• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Confessor is actually fun but the worst damage class in CF

R3kk5

Comparing 2 DPS Classes in CF

Archer  Range 65m

Confessor Range - 40m - 25m to Archer

Damage on a nearly similiar Mitigation / Stats - based on 10 sec (Damage Points)

Archer Auto Attack Damage First 1927, Second Normal Attack Damage 1897, Normal Attack Damage Third 1667, Crit Attack Damage Fourth 2983

Confessor  Auto Attack Damage First 877, Second Normal Attack Damage 932, Normal Attack Damage Third 1047, Crit Attack Damage Fourth 1815

Confessor  after 10 seconds stacking "Sin" with Absoloution reached 3k Damage same like the Archer Auto Attack after 2 sec charge.

Confessor Damage -1000~, 700~ Damage Points to Archer damage

Just tell me please if that's balance to DPS classes in CF i see some entry in the feedback section but that needs really fast to be change 

this is a video to show i had to experience the difference in open PVP

where i was knock down the large damage input comes from the archer

Edited by R3kk5

Confessors actually have higher sustained dps if you are just looking at that which is kind of a terrible way judge each class.

Both are exceptional damage dealers and the confessor actually brings more utility + AoE to the table. They are also extremely slippery so they can be pretty difficult to kill.

The archer bring  some hard hits from a huge distance away. Ranger rapid fire also only does one hit scan and will continue to damage the target while you damage them no matter where you aim. You can out range it or interrupt the ranger but those are the only two ways to stop it. Their damage is mostly limited to single target. If they are woodelf, they also are fairly slippery but generally are easier to kill than a confessor(From the viewpoint of a Confessor)

C4sIZDW.gif

did you mean that aoe dps ?

attack power 912,5 basic plus 50 AP at this situation

cristikstrike 50%

critical damage 198%

damage bonus 15,9% plus buff 10%-20%

fire penetration 20,28%

fire damage 24,67%

like Blue Accessoires + Epic weapon + craftet Blue-Armor

2019-09-21T19:43:34.124Z INFO    COMBAT    - Combat _||_ Event=[Your Fire Wall hit XXX for 33  damage.] 
2019-09-21T19:43:34.650Z INFO    COMBAT    - Combat _||_ Event=[Your Fire Wall hit XXX for 33  damage.] 
2019-09-21T19:43:35.522Z INFO    COMBAT    - Combat _||_ Event=[Your Fire Wall hit XXX for 33  damage.] 
2019-09-21T19:43:35.719Z INFO    COMBAT    - Combat _||_ Event=[Your Fire Wall hit XXX for 33  damage.] 
2019-09-21T19:43:36.256Z INFO    COMBAT    - Combat _||_ Event=[Your Fire Wall hit XXX for 33  damage.] 
2019-09-21T19:43:36.769Z INFO    COMBAT    - Combat _||_ Event=[Your Fire Wall hit XXX for 33  damage.] 

2019-09-21T19:38:48.431Z INFO    COMBAT    - Combat _||_ Event=[Fire Wave hit XXX for 388  damage.] 

2019-09-21T19:38:48.431Z INFO    COMBAT    - Combat _||_ Event=[Fire Wave hit XXX for 412  damage.] 

2019-09-21T19:38:48.431Z INFO    COMBAT    - Combat _||_ Event=[Your Fire Wall hit XXX for 124  damage (Critical).] 

2019-09-21T19:38:48.431Z INFO    COMBAT    - Combat _||_ Event=[Your Fire Wall hit XXX for 124  damage (Critical).] 

i feel like the randomizer of the base damage is way way way to heavy 

tell me please where the impact is they just laugh even i hit 5 entities or how can i improve it i mean the small CC with wave and tornadoes pretty nice but actually easy to deny 

or i actually completly miss unterstand a DD spec

and yes tanks there to be tankie but should'nt be able to tank like 10 confessors  with dd spec in a row like for an hour. 

