Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tinnis

ACE's August QA communication failure

okay...you rearranged it due to sickness. *fine*. that happens.

https://community.crowfall.com/topic/25988-ace-qa-for-august-cancelled/

however you then failed to:

- post a forum or news article for when it was rearranged [aug 29th]

- post the stream video on your youtube channel

in addition the twitch VOD (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/474006839) has now expired beyond the 14 days of archiving. 

even missed out in the newsletter that went out on the 14th sept obviously too.

so literally inaccessible to anyone at this point it time, if they even knew it happened.

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

When u say nothing, it's sometimes cause u had noting to say...

And currently if they have nothing to say we can be worried... 

I hope news and discussions with  community will come back fast !

To busy playing wow classic like everyone else? game has lost a lot of players recently, EU servers are mainly a ghost town atm :( and it will probably get worse at the end of the month when Archeage Unchained releases which might attract some CF players, i'm certainly gonna give it a bash. 

Honestly it feels like the community team took the summer off, and the marketing team is clueless.  The schlock that appears on crowfall's social media is terrible, and given how few likes it gets on twitter and fb, everyone else agrees with that statement.

Sorry, ACE, you're really dropping the ball.  The game has become more fun recently, but you still have no player engagement for a few reasons:

• There's still a huge amount of busywork to do before players can meaningfully engage in PvP.
  • Players who are thinking about returning see the training gap between them and the established players and decide to wait for a skill wipe.
  • There's not enough people playing for the game to reach a critical mass.  It's not fun if you can't find anyone to fight (or if the only people you can find to fight are running around in groups of 10-15 when you're running around solo or in a group of 2-3).  Having people spread out between GR, The Infected, and two CWs isn't helping.
  • There's nothing enjoyable for solo players or small groups to do
  • Word of mouth to new and returning players is "game's still not ready, don't bother" because those of us still testing see the above problems and are hesitant to call people in to suffer along with us.

Your near-total lack of communication and engagement over the summer hasn't helped at all.

Edited by Durenthal

[owlmode: on]

Are all of you forgetting the past?

When did they stop talking (compared to the situation before) last time? It was when they dedided they want to save up for some big news. Was about the same time last year by the way.

Yeah, i agree, didnt really work out last time. At least not in the eyes of the old crows. Did it work out regarding the overall numbers? I can't tell. All I can say is that the current situation reminds me a lot of this specific situation last year. So ...

I can only repeat myself:

The (we) old crows need to adapt. Either we believe in the people behind the company or we don't. Either we are able to contribute to changes or not.

It is definitely not enough to just say we are not happy. It never is. It's a good start. But it's not the end. We (too) need to adapt over time, we need to participate, we need to contribute in a way that benefits a better final result for all.

If we are not able to do so, nothing we say is worth anything at all.

I already see a lot of well known names in this thread. If you (we) old crows are annoyed up to this level, it means something. But first of all it means that we need to think about the Why more specifically. We know that it is not enough to complain. We did to better in the past. We can and should do better in the future. If we can't who can?

The good thing is that every complaint is based on loving the game ... with the restriction that there is a conflict between what we see now and what we want to see.

So the solution can be to reflect this, to understand the difference and to communicate it in a way that really results into a positive change. So that's what we should do.

[owlmode: off]

Oh yeah, i so hate this current communication style. It feels like they don't give a poorly made socks about their old backers anymore at all! It was so much differnt (and better) in the old days. Good ole' days. I hate the new days! Maybe it turns out I'm a nights person in the end, without knowing it before ... ~sigh~

2W1ZHpA.jpg

9 hours ago, PaleOne said:

Honestly with the news cycle consisting of no real news I suspect that either they are out of money or plan to start over again with a completely different version after raising more money ...

Crowfall Classic?
Crowfall: Battle Royale?
Crowfall - Patreon Exclusive Edition?

I hope they are just building up to another massive reveal.
I suspect that the only reveal they could do at this point is release or alpha/beta.

231e101d88.jpg

I would imagine there will be a lot of marketing stuff associated with 5.110. Unfortunately, for marketing purposes, the information comes out at the same time as the update, while we are all sitting here jonesing for any tidbit about what's coming. I miss stuff like patch notes from the future. Big picture, we know what's next, but a couple details would be appreciated. The Dregs is the big thing, but there will be plenty of small things too, I'm sure, that they can give us to nibble on while we wait.

@Kraahk i like your post, but no comm was a problem  last years and it's still a problem. Really i dont understand why they do not talk more with community, there is so much thing to talk about.

And another problem is that when they talk at least for something it's each time (or almost) very late or too late. For example, the decapathon, nice idea but they announced it just 2 or 3 days before ... many players i know which wait for 6.0 told me "oh nice, great idea when did it start... in 2 days poorly made socks i dont have time to come back ..." So they dont come back for this event... 

Timing is so important for this kind of thing and honestly  since last year, the content and the timing are bad . 

finally and especially, i think frustration come from the fact we dont feel heard, i can see so much time ppl saying "we want pvp, we want small map to find and fight quickly" , we had bloodbath before why they do not put a map like that for a week-end or something like that i dont think it's expensive or technically hard (maybe i'm wrong) but it will be so motivated for us .

silence leads to fear

fear leads to anger .... you know the end ! 

The really sad part is there has been multiple threads pointing this out, the community is shrinking, the servers are relatively empty and I haven't seen actual dev interaction on even one of them.

Which means they either aren't even reading the forums anymore or just don't care.

I would like to believe they are so busy building the Dregs that they don't have time for updates or the forums..

Because the dregs is the game the community wanted and the faction war has pretty much failed.

It would be awesome if it were true....

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

13 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

The really sad part is there has been multiple threads pointing this out, the community is shrinking, the servers are relatively empty and I haven't seen actual dev interaction on even one of them.

Which means they either aren't even reading the forums anymore or just don't care.

I would like to believe they are so busy building the Dregs that they don't have time for updates or the forums..

Because the dregs is the game the community wanted and the faction war has pretty much failed.

It would be awesome if it were true....

I wouldn't say it failed. Low population with no real incentive to win is why it hasn't worked. Faction-based PvP has worked to varying degrees in other games. I'm sure it will work in CF once they add campaign rewards and we have a higher population.

7 minutes ago, Arkade said:

I wouldn't say it failed. Low population with no real incentive to win is why it hasn't worked. Faction-based PvP has worked to varying degrees in other games. I'm sure it will work in CF once they add campaign rewards and we have a higher population.

In its current Iteration it has failed.

if it worked we would have the population, because people would want to play..

On 9/17/2019 at 10:25 AM, PaleOne said:

Patch 5.10 is not intended to have a large population or be the final iteration of the game.  It's an incremental push towards  finished game.

Edited by Zatch

1 hour ago, Zatch said:

Patch 5.10 is not intended to have a large population or be the final iteration of the game.  It's an incremental push towards the final game finished game.

True-

Pre alpha is just that. It’s part of a game.

Thry Always said that the beauty of the system is the ability to make new rulesets and experiment .

Hopefully the next experiment is more successful 

6 hours ago, PaleOne said:

I am not sure you can place the blame upon factions for people not wanting to play. It the gameplay is bad for other reasons, it wont matter one bit if there are factions or not. I argue that core design changes towards grinding and PvE and away from PvP have chased away past and current players and these same changes are just not good enough to draw other types of players.