Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_FancyHats

5.100 LIVE Feedback for 9/4/2019

22 minutes ago, Battlebones said:

Better re-title it then...cause it says, 'Feedback'.

The title seems fine to me.

IhhQKY6.gif

On 10/15/2019 at 7:00 PM, Jah said:

The title seems fine to me.

That makes no sense and you're just bs'ing now.

Edited by Battlebones

It seems it's still impossible to hit most green bullseyes when skinning. The problem seems to be that they appear beyond the dead animal body hitbox and so skinning over it doesn't register.

Sides seem to be VERY unbalanced. You'll have to deal with this before the game starts or it will ruin the whole game.

There is an annoying delay between you can see and actually gather items dropped from harvesting (playing with 12ms and I still have to wait like a second before it registers that I am trying it pick it up)

US East/Virginia/Joveth/Salista 6-8 - loc: 1852, 1, 2860

Feedback: Killed a Urgu, looted him, then walked further away about 30 -40 feet. Turned around and looked back at him and his corpse was standing upright, gray in color, but was running in place. I did this twice and same result.

Game is allright, it go potential, glitchy when trying to open inventory fast and play/cast skills fast. needs polishing and optimization.

So far Im enjoying the game, bough it today :)

After leveling several race/class combinations of white bodies, I found one a really liked.  Had a blue body made for it.  Leveled it to 20, joined the campaign and finished leveling it to 30.  Now what?

I don't like all the harvest and crafting system.  I don't like mindlessly running from rss node to rss node wearing out tools, hoping that the RNG will give me the rare rss i need to craft quality equipment.  When I finally get the rss, I don't like having to navigate the folder/subfolder mess of the crafting window to craft components, to then craft parts, to then craft a piece of equipment.

Personally, I'd rather be able to grind mobs looking for materials and pieces to make equipment.  Or be able to break down the equipment, you find from mobs, into components.

I also feel like I have found several items that other players would find useful, but I have no way to sell them because there are only a handful of vendor spaces always occupied by the same people with the same stuff on them.  We need an auction house, a guild bank, and a mail system.

I don't like the passive skill tree system.  I don't mind only being able to "study" one path at a time, and I like the idea of being rewarded even when I'm not playing the game.  I just wish there was a way to actively speed up the progression. (And be able to see all the information on the tooltips BEFORE "unlocking" them.) Rollover points that can spent on linked areas would be nice too.  I had to be away for several days and when I came back I had thousands of more points that I needed to unlock 100% of the area.

Several friends and I intentionally set out on different skill routes to unlock the various crafting and exploration bonuses.  After several weeks, each member has become specialized in an area.  But we are unable to take advantage of their skills because the only way to funnel materials to them is to both be online in the same area and actively trade.  Again, we need a guild bank or mail system.

I don't like the hunger mechanic. I like the various foods and buffs and the cooking skill.  I just don't like having to monitor and manage a mechanic that doesn't really have any impact on the game.  Yes, starving sucks, but there's not much effort needed to prevent it.  I have enough chores and honey-do's in real life.  I don't need another one in a game I play for fun.

BARD - the bonus effect songs you get from twisting should override and replace the lesser song buffs.

Overall I enjoyed playing the game. Otherwise I wouldn't have played it for this long, or bothered to provide feedback.  I really hope some improvements are made to allow players to better sell and trade with other players.

1) Please add a "Dye" system to the game. Be nice to change colors around on armor as well as some guilds like to pick color schemes.

2) Add guild emblems to shields, maybe?

7 minutes ago, Goonii said:

1) Please add a "Dye" system to the game.

Here's a bit of info regarding what they want to do with weapon and armor customization.  They're a bit old, but hopefully it's all still in the works:

Armor Dyes

Weapon Customization

Racial weaponry concept art

Once all this lands in-game, there should be quite a bit of variation to choose from.

I haven't touched Crowfall in over 2 years. I'm extremely pleased to say that it's come a LONG way since then. The game is actually playable AND enjoyable to play.

After playing a few hours tonight, I have the following observations:

1. When looting a corpse (with F), the Loot window could really use a "Take All" button/feature.

2. Or better yet, why not make the corpse loot just bounce out into the world for us to run over, just like gathering? I remember when you had to click on the fallen materials years ago. This new mechanic is so fluid and immersive. So why not make ALL loot function the same way? It would GREATLY simplify and speed up the looting process. I just find it odd to have the looting mechanics be different for corpses than for gathered goods. There really is no difference. It all goes to the same bag anyways. lol. Having to hit F, then right click or drag each and every item in the loot window, really slows down the game play. Not to mention, makes you vulnerable to attack, catching you unawares with your inventory window open. It's really not an engaging, flowing experience.

3. What's with the distinct Yes and No keybinds? Just use F for Yes and Escape for No. This cuts down on the learning curve, reduces the need to remember as many key binds, creates a consistent interaction schema and makes it much easier for folks mapping the binds to a controller configuration (such as myself) because there'd be 2 less buttons to worry about.