Edited by R3kk5

Feel free to take a look at my channel on youtube if you want to see some confessor play. Most if it is fairly recent.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Phylor

To comment on your video above, despite it being a terrible resolution, you can tell that you don't really seem to know what you're doing. You're sitting out in the open without any cover near by letting yourself be hit by the fort guards and an Archer Ranger while staying in survival tray for some dumb reason. I'm not exactly sure what you thought was going to happen there but I'm sure you know what the result is even if you don't seem to understand why you ended at that result.

Your ult isn't used in either clip. I'm not sure if you had already used it or if you went in without it being charged at all. If it is the latter, that is just poor planning and poor play.

Your disc choices are pretty suspect and don't really complement the class well with the exception of weapon finesse and elementalist.

Also your excerpt from the combat log above, I'm not even sure what you are hitting the smaller hits I'm fairly certain on the severe burn component of the fire wall. Fire Wave is the second portion of the combo from Hellfire Blast and it isn't even the portion that actually matters or even does the most damage from that combo.

I actually almost regret spending this much time on this but it hurts my brain to see someone claim something that is just blatantly wrong and try to post "data" to back it up when that data is garbage.

C4sIZDW.gif

2 hours ago, Phylor.the.Jester said:

Feel free to take a look at my channel on youtube if you want to see some confessor play. Most if it is fairly recent.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Phylor

To comment on your video above, despite it being a terrible resolution, you can tell that you don't really seem to know what you're doing. You're sitting out in the open without any cover near by letting yourself be hit by the fort guards and an Archer Ranger while staying in survival tray for some dumb reason. I'm not exactly sure what you thought was going to happen there but I'm sure you know what the result is even if you don't seem to understand why you ended at that result.

Your ult isn't used in either clip. I'm not sure if you had already used it or if you went in without it being charged at all. If it is the latter, that is just poor planning and poor play.

Your disc choices are pretty suspect and don't really complement the class well with the exception of weapon finesse and elementalist.

Also your excerpt from the combat log above, I'm not even sure what you are hitting the smaller hits I'm fairly certain on the severe burn component of the fire wall. Fire Wave is the second portion of the combo from Hellfire Blast and it isn't even the portion that actually matters or even does the most damage from that combo.

I actually almost regret spending this much time on this but it hurts my brain to see someone claim something that is just blatantly wrong and try to post "data" to back it up when that data is garbage.

okay mate check this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eLqz2FnpEI 

and check this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CahiMqoKPwk

okay if your not sure about what im hitting im hitten the DICE of CF this data shows that the roll btw the base dmg way way way to heavy is.

the Archer does the DP constantly for what ever

thats the reason i said Confessor worst DPS because you run aa DD spec where you doing alot of dmg but your not able to do because you role with this DICE system way way to low damage everytime and the range is awfull big like for example if you hit with the same Spell/AA is the range posible to do blank damage btw 250-1200 at the top of my topic i used already the max values by rolled

am playing at 1700 in GW 2 and i'm definitely not a noob to PVP being 6 years at it i analyse atm how it works and what i see by the values that garbage because such a dice system is anoying in GW2 is it in PVE but not anymore in PVP 

One of the main differences between Archer and Confessor, is that confessor can also work in close quarters, where the Archer is really terrible in forexample fort fights.

So what they lack in viability in close quarters, they gain in strength in long ranged combat

pJ5xyok.png
My Twitch - My Youtube - Apply to Vanguard HERE!

theres actually not a bad dps focused ranged subclass, archer, inquis, and stormcaller are all very good at damage, seems like a gear and L2P issue, just take note of what WHoA players do in each class and copy it

hoayaga2.jpg

18 hours ago, R3kk5 said:

like Blue Accessoires + Epic weapon + craftet Blue-Armor

this also means nothing, i could craft a legendary weapon on my blacksmith with maxed passive training but if my guilds crafter crafted a blue weapon itd be miles above mine, we'd need pics of your gear or else we can only assume youre running in white tier colored gear

hoayaga2.jpg

1 minute ago, Staff said:

this also means nothing, i could craft a legendary weapon on my blacksmith with maxed passive training but if my guilds crafter crafted a blue weapon itd be miles above mine, we'd need pics of your gear or else we can only assume youre running in white tier colored gear

im on it give me 5 min to post the gear

4 hours ago, R3kk5 said:

you are fighting top eu community.

this mean they have maxed out at the current stage gear, maxed out at the current stage skill tree (defence, resists)

you can search this forum on how penetration and armor/armor bonus works.

