Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Confessor is actually fun but the worst damage class in CF

R3kk5

19 minutes ago, Phylor.the.Jester said:

Cool, so you're making baseless false claims that you can't back up. Just wanted to make sure that is where we ended at on this and that there wasn't anything real behind it.

Good luck to you Rekks and hopefully you figure your stuff out some day.

i can back up but its against the conduct for posting Names or Discord conversations and i think you will be frustrated aswell if you want know something and get only the feedback like you playing bad you waste your spells thats the reason you do less damage of course its a reason but i dunno a single thing of that and proove it again in my video is that truth but it was just sense less answers it was just a visual bug where i get confuse

more feel about yes wont get luck there if the community toxic like that in the early stages of this game charge by some guilds 

feel like quit this game because CSGO or League of Legends got already that level of "Toxic" that i quit aswell of this reason

Edited by R3kk5

Just now, R3kk5 said:

i can back up but its against the conduct for posting Names or Discord conversations

Again, if you have evidence of Winterblades members harassing you in any way outside of this thread, send it in PM or whatever if not on here and I will address it. If it is Staff, that is outside of my jurisdiction as he is in HoA.

Until that point, your claim is baseless. Which is where we'll leave this unless you actually do have something which I'm extremely doubtful of at this point.

C4sIZDW.gif

14 hours ago, Phylor.the.Jester said:

Feel free to take a look at my channel on youtube if you want to see some confessor play. Most if it is fairly recent.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Phylor

To comment on your video above, despite it being a terrible resolution, you can tell that you don't really seem to know what you're doing. You're sitting out in the open without any cover near by letting yourself be hit by the fort guards and an Archer Ranger while staying in survival tray for some dumb reason. I'm not exactly sure what you thought was going to happen there but I'm sure you know what the result is even if you don't seem to understand why you ended at that result.

Your ult isn't used in either clip. I'm not sure if you had already used it or if you went in without it being charged at all. If it is the latter, that is just poor planning and poor play.

Your disc choices are pretty suspect and don't really complement the class well with the exception of weapon finesse and elementalist.

Also your excerpt from the combat log above, I'm not even sure what you are hitting the smaller hits I'm fairly certain on the severe burn component of the fire wall. Fire Wave is the second portion of the combo from Hellfire Blast and it isn't even the portion that actually matters or even does the most damage from that combo.

I actually almost regret spending this much time on this but it hurts my brain to see someone claim something that is just blatantly wrong and try to post "data" to back it up when that data is garbage.

i think dont need just say anything at all because i forgot you doing the same thing sorry i remember it to late

btw i was dying with intention to record that and analyse it that i miss move well i know but actually the damage was insane

just a second reflect of that in the forum i think it doesnt need more proove 

btw "Your disc choices are pretty suspect and don't really complement the class well with the exception of weapon finesse and elementalist."

i got the same discs as you posted to me in discord just one was different because i use the disc actually becuase im not at the cap of crit damage so i used careless whisper just a passiv that you carry the barrier thingy  what the dmg not affected more sustain yes

Edited by R3kk5

12 minutes ago, R3kk5 said:

more feel about yes wont get luck there if the community toxic like that in the early stages of this game charge by some guilds 

feel like quit this game because CSGO or League of Legends got already that level of "Toxic" that i quit aswell of this reason

There are rules for the forums and in-game, if you believe people are breaking them, report them. Very easy. No need to engage or attempt to have conversations. Almost every gaming community has toxic members, but considering Crowfall's population is a couple hundred, it isn't too hard to figure out who is doing what. However, very few people comment here so if you are looking for other views, good luck. You get what you get. I'd personally take advice from people that have shown they can perform well as an individual and as a team, going by years of examples during testing.

Beyond that, you have to realize this is not a "game." We are in "pre-alpha" and while the devs do attempt to fix or balance things here and there, that is not a priority. Rangers for example have gone from too powerful to useless to powerful to useless, repeat. One change can fix/break several other things. Classes, promos, powers, etc are in no way balanced currently. Clearly some builds are much more useful currently (meta).

