Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vaylesari

Meaningful Development

Just now, blazzen said:

I missed this detail - are you sure they said mounts will be in? As in, mount graphics or some of the skins from KS? 

Pretty sure I saw mounts, we have the mechanic, just not the graphics.  The artwork has to be in progress because the art department gets downsized during alpha and beta.

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

On 10/4/2019 at 11:32 AM, Frykka said:

5.110 has Guild support, the GvG dregs campaign module, multi-front win conditions, Frostweaver, Caravans, Mounts.  These are core...   Pets, Resource refining, and other details can be in post launch updates.  Balancing iterations will take time, but nothing like artwork or engineering.  We need a solution to the economy, vendors and the EK role in that. But lets remember KISS, the Core for launch needs to provide the fun and the conflict and the elements that provide it from the various player roles.

Not sure if these would be considered core, but seem important to me:

Advantages & Disadvantages

UI overhaul (especially Crafting)

Thralls

Mass crafting production

Campaign rewards

EK being more then glorified housing for a handful of people at a time

While plenty of games launched with "core" features and grew over time, they likely launched with a lot more in comparison to what Crowfall has or will have by launch from what they've announced.

Some believe the current version is launch ready, doubt the larger gamer pool agrees. 

On 10/4/2019 at 12:16 PM, Hyriol said:

We saw a 3d horse model being animated like two years ago, so they're probably a lot further along than we think.

Do you remember where this was shown? I don't recall seeing it.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, APE said:

Do you remember where this was shown? I don't recall seeing it.

It was in an old MarkeeDragon video, off in the background.  I'll edit in a link when I manage to find it.

Edit:  It's probably not the mount feature video you were thinking of, but it's modeled, textured, and moving.  Doggett's making his ears move over Todd's right shoulder.

Edited by Hyriol
linky

9 hours ago, Hyriol said:

It was in an old MarkeeDragon video, off in the background.  I'll edit in a link when I manage to find it.

Edit:  It's probably not the mount feature video you were thinking of, but it's modeled, textured, and moving.  Doggett's making his ears move over Todd's right shoulder.

Thank you, completely forgot about the lake as well.

Posted (edited)

If you don't think Crowfall has made any meaningful development, you haven't kept track of the game. Looking at my old videos shows how far the game has come in last eighteen months. Is it perfect? Hell no, but if ACE can be as productive for the next twelve months as they were for the previous twelve, Crowfall will be in a great spot. For reference my poorly made socks old video:

Edited by Zatch