Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_FancyHats

5.100 LIVE Feedback for 9/4/2019

Hopefully this is the right place for this. Did a search and what not to try to make sure this hasn't been repeated recently. Either way some of my personal feedback:

Was playing for a few hours for the first time in a year or so. Game has made leaps and bounds and honestly fun as hell. There is a lot of zooming in, subtle screen shake, and blur that while by it self isn't even noticeable. However the more you play the faster your bandaging to go back to fighting. Eventually it just kinda made me sick and worn out. I turned off the blur, but sadly the screen shake eventually did me in.

Definitely need sliders or at least options to chill with the camera movement including the zooming in. If the goal is to limit vision or something there needs to be a better solution than the snapping vision back and forth between trays.

I just played for the first time and overall it was pretty fun. My only complaint is that I played assassin and when I wanted to try to cap an outpost, I tried to sneak in and was immediately spotted by the guards. Maybe there is some way to mitigate this that I haven't found yet, but it kinda sucks that the stealth tray seems completely useless for capping an outpost.

8 hours ago, Bojangle said:

I just played for the first time and overall it was pretty fun. My only complaint is that I played assassin and when I wanted to try to cap an outpost, I tried to sneak in and was immediately spotted by the guards. Maybe there is some way to mitigate this that I haven't found yet, but it kinda sucks that the stealth tray seems completely useless for capping an outpost.

They won't see you till you get fairly close, so yeah, for outposts thats a problem.  Even when they didn't see you, you could not advance the cap of an outpost while stealthed.  Either way, you got to fight.

Might be you could kill one, run away, heal up and kill the other one.  MANY moons ago, lifesteal daggerspin was a thing, not sure if it still works.  I think probably not.

Assassins are in a very bad spot right now.  Bringing a healer with you or someone with more sustain to keep agro on the guards might be advised.

13 hours ago, Bojangle said:

Only one that can take the 3x r10 outpost easily is the blackguard.  The other 2 are going to have to hit and run the camps and its still questionable at that point.

Upon exiting the current client, it queries feedback.  An affirmative requires login and redirects to the main page instead of putting the player where they need to be to post the issue.

Don't make players fight to help, this loop seems counterproductive.

I'm curious to the thinking behind the skill tree.  Shadowbane  had each character complete within it's tree.  Runes to alter the use of a template were dropped by special mobs and their for a point to be fought over, adding new points of contention.  This new rune style shows these player templates are not necessarily useful without rune help.  Any thoughts?

Edited by Quiksix

Actually just got this game and got a big Albion online vibe from it so far. My thoughts playing so far, obviously there needs to be more animation, things to do, etc. First off, I feel as though when you're gathering materials, items falling on the ground that can be easily stolen from a group member is frustrating first off, then once official launch comes, wouldn't all these ores on the ground once there are tons of people playing, cause major performance issues? Secondly, crafting needs to be more handy. There should always be a grind, but something I hated about Albion online, is going back to realize I can't make that next set yet. So I venture out to grab some more stuff, I end up forgetting exactly what and how much I need, I grab just a bunch of random poorly made socks at that point, then take a gamble to see if I actually have enough, there should be a task system or something so that I can schedule what materials to grab, etc. Third, when I open a menu then hit escape to keep playing, these windows should AUTOMATICALLY close. I hate when I have to go craft something, then go to my character sheet, then to my skills, and so on, I click escape to keep playing and then 10 minutes later when I want to go craft something again, I have to X out of every single tab already opened. Probably have heard this stuff before, but I just started and am loving it so thought id say what I have felt so far.

1 hour ago, jjtt31 said:

items falling on the ground that can be easily stolen from a group member

Harvested mats are group loot while they're on the ground. No one outside your group can see them or pick them up.

Please look into the Bard, as skills as a class.....

as a note, Bard speed in combat, it says 10% speed, but its currently not noticeable. It might need to be buffed to feel effect of speed? maybe 15% in combat. Out of combat is fine for the speed boost it gives.

2nd point, for the future, a full bard class could be awesome addition. You have the ground work layed already thru major discs and minor passives. Im thinking EQ1 bard in base terms....

