10s, Hunger Shards & Ancient mobs. Is there a whole new level of stuff planned for the Dregs, or will these realms be toned down in the future to make room?

14 hours ago, blazzen said:

Not particularly exciting for those waiting on the dregs but also pretty easy for ACE to do.

My opinion exactly. I'll stick to the CWs while waiting for Dregs, but this wasn't much of a development detour and feeds into the whole 'realm for every playstyle' thing while giving the unorganized players a place to dabble in PvP and siege mechanics.

Edited by VaMei

GR Temple should be capped at R4 or lower, Campaign temple should be capped at R6 or lower. Adventure, siege areas for the GR servers should probably not go higher than R6. People can farm up green gear in R6, to be minimally viable in a campaign, but blue and higher should be restricted to roaming around the adventure areas of a campaign world, IMHO.

One of the major reasons why people spend so much time in GR is crafting. On one of my accounts, I have a full set of Runemaking gear and a full set of Necromancy gear. Importing and then exporting all of that isn't an option, so it's either craft in GR with my gear or craft in campaign, but be significantly worse at it. The buff from the stations in the keep, assuming Chaos ever owns a keep, doesn't come close to offsetting the loss of my gear.

If campaigns lasted months instead of weeks, then it would make more sense to have crafting gear inside the campaign, either by importing it or by crafting it there. At some point we will no longer be able to export stuff mid-campaign, so that will change where we craft to an extent.

Another issue is the level requirement. Every time I craft a new vessel, I have to level it to 20 in GR before I can enter the campaign. Or if I just want to try out a different race/class/spec, I need to level a new vessel in GR.

People keep mentioning population drop but the real issue, at least in NA, is Chaos and Order haven't stood a chance in Winterblades joined Balance and fight on both EU and NA.  So people just leave.  I find it funny how Winterblades guild thought stacking the factions was a good idea for population of the game.

My vote is still on everyone , i mean every single person, just join Balance and let's see what happens.  Wouldn't it be so much fun to win over and over again.  

"Winning DUH" - Charlie Shen

2 hours ago, Arkade said:

Another issue is the level requirement. Every time I craft a new vessel, I have to level it to 20 in GR before I can enter the campaign. Or if I just want to try out a different race/class/spec, I need to level a new vessel in GR.

That due to the fact that leveling was never supposed to be part of this game.

2 minutes ago, Felagunda said:

People keep mentioning population drop but the real issue, at least in NA, is Chaos and Order haven't stood a chance in Winterblades joined Balance and fight on both EU and NA.  So people just leave.  I find it funny how Winterblades guild thought stacking the factions was a good idea for population of the game.

My vote is still on everyone , i mean every single person, just join Balance and let's see what happens.  Wouldn't it be so much fun to win over and over again.  

"Winning DUH" - Charlie Shen

If it wasn't Winterblades or balance faction it would be someone else. This isn't a problem with the players, it is flaws with game design. 

4 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

If it wasn't Winterblades or balance faction it would be someone else. This isn't a problem with the players, it is flaws with game design. 

Try to tell the Dev's that.  They still have bigger issues to fix before they move on with the type of algorithium that can balance through boons and curses to each individual player based off of a mix of faction member numbers, gear, passive difference between the factions, and possible other factors in a given campaign zone.  Also I am pretty sure ACE stated they would never hard caps or soft caps for balancing in some Q&A.  That said it's still Pre Alpha.  I repeat ACE have bigger fish to fry first. Maybe ACE  can be made to see reason. 

It could turn out to be a good thing what Winterblades did.  They helped show the flaw in the design.  I honestly suggest we drive the point home by all joining balance.

I am wondering if anyone played Sword of the New World (the first one) at the end of it's life, 2006-09.  That situation is shaping up to look what we have developing in Crowfall.  In SOTNW, one alliance (group of guilds) owned and controlled 90% of the map for 3-4 years.  They prevented anyone from being able to compete through any means.  The population shrank at an alarming rate but the alliance in power never choose to break up and fight each other.  Instead they chose to continue stifle competition through any means possible.  The OP's alliance greed, need, desire to rule that game ultimately killed the game the game they loved so much and so much time and energy invested in.

This is how "hardcore" players are and how they will always be, I fear. I have seen it any many other games / shards but the case of SOTHNW was the worst case ever. Mostly because it was a known issue that went on for almost 4 years before ending the game.

It is a problem with both players and game design.  Both share responsibility.  When the Devs how many other issues to get to first the only thing in our control is to regulate ourselves into fun conditions.  I only wish I had played EU this campaign and not NA looked like a fun time for you guys!  Another potential idea is to not have an NA and EU but put them together.  People in NA west coast are kinda hossed not matter what anyway the difference in ping to NA to EU isn't that big for many of us.  I suggest we could alternate where campaigns were hosted taking turn between NA and EU until the game has a larger population and diversity.

For this reason in this game I say we must keep R6-8 in God's Reach it is the only built in mechanism new and intermediate players have in their favor to allow them to one day  compete.  Does it split the population?   Yes.  Did more people quit the game because of stacked faction?  In my honest opinion   "Winning DUH" - Charlie Shen.

40 minutes ago, Felagunda said:

It could turn out to be a good thing what Winterblades did.  They helped show the flaw in the design.  I honestly suggest we drive the point home by all joining balance.

Why not all join a different faction and zerg the hell out of the Winterblades? There are only about 20 active Winterblades.

IhhQKY6.gif

1 hour ago, Felagunda said:

I honestly suggest we drive the point home by all joining balance.

I promise that you don't have to sacrificially tank a whole campaign for us to understand the point you'd be trying to make.