I see on the video avg400+ stable range hits (300-700 normal and 700-1к crits via LMB). also over 1500 hits via other single sources. all of em are have no load time except animation.

this is decent dps versus high end gear and skill tree players.

I know current CF hit mechanic (its terrible) but to be honest your target reticle outside enemy most of the time. this is not enough for twitch vision fast dps inside one target.

pure ranger is more squishy than confessor, less usefull in scale pvp and have less survivability. correct me if I wrong.

ps. confessor is most balanced class atm. do not touch it.

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: rangefall

Discord makkon#8550

btw i want to post the difference from this randomizer CF 0 - infinitie feels like and GW2 0 - 100 if you increase the might its still the base damage higher but the randomizer stay if you hit a crit is it a chance that you can execute them so you dont need a finisher in game but still balanced in fight overall in large scale WVW in gw2 its pretty the same.

The Tanks at CF have many Mitigations of the base stats so you cant hit them even more then 1k damage for my situation right now because randomizer + that mitigations are gabrage sometimes you hit 1k because you go the highest roll but the next you roll very very low and hit for 100 - 300 10 attacks there is no pressure posibilties to take tanks out they should be have many sustain but healers combine with tanks are imposible to kill if youre good players 

at this video there is a illustrate of my frustration at this point https://youtu.be/2q9CtfDcwl4

my frustration grows not being bad plays L2P issue what ever because i can really good play if i want i do often/always win/draw 2 vs 1 situationin Platinium rank at GW2 im just learning CF at all now.

maybe its the wrong title name it should be DPS Classes in CF is the Worst thing 

Edited by R3kk5

34 minutes ago, R3kk5 said:

btw i want to post the difference from this randomizer CF 0 - infinitie feels like and GW2 0 - 100 if you increase the might its still the base damage higher but the randomizer stay if you hit a crit is it a chance that you can execute them so you dont need a finisher in game but still balanced in fight overall in large scale WVW in gw2 its pretty the same.

The Tanks at CF have many Mitigations of the base stats so you cant hit them even more then 1k damage for my situation right now because randomizer + that mitigations are gabrage sometimes you hit 1k because you go the highest roll but the next you roll very very low and hit for 100 - 300 10 attacks there is no pressure posibilties to take tanks out they should be have many sustain but healers combine with tanks are imposible to kill if youre good players 

at this video there is a illustrate of my frustration at this point https://youtu.be/2q9CtfDcwl4

my frustration grows not being bad plays L2P issue what ever because i can really good play if i want i do often/always win/draw 2 vs 1 situationin Platinium rank at GW2 im just learning CF at all now.

maybe its the wrong title name it should be DPS Classes in CF is the Worst thing 

at this point if you got the man power just go 2 tanks 2 plaguelords 1 healer on basicly every group 3 groups and goodplayer you destry everything because the effort of any dp classes got denied no presure etc. a tank gonna laugh on me you can go as 3 DD a tank will be able tank this easy with an healer or the champion would be able this solo the CC on the conffesor is nice so any Damage class is nice to have but not neccasary welcome to the tank meta 

to archer is the only class atm that reached what a DPS Class should do maybe in a smaller scale like you guys said archer is not able to go close combat some weakness should be there for DPS Classes but with the right position etc he is able to do dmg and get the pressure on someone like a real dps class but if you reach them its a easy kill atm so that is a dps balance but i feel the scale of it isnt the right one on archer

Edited by R3kk5

there should be some "negative emojis" besides the like, haha etc...on the forums. Now i guess i have to add some fuel to the fire, which i was trying to avoid.
First off: I was having a long conversation with Rekks myself, and we were discussion about the topic. And i have to say, that we are not exactly on the same page regarding the randomizer he is complaining about. In my opinion CF is not 100% randomized and as that bad as he is extrapolating here. Clearly it needs more balancing though. So just letting you know, that I am myself not convinced and not agreeing here with Rekks arguments. But we were still having a good discussion!