4. I don't understand the E combo button. I get that some combo chains can branch in 2 directions, and that you need a bind for the 2nd direction. But why not make it a HOLD of that same key, rather than a completely different key? For one, it's more intuitive. Secondly, it flows much better. Third, it cuts down on design/keybind clutter. And lastly, again, makes mapping a controller configuration much more effective.

I am super pleased to see the progress of this game. In it's current state I have a renewed hope that Crowfall can really become something special. Because it sure feels like it's headed in that direction. Thanks!

P.S. Any plans to come out with native controller support (either full or combat only)? Your use of action camera and the implementation of the UI windows as a sort of control center -- similar to ESO's menus in gamepad mode -- really lend themselves toward the controller. This would be pretty awesome for those like me that have physical/health restrictions with mouse and keyboard setups.

Just had my first hour of gameplay. A little feedback: Looks great, movement is okay, I guess I just need to get used to it, ie targeting enemys quickly in a pack using bow etc.... but thats all just new stuff for the gamer to learn, my main reason for dropping in is to say the screens are a little busy. Nothing makes sence to the new player when hitting Esc and seeing all the screens, multiple windows left open when scrolling through bugged me. A nice simple Tap menu would be better. I did notice a lack of animation sounds in general. As mentioned above. Loot  - Just have a take all botton. We all hate having to click every 2mins.  But so far so good. I will be back and put some more time into learning the game mechanics.

Hi Crows,

I am having extreme FPS issues. The last campaign and now the new one I am running 10 FPS standing still. I am assuming massive memory leaks wiht this new build. Prior runs I was min 60 to 100 FPS....

I will try to log another day but right now the game is unplayable for me!

Azsh

Azsh

1 hour ago, Azsh said:

The last campaign and now the new one I am running 10 FPS standing still. I am assuming massive memory leaks wiht this new build. Prior runs I was min 60 to 100 FPS....

Not sure there was a new build between the last 2. I fear its something else.

So I tried this game a while back, but didn't play much. A few of my friends were interested in it so I hopped in with them to give it another look.

Here are our impressions about the game thus far:

Starting with character creation, there is no information at all about any of the classes or race choices. You are completely blind unless you look them up out of game.

Once we were in game, we found the user interface terrible. It was extremely laggy, hard to get information out of, and the worst part was you can't have any menus open while moving. Even just getting a tool tip to pop up over abilities in the talent tree took effort and didn't give much information about the ability. Trying to make an informed decision between 3 talents that were all very similar wasn't possible and I ended up having to get two of the three to find the one that worked for my build.

As far as talents go, we really didn't like being so restricted with so being able to use so few passives and active abilities. When it came time to choose my disciplines I felt like I was getting barely anything out of them since I could only use maybe one passive or active from them and that was if I sacrificed from somewhere else. 

Combat was felt very clunky and unresponsive. There were occasional significant FPS drops, but the problems with combat went beyond that. Fighting was not enjoyable.

The crafting system was reminiscent of Star Wars Galaxies. That seemed alright, but I felt making basic things that required no experimentation such as meat tartar took too many steps through the laggy UI. Gathering on the other hand felt really tedious. My biggest problem was that there didn't seem to be a good way of increasing your crafting and gathering abilities by playing the game. Sure there are discipline stones that give some benefits, but the biggest benefits come through the passive training.

It seemed like there was little incentive to play regularly. You can only advance your character so far by actively playing and there isn't a lot of reason for people to be out doing things on the campaign map so world pvp outside of sieges seemed almost non-existent every time we went looking for it.

We did manage to get a bit of pvp but it didn't feel balanced at all. We had the best gear that we could buy from the player vendors in town, all blue or purple for the most part and the highest damage offered. However when we finally found someone to fight he was a confessor that did more than double the damage of the confessor in our group and took a fraction of the damage. His entire strategy was to disappear repeatedly and then reappear a few seconds later at maximum range to kite us. As a champion my only closing ability is leap which has way too long of a cool down to even be close to keeping up with him even when combined with my dodge rolls. Another fight we had was against another champion. This guy we just couldn't hurt. All of our abilities did so little damage to him that he could easily self heal through it with no issues. The fight went on until we all got bored and went separate ways. It seems silly that 3 people (champion, cleric and confessor) couldn't do enough damage to kill one player even if he had better gear on.

For now we are going to hold off playing any more and we'll come back at some point in the future to see how the game has grown.

Is there no Current Feedback thread?  this is the most recent one I see.  Quick feedback last play is that running with your sword out or axe or whatever is kind of not pleasant looking.  looks very minecraft in motions.  I think you'll want to address this.   Also direction of view spins and snaps sometimes to a completely random direction which needs fixing.   I love the crafting.   So far I feel like NPC fights could be more interesting.  

On 10/19/2019 at 3:31 PM, Battlebones said:

US East/Virginia/Joveth/Salista 6-8 - loc: 1852, 1, 2860

Feedback: Killed a Urgu, looted him, then walked further away about 30 -40 feet. Turned around and looked back at him and his corpse was standing upright, gray in color, but was running in place. I did this twice and same result.

Thats not feedback, thats a bug report.  Please use the proper thread.

Edited by Ble