Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andius

How Do You Feel About All Archetypes Locked To A Single Race?

408 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You Feel About All Archetypes Locked to a Single Race?

Self explanatory. 1 race per archetype option. For instance:

Stalkers MUST be Elken.

Legionnaires MUST be Centaurs.

Assasins MUST be Fae.

Etc. for every archetype in the game.

Do you feel this will enhance or detract from your game experience? Figure now is a good time to post this with the high volumes of people sure to come by today.

Edit: Please don't read more into the poll than it says. The poll is only asking if you are negatively or positively effected by 100% or archetypes being locked to a single race. It's meant to determine if there is widespread public support or opposition for some archtypes being opened to more than a single race at any point. NOT all archetypes open to all races the day of game launch (or ever).

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

I think it's cutting corners.

I do see it from your point of view as well, but given they are trying to tell a story it's not at all a deal breaker, and so long as the story is good and well executed I could totally see this as a pro.

-Truthe Yashikawa

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild.  Welcome Home.

http://crowfall.shivtr.com/

I hate when a game forces me into a faction I don't like just to be able to play a certain class. In my opinion, players should choose factions based on their motivations, goals and lore, not for the classes they have available. 

I hate when a game forces me into a faction I don't like just to be able to play a certain class. In my opinion, players should choose factions based on their motivations, goals and lore, not for the classes they have available. 

But you're playing in their world, not yours.  We get to make it what we want when we are in there, the the basic codex of the word (myth, gods, etc) are there for us to follow.

I'm a huge fan of locked archetypes!

sbu_lom_crowfall.png

In Soviet Russia Crowfall, deer hunts YOU!

Playing in "their world" is not a reason to censor our opinions or not push to affect changes we view as positive, and I personally think having it so some (not even all) of the archetypes are available to multiple races would be a positive change.

Edited by Andius

There should be some locking.  As examples from past games, Gnome tanks shouldn't exist, (nor should elf tanks for that matter), Lurikeens shouldn't be Champs or Heros, Dwarves shouldn't be mages, etc.

very positive!

this is not WoW where u can have a dwarf shaman or gnome priest! like wtf

certain races have certain special archetypes

or u want to be an elvish archemage as an orc or smth?

Bbhm5iJ.jpg

I don't mind that they are race locked, but to be gen locked it does grind my gear.

I love assassin type classes, but I cannot play with female characters because I like to fell connect to my toon, and the right gen does the trick for me.

I do hope the add a male assassin, fay or not.

very positive!

this is not WoW where u can have a dwarf shaman or gnome priest! like wtf

certain races have certain special archetypes

or u want to be an elvish archemage as an orc or smth?

I love people who are so two dimentional they cannot imagine the existence of anything between the extremes. Either it's all one way or all the other.

You don't have to open up illogical race/archetype combos or even remove all archtypes locked to a single race. It's as the topic states. I don't want 100% of archtypes locked to a single race. There is plenty of room to compromise between the two extremes.

Edited by Andius

Having some race/class restrictions is perfectly fine, in fact I prefer it over having everyone be able to play as anything, but I can't say I'm a big fan of locking every class to a to one specific race each.

People seem to be incapable of seeing a middle ground. It's pretty normal to limit some combinations and not allow everything, a lot of games do it this way. I don't believe anyone has said yet that they want every combination available.

That aside, it would bother me if I am going to be stuck with a single race for each archetype. I can't imagine this would make any sense within lore, and I struggle to see how it could be realistically explained.