Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Byteflux

Crafting mini game closing the gap btwn. new players & vets

Crafting incorporated some kind of mini game that determines the results, instead of just chance that is enhanced by passives with the passives making the mini games easier.

That way the gap between new players and veterans could be closed somewhat and be based on skill with the aforementioned minigame. At least for crafting. :)

The crafting system/passive system creates a huge disparity in stats between veterans and newer players in it's current state. In order to grow a game(when launched) you need new blood flowing in and staying. If someone has to let passives accumulate for over a month plus before they can even scratch a veteran players health you expect them to stay around?

1 hour ago, MarkSwaggerson said:

The crafting system/passive system creates a huge disparity in stats between veterans and newer players in it's current state. In order to grow a game(when launched) you need new blood flowing in and staying. If someone has to let passives accumulate for over a month plus before they can even scratch a veteran players health you expect them to stay around?

Veteran players will always have an advantage over newer players in an MMO. I don't know of an existing game that I could hop in today and feel competitive against players who have played for a year.

The gap between installing Crowfall and being able to play with everybody else is wildly overstated. I have like 20% of my combat trees leveled and the only crafting I have maxed is my runecrafting.  While I currently have a top tier vessel and good gear, I have felt competitive even in a blue vessel with wartribe gear. Once you learn how to effectively collect dust / embers, you really have access to everything you could want. What I see is people seem to want to be able to log in day 1 and go fight a veteran player 1v1 as a solo player.

You need to be in a guild that compliments your needs. Without that you will always be behind others regardless of your passive training.

On 9/15/2019 at 5:29 AM, Byteflux said:

the gap between new players and veterans could be closed somewhat

A catch-up mechanic is planned (details on how it might work not confirmed).

tiPrpwh.png

6 hours ago, bionicchop2 said:

What I see is people seem to want to be able to log in day 1 and go fight a veteran player 1v1 as a solo player.

I see many people complain about not feeling viable doing much of anything. Crafting/resource loop effectiveness is time gated so that really can leave a bitter taste in new players mouths since there is not much left to do other then grind some mobs with little thought or run around empty world. If there was any economy/market/currency that would certainly help, but that died almost a year ago. 

there is a big market in the game and it is working Right now, you just Need a Little more than the ingame Chat.

i know at least one Person for each craftingprofession who is crafting for other People and there are set Prices. you can even just check all Vendors, there is Always something to buy.

just try a bit communicating and you get everything you Need ingame

I love this idea.  It would be great if you had to solve a puzzle with multiple steps, so that each step represented a level of success in the final product you were crafting.  In this way, if you spent ten minutes solving all the steps of the puzzle, you would have earned a legendary crafted item vs. someone who only spends thirty seconds earning a white common.

In terms of the mini-game:
- Imagine you had a series of "logs" that were attached to a maze of tracks.
- You also have "end points" which give you points if the correctly labeled "log" comes to rest there.
- The tracks also have "switches" that change the path/direction a log in motion will take.
- You have to click the switches on the tracks to get them to point in the correct directions so that when you hit "go" and all the logs start moving, the logs end up at the proper end point.

Lower level recipes could have three (3) logs/endings and nine (9) switches whereas the highest level recipes could have fifteen (15) logs/endings and 45 switches.

4 hours ago, AngelikMayhem said:

In this way, if you spent ten minutes solving all the steps of the puzzle, you would have earned a legendary crafted item

No. This would do nothing more then encourage bots and hacks in order to bypass puzzles to win.

Not if you're matching rune signs or some other kind of non-alpha-numeric symbols.  Robots can't understand pictures yet and hacking depends on how clever the devs are.

2 hours ago, AngelikMayhem said:

Not if you're matching rune signs or some other kind of non-alpha-numeric symbols.  Robots can't understand pictures yet and hacking depends on how clever the devs are.

What are you talking about? Bots can now solve video and now audio captcha, pictures was years ago. No dev has ever been clever enough to stop someone wanting to hack their computer game.