Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Heartsteel

Parcels for GR, Infected, and Campaign

With the addition of the "Infected", I think this would be a good time for you guys to look at resource ranks. GR should be dropped to only a maximum of r5, (wartribes, nodes, animals). The r8 becomes moot with infected only having a cap of 15. Infected could run r6-7, which with wartribe drops can easily get you 5 more levels, and then have campaign be r8-10. Farming r8 with no risk, no reward makes this game look like minecraft. If I wanted to play minecraft, well I'd play minecraft. This would be more likely to put people in combat enabled zones, and keep away from the "carebear" nonsense. This is a throne war, but we're losing the "war" part due to there being safe alternatives.

I think the infected zone, being pvp enabled, should be able to run r6-7, this would let new players get more green tier mats with their training, would introduce them to the risk and normal competitive gameplay in a more relaxed environment, and then let campaigns be the bigger fish for the competitive environment. Resources make a perfect driving force for conflict, so it makes sense to put the better resources in conflict zones.

Of course, this is merely nicer constraints. I think gr should really be like r4, run infected at r5, and let campaigns and dregs have the highest tiers.  But with the level constraints currently, makes it kinda harder to get new vessels going. At the same time, I think we need to look at how to keep current players active instead of entertaining the new ones. The system is so basic that we as a community can easily get people going and answer questions. Meanwhile we're slowly dropping off to where people only get on for siege times again.

And i'd still argue winter and fall need some work too. It currently makes more sense to get dust and stuff from GR come winter due to needing passive training, leadership, food and pots for that 5 pip pop. But I think that's another topic for another day. We just don't need people hiding out in spring and summer.

22 hours ago, Heartsteel said:

And i'd still argue winter and fall need some work too. It currently makes more sense to get dust and stuff from GR come winter due to needing passive training, leadership, food and pots for that 5 pip pop. But I think that's another topic for another day. We just don't need people hiding out in spring and summer.

You may want to review how many imports you have now.

You can wait until fall and farm all the dust you want in GR, but you're going to have a tough time choosing to import a stack of dust when you only have enough imports to bring in your gear. Even with alt accounts imports are really tight to prevent exactly this, and filters are being developed that would specifically prevent you from importing raw materials like dust at all.

They want you to craft your starter gear in EKs, but the plan has always been that your replacement gear (and you'll need replacement gear in a 3 month campaign) is crafted in the campaign, by crafters in the campaigns, from materials in the campaign. The entire point of late seasons is that they're supposed to suck for people without trained harvesters. That's why you train harvesters.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

11 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

You may want to review how many imports you have now.

You can wait until fall and farm all the dust you want in GR, but you're going to have a tough time choosing to import a stack of dust when you only have enough imports to bring in your gear. Even with alt accounts imports are really tight to prevent exactly this, and filters are being developed that would specifically prevent you from importing raw materials like dust at all.

They want you to craft your starter gear in EKs, but the plan has always been that your replacement gear (and you'll need replacement gear in a 3 month campaign) is crafted in the campaign, by crafters in the campaigns, from materials in the campaign. The entire point of late seasons is that they're supposed to suck for people without trained harvesters. That's why you train harvesters.

What I mean is, certain things should get buffs during the different seasons. Once we hit fall and winter, player counts drop dramatically, so unless you have the training and pots and food, all that's gonna be around is a few people capping. There's so little to do outside of farming and it's obvious that people give out by the end. As for dust and mats in GR, that usually goes to a crafter between campaigns... sooo? Imports have nothing to do with that.

But like I said, that's a topic for another thread.