Here on the other hand:

@Phylor.the.Jester at least you are having somewhat of arguments and are starting with a correct "discussion" here by contributing usefull input. I´m going to quote you here: "For some dumb reason" you are starting to judge, based on a 16s video the skill lvl and thought process of a person. Kinda sad.. So i don´t know if "you seem to understand" that a 16s video is as much information to judge about someone, as the given information on the initial post to judge about a complex pvp system? So next time, please try to refrain of false accusions, since: if you would have done some research you´d see, that Rekks is actually an exceptional player who is simply a little new to the game. His learning curve is incredible and a lot of other players could copy him to improve (sidenote: copying someone is very rarely a good decision to get better...)...which takes me to Staff
@Staff telling someone to copy someone else, to improve is as i said not a good idea. No matter who they are (btw. who is WHoA?). Be sure, that we have some very decent crafter and pvp player within our ranks (ask around the eu guilds if you want some objective feedback). So no worries about the gear and L2P part, but thanks for your thoughts there.

regarding the actual topic: Yes of course there is a difference between confessor and archer. And yes it is intentional. Also yes: it is not balanced perfectly yet. The given information/date is by far not enough for a decent comparison. Luckily there are more factors to consider, when it comes to: how useful/strong a class is compared to another (just pinting out utility as an example). Also luckily probability of crits, hits, dmg calculations etc. is getting better and stabilized as you reach bigger numbers/examples. So even if you´re having "bad luck" once because of randomizers, it won´t be a constant problem. So in my opinion each class is able to fulfill a certain role to a certain level. Which means, every class shines in a different situation. So please try to explain or take out certain situations, when comparing classes. Otherwise you will always find a way to say: thats randomized and totally unfair! In my opinion the randomizer Rekks is talking about, is taking quite a big impact right now, but not enough to be extremely frustrating. Also there is some hope for further balancing incoming to the game. Regarding the last video, I hope ACE sees it and takes it into consideration.

Hah, I've just now realized you're looking at your low damage on templars. You might want to go look at how templar mechanics work.

In addition you seem to be really upset with the damage variation because I don't think you actually understand how the fireball combo works. The third fireball, by design, hits much much harder than the first 2. It can be a bad thing to cut that combo short because that last one is big. Absolution also varies a bit due sin stacks which is important to note what I mentioned on Templars above. Outside of that, differing defensive cooldowns  are debuffs are going to lead to weird spikes and changes in damage dealt.

C4sIZDW.gif

2 minutes ago, Rhuddlan said:

@Phylor.the.Jester at least you are having somewhat of arguments and are starting with a correct "discussion" here by contributing usefull input. I´m going to quote you here: "For some dumb reason" you are starting to judge, based on a 16s video the skill lvl and thought process of a person. Kinda sad.. So i don´t know if "you seem to understand" that a 16s video is as much information to judge about someone, as the given information on the initial post to judge about a complex pvp system? So next time, please try to refrain of false accusions, since: if you would have done some research you´d see, that Rekks is actually an exceptional player who is simply a little new to the game. His learning curve is incredible and a lot of other players could copy him to improve (sidenote: copying someone is very rarely a good decision to get better...)...which takes me to Staffthe last video, I hope ACE sees it and takes it into consideration.

I have a really big problem with people that intentionally try to mislead people with garbage data and misleading information. Maybe it wasn't intentional but at best it was ignorant.