Just my 2 cents. Love idea of a hybrid class and then  picking bard disciplines.  :)

Posted (edited)

IF I understand the crafting correctly, the only progression is through the passive professions. So the act of crafting has zero benefit in perfecting ones craft. After gathering for three days and crafting to make better harvesting gear I discovered that it was a waste of time to bother. The failures quickly use up any supplies that were very time consuming to get. It is extremely frustrating to see hard earned mats go to waste and know that the effort and motivation to try gained me absolutely nothing. The result is that I see no reason to play the crafting roll at all until I can train a significant amount of the profession. I may as well play another game and log in to spend my profession points until I am good enough to have some success. This affects pvp and pve as well since I cannot make better gear. I doubt the goal is to make people avoid crafting for months. The idea that someone who invests many hours in gathering mats has no advantage over someone who does nothing but log in and spend profession points is disheartening. A person could do absolutely nothing and log in 3 months later and craft as well as someone with total dedication who has been grinding the whole time.

Edited by Musashi7

I got Crowfall today. played a hand full of hours and enjoyed it. The in game menu (crafting, skills, talents, etc)  takes a little bit to get use to but once I figured out what was what I didn't have any problems. I spent probably the first couple hours in the solo world just farming resources crafting and sacrificing items to level up until I was more familiar with the game.

I don't mind the passive professions. As I have yet to see a majority of the game that could change, but as a new player I haven't been able to outstrip what I'm able to consistently craft with the materials. I appreciate being able to make some progression even though I'm offline. 

I had a fun time crafting. The crafting bench menu is organized well, but my first thought when I saw it was, "This is going to take a minute to get use to." I think the experimentation points are a great idea and I would encourage the devs to go more in that direction. Point click crafting is something that I was excited for in 2004 when WoW first came out. In 2020 I'd like to actually craft my gear through a mini game that gives you rewards for doing it well and punishes you for doing it poorly. This gives the player more agency, a deeper sense of immersion and emphasizes the importance of crafting in Crowfall.
   It changes the system from being one where you click a button and passively watch, to one you're actively involved in. That way it isn't a line of code being run to do roll deciding whether you fail and waste mats or not, but the player. Players who went out and collected rare materials then crafted an awesome item this way would feel much more connected to the item they crafted this way. Mini-games like this are also a good preemptive anti bot system. Its much more difficult to make a bot that is going to do dynamic mini-games consistently rather than one that clicks a single button.

So far combat has been simple and straight forward. Looking forward to trying more of the game. I've more or less been PvP focused on WoW since 04 so I'm really looking forward to trying end game PvP out.

Edited by Fractalz

Hello Crowfall Devs, here is my feedback from the first play through.   A tutorial is greatly needed/required though it is still in the works.  All gathering actions from logging to mining is very very clunky.  There are many times where hitting a tree or slag is not registered.   Combat is very clunky and can see why testers from the previous years have had many gripes with it.  For talent tree and crafting windows, maybe look into creating a separate window for each instead of having it all wrapped in with the inventory menu. It was getting annoying very quickly having to close the crafting menu to see my skills/talents and vise versa.   Game looks promising, but the core basics require much more attention.  The group of people I know have high hopes for this game, but sadly it seems far from even closed beta ready. 

Combat has vastly improved since the last time I played, but is still just a bit clunky. The new user experience currently sucks. I remember I had the same issue as last time where I straight up almost quit after logging in, being confused, harvesting a rock or two, some trees, then going "Okay...what now? Guess I'll come back later."

Both times pushing through the initial part reveals an amazing game, or an amazing base for one.  Still not sure how I feel about the vessel system even being a thing that exists, but that's something you guys decided on years ago, so I'll just leave that alone and get used to it. 

There needs to be a option toggle to allow the map to be viewed top down and not angled in a isometric fashion. Maybe allow the map to be rotated.

Also provide the option to remove POI Markers on the map (i.e. NPC PVE Camp Locations, Names of Temples, Player Positioning)

They do not ask who we are for fear of the truth. They do not ask who we are because the look says it all.

Kregard of the Crimson Riders, Cremoria

Just a quick suggestion, as a new player it would be really helpful if there was a description of the races and classes (their passives, bonuses, etc) at the character creation screen. Really nice work here, this game is very fun. :)

Hi Guys!

