Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_FancyHats

5.100 LIVE Feedback for 9/4/2019

A little feedback for EK after a training night with mates.

we are unable to change discipline in ek and for test some combo it's very boring to return in a temple and then come back to the ek. 

@jtoddcoleman is it intented or just a result from change in campaign set?

some random feedback from a rather new player:

ill leave out passive tree as that has been given feedback from pretty much all views already.

so lets start with the resources:

currently i can farm up to r8 resourses in jorveth were the worst thing that can happen is someone else trying to compete for the same resourses with his harvesting tools, annoying but that can happen in all other instances aswell.
in the infected i cannot get higher resources yet if i want the same r8 nodes i am attackable by enemies, this costs time and durability for no real gain. at least i can kill enemies if i want the spot they are harvesting at. yet overall less efficient than jorveth.
the campaign has the best resources tho again with combat +option to be looted. yet with the limit on export and especially in the the trial of yaga with only 20 exports we had to throw away alot of what we harvested despite having multiple mule accounts in the guild.
-> the overall most efficient way to harvest is the safest way wich avoids all combat. yet i thought this game is about PvP. but maybe it has to be this way because of the item decay rate in combat.

the other part to harvesting are mother lodes:
this feels more like a forced group activity to get needed minerals/gems. you only seem to need one skilled person to make the decisive hits and some more people to 'be there'. this doesnt really make forming up groups for it easy, even in a guild it will be only done if it is really needed.
instead of forcing people to group up for this, i would prefer the game to give them an incentive for that by making it more efficient also in terms of ore/stone/dust per person present than solo harvesting and requireing all to harvest decently and not just be present to reduce the mitigation. for example let the weakspots rotate between all participants and provide a stacking buff with each weakspot hit for the spawning loot. its much better if people naturally will seek group harvesting whenever possible as the spots for that are more  limited and therefor it leads much better to PvP encounters.

now lets get to combat:

in group combat the biggest issue IMO is the targeting.
there are only a few skills that require you to target an ally and those could be made ground targeted with a small radius and 1 target, then you wouldnt need to be able to target allies in any combat tray.
the target hitboxes also seem to be very huge, if you for example kill a group of wartribe NPC and have them close to each other on the floor it can be a challange looting them all with one NPCs hitbox blocking several others. not sure how much that affects group combat as i have yet to play a melee in groupfights.

hard to say much about group combat with this targeting and being a new player, to me it seems you can make most things work given the right situation and composition.

for running around solo a bit i did obviously look into gank/stealth classes first:

the brigant seemed very interesting but is extremely slow in stealth with no mobility skill or ability to boost stealth movement speed. the fact that his traps are clearly visible from afar and therefor dont act as actual traps for players doesnt really help either. having them completly invisible i can see to be an issue too, but one could reduce their visibility to lets say 5m considering they seem to trigger only at ~1m radius.

the assassin IMO mostly suffers from some inbalances in its promotion class choices. the blackguard being the clear favourite. i am not quite sure what the vandal is supposed to excell at, that one lack a bit of identity for me. the cutthroat could use some minor tweaks to make it worth giving up the defenses over a blackguard. right now blackguard will have more sustained DPS as he has lower CD on kidney / backstab aswell as the ability to stay in the fight longer. the cutthroat has a little higher initial burst (the 'from behind' bonus is quickly lost and hard to regain without a disengage against a half decent enemy), but the biggest hitter being diffusion on poison toxin is the same as the blackguards. if one would change with the talents affecting kidney/in the zone in the cutthroat tree to remove its pip scaling (always being the 1 pip version) then one could prepare a diffusion with kidney/in the zone to burst harder with a much higher cooldown than on blackguard. this would be a significantly different playstyle but on a similar powerlevel as a blackguard. a bonus would be being able to cast the cutthroats 'in the zone' in stealth tray.

for the duellist while slayer and dirge seem overall usable classes the vanguard scout doesnt feel finished. one has just to use the ability 'cheap shots' to see that something is off with it. if one would swap the +HP talent with the dirges +range talent and replace the last personal healing modifier talent with stealth movement speed, then i could see this more as a scout/poke class and then it might still need the option to use cheap spots from melee tray as swap into stealth tray to compete with dirge/slayer and not just feeling as a lesser version of those.
the inconceiveable skill is one i really like on the slayer when the feeling lucky stacks are up. but i would prefer the randomness in the skill being the time the buffs are applied and the pip scaling be the type of buffs you get.

the plathora of things getting one out of stealth or preventing one from entering stealth makes stealth basically not part of group combat, one could improve on that. the NPCs tracking skills make them often a much stronger threat then an additional player opponent, not sure i like that.

