Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shadowhorn

Crush the Throne Forum

Ladies and Gentlemen, gamers of the world. I am proud to introduce to you the first Crowfall Forum, Crush the Throne!

Crush the Throne has been under development since the announcement of Crowfall and I am glad to finally share it with you all! At CTT you are able to interact with other gamers, discuss all things Crowfall related, find guides, and discuss and publicize your guild! With a custom Forum Shop, Guild of the Month section, access to numerous resources, Crush the Throne is the place for you. 

My goal is to have Crush the Throne be the central hub for anyone looking for anything Crowfall. If you are interested at all, please check us out! We would very much so appreciate it  :) 

I hope you all find CTT to your liking and that it offers everything you look for in a forum/fansite and more!

See you there!
Shadowhorn

Edited by shadowhorn

Thank you so much! You don't know how much that means to me. I kid you not when I say I have put in 13+ hours every day for the past week and a half haha. I wasn't expecting Crowfall to be announced for another week so when I got the news that we finally got a name, I spent my whole day from 3pm-3am working on making the site ready for launch today. I hope you enjoy it and that you are able to find everything easily!

Ladies and Gentlemen, gamers of the world. I am proud to introduce to you the first Crowfall Forum, Crush the Throne!

Crush the Throne has been under development since the announcement of Crowfall and I am glad to finally share it with you all! At CTT you are able to interact with other gamers, discuss all things Crowfall related, find guides, and discuss and publicize your guild! With a custom Forum Shop, Guild of the Month section, access to numerous resources, Crush the Throne is the place for you. 

My goal is to have Crush the Throne be the central hub for anyone looking for anything Crowfall. If you are interested at all, please check us out! We would very much so appreciate it  :)

I hope you all find CTT to your liking and that it offers everything you look for in a forum/fansite and more!

See you there!

Shadowhorn

Wow, that's a really nice website that you have built!  :)

Isn't crush the throne unnecessary since we already have the naturally made forum here that is very popular and active?

That's a very good question. As is with any video game, they will have a official forum for the game where the game dev's can answer questions and whatnot. Problems relating to the game or functions can be answered right then and there. 

Most video games also have a fan-run forum. Crush the Throne is that fan-run forum. I created it with the idea of setting up a centralized hub to find all things Crowfall. Once we are able to play the game, you will be able to find guides on it, tips, tools, and anything you could want to find! CTT is run by the gamers, for the gamers. 

Although it has done exceedingly well so far and is the leading Crowfall fansite, it will really kick in and expand to it's true purpose once beta opens up and we are able to discuss the game's content and make guides and discussions for it.

Fansites and forums are really useful in my opinion and don't necessarily decrease the participants' activity on the official forum. Also, those forums usually contain features that aren't available on the main forum : games, blogs, podcast, videos, non-moderated sections, etc. I enjoy to see all that stuff made by fans of Crowfall.

AWESOME MAN! Good work on it! Surprised people can work that fast and make it that nice!

Wordpress and Drupal make it surprisingly easy to make professional grade websites with a fraction of the effort it takes to code everything yourself. It still takes a bit of know how on how to use them but it's still dramatically easier than coding it all line by line. I'm guessing this one is done in Wordpress?

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

Wordpress and Drupal make it surprisingly easy to make professional grade websites with a fraction of the effort it takes to code everything yourself. It still takes a bit of know how on how to use them but it's still dramatically easier than coding it all line by line. I'm guessing this one is done in Wordpress?

You are spot on that sites such as Wordpress and Drupal (in addition to blogger) make it easy to make professional grade websites with a fraction of the effort, yet that's not the route I went for this site. For Crush the Throne I decided to use ProBoards, a forum hosting site. 

How ProBoards works is it gives you a forum template (where you then add boards, categories, etc. which you still have to set up) but the rest of it is all done by you. For example, the entire home page is a custom page I put together which consists of lots of HTML, images and a few add-ons. ProBoards is a forum maker, not a fansite builder so to give it a fansite feel, you really have to incorporate various website building knowledge to get the proper results. The various modules, image mapping, coding etc. all come together to give you a beautiful product to be proud of in the end.