ACE has focused on Stats being all powerful where it doesn't matter how good a PVPer you might be in another game, if you simply don't have the stats and or use them fully, the results will be less then optimal. Along with needing the proper good builds for group play and other factors. GW2 isn't perfect but has years to polish and adjust things. Can't think of one thing Crowfall does better or as well when it comes to combat, class design, build options, etc. Crowfall is more about crafting and grinding then quality PVP IMO.

Trying to take pre-alpha seriously and break down all the data seems rather pointless currently. Sounds like the next big update (Dregs hopefully) is months away. In the meantime ACE seems to have gone quiet and I highly doubt we'll see major changes to classes/balance. Post and send them the data you obtain and cross your fingers. Until then, the same folks that have been winning and performing well will continue to do so. New players will struggle for obvious or less then obvious reasons.

2 minutes ago, APE said:

There are rules for the forums and in-game, if you believe people are breaking them, report them. Very easy. No need to engage or attempt to have conversations. Almost every gaming community has toxic members, but considering Crowfall's population is a couple hundred, it isn't too hard to figure out who is doing what. However, very few people comment here so if you are looking for other views, good luck. You get what you get. I'd personally take advice from people that have shown they can perform well as an individual and as a team, going by years of examples during testing.

Beyond that, you have to realize this is not a "game." We are in "pre-alpha" and while the devs do attempt to fix or balance things here and there, that is not a priority. Rangers for example have gone from too powerful to useless to powerful to useless, repeat. One change can fix/break several other things. Classes, promos, powers, etc are in no way balanced currently. Clearly some builds are much more useful currently (meta).

ACE has focused on Stats being all powerful where it doesn't matter how good a PVPer you might be in another game, if you simply don't have the stats and or use them fully, the results will be less then optimal. Along with needing the proper good builds for group play and other factors. GW2 isn't perfect but has years to polish and adjust things. Can't think of one thing Crowfall does better or as well when it comes to combat, class design, build options, etc. Crowfall is more about crafting and grinding then quality PVP IMO.

Trying to take pre-alpha seriously and break down all the data seems rather pointless currently. Sounds like the next big update (Dregs hopefully) is months away. In the meantime ACE seems to have gone quiet and I highly doubt we'll see major changes to classes/balance. Post and send them the data you obtain and cross your fingers. Until then, the same folks that have been winning and performing well will continue to do so. New players will struggle for obvious or less then obvious reasons.

yes i agree with all of these sentences

yeah i learned that you cant carry othe behavoirs next time i will report them so basicly this topic is closed for me hope ACE will take action :( 

4 minutes ago, R3kk5 said:

i think dont need just say anything at all because i forgot you doing the same thing sorry i remember it to late

btw i was dying with intention to record that and analyse it that i miss move well i know but actually the damage was insane

just a second reflect of that in the forum i think it doesnt need more proove 

I'll give you that the last line was a step over the line and for that I apologize.

The rest is 100% based off of your claim that confessors are the "worst damage class in CF" which you had backed with a bunch of numbers and a short video clip that meant almost nothing related to that issue. The last thing we need on here is misinforming people with a wild claim and then backing it up with data that does not relate/show what was claimed above. This is a huge issue in the world at large right now and I definitely want to mitigate that in a class and game that is important to me. 

I'd urge you and really anyone that if you have concerns about the balance on a class, consider your claim and whether the data/evidence you bring in actually represent what you are trying to say. Some of this may have been language but it definitely was not all of it.

If anyone has any questions about Confessors and their viability, concerns, and/or other questions, feel free to shoot me a PM. I've played all 3 specs relatively recently(Sanctifier was earlier in 5.8 but is unchanged since their last nerf).

@R3kk5So again, if you have anything outside of this thread as you are making baseless claims of some sort of abuse toward you by a member of Winterblades outside of this thread, you can shoot any Winterblades leadership a PM and it will be addressed because as I stated above, it is not acceptable.

C4sIZDW.gif

• Pann locked this topic