Campaigns:

last campaign there were not many fights over keeps in EU as everyone did try to defend their keep first.
maybe change the siege shedule to only ever contest one keep at a time, but with the 2 forts on the same map and if the siege at the keep is broken the fort siege ends too. this way one would set the sieges focus onto a single keep while also giving the option to play it safer and take the nearby forts while the other two factions are fighting over the main objective.

i do not really like that in the campaign one does compete more against ones own faction than against the opposition. however i understand why it is needed to be that way as it is impossble to balance a 3 way faction based match. there are options for dregs but in factions it will be too difficult to balance the players. another option to think about for the faction mode could be to scrap the direct competition and make it an indirect one.
example:
when you are on chaos you have a scoreboard based on kills-deaths in wich your faction tries to be ahead,when on order you see a scoreboard based on holding points and on balance you see a score based on captures.
at the end there are 0-3 winning factions
winning conditions can be changed to a variety of other things.
 this way they would all fight in the same mode against each other but as they dont compete for the very same thing, their chances to win their own competition is still there even with very inbalanced population. this should be more fun than competing directly in an unwinnable match.
for more 'serious' competition there would then still be the dregs.

NPC guards are all single target based wich makes them scale terribly bad with numbers. they already do not get more HP for more people being around, i would prefer they would do some lower damage AoE wich hits many players with maybe a slight debuff (example archer barrage wich applies reduced damage)

in the trial of yaga EU, order hat 4 wartribe camps in their temple yet chaos and balance had 5 each. not sure about the amount of bosses.would be nice if the safe zone harvesting would be balanced in the future, in case the resource ranks there remain as high.

thats it for now probably more to come in the future.

Edited by Used

Minor annoyance: For the first week I could not find the vendor to purchase the mount. I asked, and people kept telling me to check this one vendor near the ore vendor. I went through all of them several times. Similarly - I could never find the Runecaster disc. I moused over every disc the vendor had several times and could not find it. Finally I figured out - when I interacted with a vendor, the window opened and was all the way to the left of my screen. The entire left column of items was hidden by the bar that comes up so you can log out or select settings. I must have moved it all the way over early on and it stayed there. If the left vertical bar containing settings and map and log out icons always comes up when you open your inventory - that line should then be the far left edge of the screen whenever interacting.

Someone else mentioned this also but I would love if on the character creation screen you could mouse over each race/class and it showed information.

-Draconic Warlords, Usual Suspects, Freaks of Nature, Disturbed Forces, The Hate Crew, TSCCC-

I would love to see a /who command work in-guild. Not all guildies like to chat but it would be nice to know they're on/alive. A full fledged guild window would be great that would show who's online, their level and maybe their passive training?... but for now /who just in-guild would be fantastic. (/who for the public channels was toxic, don't bring that back.)

1. Talents/Slots - They are basically fine but need to increase font size so they can be read clearly.

2. The 'powers' tool tip needs a more in depth description so as to help make better choices.

3. 2198,13,2192 Graphics - Bottom of tree trunk is missing. Rank 1 Knotwood - Joveth - Rank 6-8 - US - East - Virginia

That is all I have...goodnight.

Hello and thank you for continuing to work on Shadow... wait.. Crowfall!!  Yes I played the predecessor and I can say with out a doubt, BRAVO....   I am happy to spend my money on your game and I hope that it continues to develop in to an even more awesome game than it already is.  I will assume that most of what I have to say has been addressed before but I thought it prudent to bring it up.

- Enemies shoot through walls and terrain. 

- Switching from the EK back in to Gods Reach, places you in the noob starting area.. (ouch) 

- Minotaur horns and Elken Antlers disappear when putting on leather or better helms..

- No room left for new player vendors in town or temple area. (no guidance as to where we can sell our wares)  As it appears, I assume its full or being implemented through the EK         system? 

- EK realms if intended for use to sell wares, need to persist after log out.  (Im told they go inactive if the host player is not in the EK)

- need the ability to loot all from NPCs only, quickly.. (still need to rummage for a while on player corpses.. 😎  )

- Crafting pop ups need to expand as needed to see all the PIPs.. right now if you have more than 6 choices, you cant see some, as they are behind the font to abort or craft the item.)

