Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Character suggestion

hurt

I have a templar in the campaign and I'm pretty sure it's quite useless at the fort battles.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a useful character that I can bring and attempt to help out? I'm working with all war tribe gear and no upgraded vessel. Perhaps it's more important to get the better gear than try another character?

What type of characters are helpful in battle for a newbie to play?

-Draconic Warlords, Usual Suspects, Freaks of Nature, Disturbed Forces, The Hate Crew, TSCCC-

If you are stuck on going solo:

I would play a more self-sufficient class, such as Pit Fighter Champion, Warden Ranger or Archer.  This allows you to be overall more effective when adding in to fights solo.  A Templar mainly aids allies in group and thus going solo greatly reduced your impact.

That being said, a better vessel and gear will always greatly improve your impact and enjoyment of the game.  I would try a couple more classes on white vessels and wartribe gear to get by a feel for what class feels good for you, and then work towards better gear.  In general you will want to farm up gear and a new vessel regardless, but with some guidance and assistance from the community it won't be as daunting as it looks.  Even if you don't feel like joining a guild right away you should try to talk to some of the guilds on your faction and get some rapport so that you can get some assistance (can't be a one-man Craftsman regardless and will need to work with your faction).  Check out the CROWFALL community discord, too.

• 5 weeks later...

I was going to ask the same question. It’s been well over a year and a half from the last time I logged into the game. 

what type of class plays similar to that of a Arms or Fury Warrior in WoW? Also which races would best suit that class?

wasn't there like a undo window for each race and class when you had the selected? So you could see what they excelled at? Also seems like the wikis are missing a lot of that info, so any advice would be appreciated.

Edited by Armored

On 10/17/2019 at 12:50 AM, Armored said:

I was going to ask the same question. It’s been well over a year and a half from the last time I logged into the game. 

what type of class plays similar to that of a Arms or Fury Warrior in WoW? Also which races would best suit that class?

wasn't there like a undo window for each race and class when you had the selected? So you could see what they excelled at? Also seems like the wikis are missing a lot of that info, so any advice would be appreciated.

Pit fighter champions (centaur race generally regarded as best due to racial armor break debuff) fulfill a 2h-wielding, self-sustaining, tanky brawler type of role.  Medium dps, lots of staying power in fights due to self sustain but they won't solo someone that is receiving heals.

A Titan Myrmidon is not as tanky as a pit fighter but can dish serious damage and has powers that, when used carefully, can provide sustain/longevity in fights.  Half Giants are good Myrmidon races.  Minotaurs are also good.  Myrmidons are a dual wield class.  They also have a ranged root/pull similar to Death Knights in WOW.

An Alpha Warrior champion is a high dps, low sustain, medium tankiness, 2h-wielding class.