Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

ACE Q&A for September - Official discussion thread

Join us Thursday, September 26, at 10:30 am CDT for the ACE Q&A for September live stream.

FULL STORY

* UPDATE: Please note the new start time. Traditionally, our streams have started at 11 am CDT, but we need to start a little earlier for this one.

Edited by Pann
Added new start time

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

47 minutes ago, Bzra said:

Hey the "Tweet" button when you try to share a news post from the website directs to @crowfall instead of @crowfallgame. I didn't realize and had to delete my tweet. 

Thanks for the heads up. I'll tell the web wizards. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

@Medicaid @PaleOne

don't hold your breath for ACE to upload to youtube, still waiting on the last one...

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

So I guess this topic is where we discuss the skill wipe idea.

Three things that matter:

1. There will be a skills wipe with 5.110 in February

2. With no new content until February, a skills wipe (with an accompanying much faster skill training curve, like 10x or 20x) is pretty much the only thing that'll bring players back to 5.100

3. But there's nothing new until February now, so the players who've been sitting out waiting are likely to still sit and wait. 

Skill wipe or no skill wipe, Sugoi members aren't going to give Crowfall another look until 5.110.    IF you do wipe now, advertise it broadly so you have the best chance of players returning for the level playing field.

But realistically, by saying 5.110 in February and no further 5.100 content, you've effectively killed off the game until then.  It's going to be a howling wasteland.

If they wipe now, they will completely kill my desire to play. I'm working on creating an uber blacksmith and I can't do that without max skills. I'm close to being able to craft the vessel and I've put a lot of time and effort into it. If they wipe items along with skills, I may not play at all until 5.110. I've been through every wipe this game has had and each one is tougher than the last. If you don't have to wipe, don't. Wait until 5.110.

@jtoddcoleman @thomasblair

re: wiping during the current build

If you are going to do a wipe in the interim before 5.110, I would suggest doing a months-long Trial to go with it. Give people some lead time to prepare for it. Clean slate wipe with a long duration Trial might be interesting enough to entice some people to play while we wait for the next big release.

And if you wipe skills, I think you have to wipe vessels and items. It would almost entirely defeat the purpose of leveling the playing field if vets keep their epic vessels and legendary gear.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

@thomasblair mentioned a place for feedback specifically for the 5.11. And I just wanted to mention the racial stealth speed of fae is flat out unbalanced. Theres almost no reason to play a stealth class as any other race. Rather than nerf it, I'd like to see it expanded onto a major dicipline, and ensure it doesn't stack with the fae racial.

7 hours ago, linc said:

@thomasblair mentioned a place for feedback specifically for the 5.11. And I just wanted to mention the racial stealth speed of fae is flat out unbalanced. Theres almost no reason to play a stealth class as any other race. Rather than nerf it, I'd like to see it expanded onto a major dicipline, and ensure it doesn't stack with the fae racial.

It’s ok @linc - I won’t kill them all before you catch up 😜

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995