Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kameleon

Fast travel to what you own - PVP incentive

I don't know if this idea has been brought up before but the num locking running to a region afk 10 minutes is pretty boring especially with such low population...

I believe it would be interesting that PVP captured areas like forts and even towers or respawn points should be teleportable to when you have them captured.

This would again give an incentive for capturing stuff and PVPing. 

I think captured locations should be teleportable to when they are between 50% and 100% captured. When they are below 50%, the teleport option dissapears and the final fight for the location is underway.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Kameleon said:

I don't know if this idea has been brought up before but the num locking running to a region afk 10 minutes is pretty boring especially with such low population...

I believe it would be interesting that PVP captured areas like forts and even towers or respawn points should be teleportable to when you have them captured.

This would again give an incentive for capturing stuff and PVPing. 

I think captured locations should be teleportable to when they are between 50% and 100% captured. When they are below 50%, the teleport option dissapears and the final fight for the location is underway.

Thoughts?

currently you full cap things in .2s 

38 minutes ago, bionicchop2 said:

Defenders have an advantage in most situations. I am not sure letting the entire server teleport to a location as soon as an enemy shows up would serve any kind of purpose.

Fast defense travel would be a huge Uncle Bob type of advantage.  One of the few advantages a weaker/behind force can have is the ability to hit in locations that attacks are unexpected.  Fast travel would eliminate the value of that strategy.

In short, NO!

For the record, your not wrong about the running being boring, but this is not a good solution.

Plenty of games have forms of fast travel that could be adopted into Crowfall.

Binding to one location for teleporting or respawn.

Speed buff providing NPCs or Potions. Sacrifice X to the gods for a particular buff perhaps?

Conquest network that requires a guild/faction to control X number of POIs on a map to fast travel to the highest value POI.

Overall land control and siege need a lot of work IMO. Crowfall's system is very very basic all around. The foundation needs more features and then they need to build up fun mechanics and win conditions to make each campaign a new experience (not that each campaign needs a unique mechanic).

Infected is better layout for the population we have and I'd prefer less space until the population grows. This seems very easy considering the world design. Instead of 10 pick 5 or whatever maps for a campaign.

If the world as a whole was more exciting and had more meaningful PVP, I believe the value of fast travel would drop. Everyone wouldn't need to rush to X location as there would be plenty of things to do. Some would need to go to X, some Y, some Z, some ..... Design needs to grown while keeping in mind the testing population for now.