- Artifact Bench at Jovath R 6-8 , Loc: 1700,7,2295 is not operational.  Graphic is there, cant click on it for use.

- When you place 2 skills on cCD from the skills window in to a tray, they both persist until the timer wears off.  So If you mistake placing a skill you may               have to wait a very long time to clear the bar.

Today a friend mistakenly entered the PvP area of Jovath, (The Infected) accept even though he is in our guild (CHAOS), he entered as Order...  No Bueno..       Guild continuity should be a must for any PvP Environment.  If not.  You'll have (Friendlies) following you to places on a map and the enemy will have intell         immediately on your location..  Sun Su would not approve at all.

Again thank you for keeping on making this dream happen it is already a wonderful game.  It has the potential to be the next big one on release.  As a gamer that has gone from Pen and Paper all the way to VR.  I am truly excited to see Crowfall succeed. 

Edited by Grizznakprime

Small feedback from someone who played 1 hour:
My inventory is a mess, i have to manually sort it for resources food and items to sacrefice which is a pain.
I would love to see the inventory to be split into groups\tabs,
where resources are automatically stored in one tab\group, weapons and equipment in another and so on.

Another thing is how overflowed the crafting menu is, can you please add a tab system where in one tab i can find advanced resources crafting (like turning crud leather into leather used for crafting) and another tab from where i can use it to actually craft things, currently they are in the same list and its confusing. And while at it, can you please highlight resources in my inventory when i click whatever that is i want to craft? for example if an axe needs 3 wood, then when i click the axe @ the crafting menu the wood in my inventory will be highlighted

this is not a big request but it will be a life changer, cheers

Brand new player with just 8 or so hours in. I'm still learning the basics but the community is great. This game seems like a real gem, every new feature or mechanic I've discovered impresses me more! Looking forward to playing more and likely cancelling my other subscriptions. =)

a small note on centaur, when i walk it seems my left back leg got a problem maybe centaurs prefer run  and got cramps when they walk ;) 

as usual a little video to see the problem :

There's a bug or w/e you want to call it. My assassin reached level 22 and not wont gain any experience killing mobs. Experience bar is stuck on 0 experience or 0% and wont move no matter what rank mob I kill

Hello,

Here are some things that I have noticed on the last several play through over the week:

1. While playing as the Elkin Templar and attempting to use the "censure" ability which is a 20m jump stun attack. This attack seems to very frequently collide with terrain such as an incline of a hill or a small rock which cancels the ability. Also even when on flat terrain and attacking at >19m the attack frequently stops a few meters short of the target with no effect.

2. While using the "Glide" racial ability of the Fae: If I switched between any of the trays (life, death, attack, harvest, ect) glide would be canceled and I would fall out of the sky like a brick. It seems more like a bug than not, but I am not sure.

3. Cosmetic more than anything else, but equipping uncommon and above items in the gear slot doesn't display right. Instead of displaying a green(ect) background it displays clear. More just annoying than anything else.

4. I have noticed some odd stuff with the druids (fae) main left click attack (also seems to be a post above me with some of the same issues). One thing is that the animation is wonky, with the lightning bolt coming in a general straight line from behind the player to the mob. Seems that it would look better if either the character was the source of the lightning or if a bolt was coming in vertical from the sky onto the target. Second is that when attempting to "kite" mobs with the druid there have been many times where the left click attack wont work while moving and I need to stay still for a moment before using it. Not sure if this is my own laggy internet, but thought it was worth a mention.

Very small thing, also very simple to fix: I specced ambush on my duelist with pistols, thinking it'd be usable with pistols too. I found out first when i tried using it "Only usable with a Rapier"

Just add a tooltip/info text on the talent when speccing it: "Requires a Rapier" Or melee weapon, or whatever it requires :)

This little detail is something that'd actually have me reroll seeing i can't respec.

Pro crow in the makings 😉. Extreme newbie for the time being ❤️. MMORPGamer since 2003.

Confessor and Druid LMB.

Not only does it lock on target so they dont have to aim to use it.. it also means you can't LoS to break it

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

I'd wish to see more information during character creation. Racials, starting stat bonuses, class descriptions and such.

Pro crow in the makings 😉. Extreme newbie for the time being ❤️. MMORPGamer since 2003.