I need to say that in my opinion there is no tutorial in regards to any aspect of the game. Crafting is quite hard , especially  if you have to create one item at a time ( it might be because i still did not discover how to create multiple items at once, but again tutorial is missing !) . If You do not want to place it in the main game content at least create a separate option.  I am used to browse through wikis on the net but in this cease we still do not have proper knowledge db to create one. 

Interface has to be upgraded, unable to sell multiple items with one button, cannot confirm selling or buying an item with a simple right mouse button click or with enter on the keyboard. Same goes with assigning items and skills to the bar, it has to be done manually, i think it should work with one click option. 

There is no lore... sadly. Game does not show you anything about it history, what happened or why. There is no entry cinematics, no quests, no introduction to the game world. This has to be fixed right away in my opinion. 

NPC - names , their functions - missing. Nothing that could point out what are they selling or what are they doing at all, why ?! 

Map - its nicely generated and sadly that is all. I can see the camps where i can grind through mobs but that is it, nothing else.... Where are the info about npc, cities, teleports. it would be nice to see a map all the time, small window at the right top corner would be nice ( with an ability to see through it or to close it completely) 

Storage - i know about an ability to store items and cash outside of my character inventory only by an accident. There is literally no info on the map which could point out to it's location, none. 

Amount of items needed to craft anything  - for me it is a little too much. I spent around 2 hours to gather enough ore to craft one item and sadly it was worst then the one i could buy with selling all what i gathered along the way. Please do not get me wrong, crafting in this game is quite awesome but a little bit too complicated or maybe to put it in simple words it requires too much resources to gather. 

Races and classes - literally no info about what we are choosing - none! Ok i got it , most of the classes are repetitive like in other games but maybe it would be good to put few worlds about them ? what they do, what are they main purpose, what do they use ( weapon, armor). Now there is nothing. 

Fighting - what is the purpose of dodging skills when mobs can hit my character when i'm like 15 meters away from them  ( and i'm not saying about ranged attacks). If we have a separate skill for it than why it is not working as it should ( again if i am missing something it is because there was no tutorial about it). 

Cash - my o may! The amount of cash that i have to spent to buy anything on the first few levels is ridiculous! Guys i did not have to spend that much even in Anarchy online ( and guys, that game had mad prices!). I understand that in the advance part of the game everything will be pricey, but why does it has to be that way from the beginning ?    

Overall Opinion:

The game has an amazing potential, however there is still a lot that needs to be improved. I am glad that is spent my cash to play it before it was released. 

I also have to say that i am a little bit scared because of the ratings and statements on the Youtube. Most of the gamers was hyped about it at the beginning but now not so much, i cannot say why, is that because there was no improvement since some time, if yes than why ? What happened ? 

There is still a lot of things i have to test and i will do it gladly in my spare time.

If there is anything i could do to help as a tester feel more than obligated to ask for help. 

Best Regards!

Milidion

Edited by Milidion

im not feeling this game at all - you can level fast, but cant do much against higher level foes if you dont have the time gated stuff done - enemies can lock on and hit you through the ground but you cant hit them through a leaf - the travel is slow - the maps are uninspiring to say the least - so very lacking in detail and dont get me started on the super tedious crafting

guess Ill try back in another year or so but Im not seeing the kind of progression that leads me to believe this is anything other than a huge money sink - first and last time I buy a game in a kickstarter ill tell you that much 

Edited by vanschlick

The Timing of Keeps and Forts opening for challenge seems off. Having no pvp all evening and then everyone shows up at 9 or 10 pm is not going to work. Most of us have jobs to help pay for games like this. PVP should be peaking from 4 pm Pacific to 8 pm Pacific. That would be 7pm to 10 pm eastern., There are a ton of people who cant stay up till 11pm or midnight pvping. If nothing is happening at from 7pm to 9pm anywhere in NA then I see no reason to own this game.

I really hope you are planning to have a mini map. It sucks to have to stop and check the big map to see where you are.

We really need a shot callers target singled out in some manner. Shadowbane had an arrow appear over their head. Perhaps a mod.

The screen clutter makes it really hard to find targets. We don't need everyone's guild crest and faction taking up the whole screen and the graphics effects need to be on a slider so that people can adjust them to their preference. A lot of us are old SB players and don't see as well as we did 15 years ago.

Great Job so far guys! Thanks