Beyond that, someone who is a "exceptional player" can also make dumb decisions. One of them for Rekks was to post a video that gave absolutely no information/didn't show anything related to what he was complaining about and showed him playing poorly. Maybe he isn't bad. I only have what was put in front of me and what was put in front of me was found wanting.

C4sIZDW.gif

16 minutes ago, Phylor.the.Jester said:

Hah, I've just now realized you're looking at your low damage on templars. You might want to go look at how templar mechanics work.

In addition you seem to be really upset with the damage variation because I don't think you actually understand how the fireball combo works. The third fireball, by design, hits much much harder than the first 2. It can be a bad thing to cut that combo short because that last one is big. Absolution also varies a bit due sin stacks which is important to note what I mentioned on Templars above. Outside of that, differing defensive cooldowns  are debuffs are going to lead to weird spikes and changes in damage dealt.

@Phylor.the.Jester ofc i know how it works the first thing was i read every skill on the confessor and how i can combine it with some other skills to get a powerfull synergy.

and yes the first AA isnt that much but still the third shot can be the range of 500 - 1800 atm and mostly it gonna hit 400- 1200 but aswell 10 third attacks hit with 400 for example there is no pressure because that damage is easy to heal or shielded so and then you get a hit with 1300 damage nice pressure but in 1 sec overhealed and then you hit again only with 400 - 800 

because the mitigations reduced the base dmg you do and affectet serously to hard the result of your roll basicly im not a real fan of this hard roll mechanic because you lost any pressure on a tank the tank can easly stay there who he wants

Edited by R3kk5

11 minutes ago, R3kk5 said:

@Phylor.the.Jester ofc i know how it works the first thing was i read every skill on the confessor and how i can combine it with some other skills to get a powerfull synergy.

and yes the first AA isnt that much but still the third shot can be the range of 500 - 1800 atm and mostly it gonna hit 400- 1200 but aswell 10 third attacks hit with 400 for example there is no pressure because that damage is easy to heal or shielded so and then you get a hit with 1300 damage nice pressure but in 1 sec overhealed and then you hit again only with 400 - 800 

The thing is, when fighting templars, you basically have to know you're not going to hit hard. They have some natural counters to the confessor. The confessors strength is also not to just throw fireballs into a melee ball.

I went through a couple of your videos and while your play in terms of staying alive is not bad, you spend a lot of time throwing fireballs at targets that are less than optimal. It is naturally going to happen at times as there isn't always an ideal situation.

The second video, it looks like you are fighting a black guard and they have a ton of anti crit so you're not getting any crits but you get a pretty solid absolve at the end.

The thing to always remember is that all a ranger really does is deal single target damage from a long distance. They have a couple of good utility/CC abilities but the confessor reigns supreme in this area. Their physics took a pretty hard nerf but it is still notable and valuable. You just have to plan/position better to take advantage of it. Others have put it well in the thread pointing out that Archers in melee have a really bad time. They also have a really bad time if a confessor gets on them. They are going to either die or be forced so far out of the fight that they are effectively removed for a decent chunk of time.

Edit - If you want to talk more Confessor at some point, shoot me a PM or you can find me on Discord. I tend to try to avoid long discussions on the boards just because a lot of it can end up where you're talking past each other.

Edited by Phylor.the.Jester

C4sIZDW.gif

18 minutes ago, Rhuddlan said:

@Staff telling someone to copy someone else, to improve is as i said not a good idea. No matter who they are (btw. who is WHoA?). Be sure, that we have some very decent crafter and pvp player within our ranks (ask around the eu guilds if you want some objective feedback). So no worries about the gear and L2P part, but thanks for your thoughts there.

WHoA is currently undefeated in the trials of the gods on NA and has previously come to eu to take over your campaign since na was too easy at the time, i say copy us because our alliance is currently the greatest on all servers and our players are the most experienced in their classes, you may feign ignorance but the forum tears that were split over a small group crossing servers was glorious, so big worries about that gear and L2P part, thanks for your thoughts there come to na to play

hoayaga2.jpg

• Pann locked this topic