• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Poll: Passive skill tree wipe

Passive skill tree: Wipe or no wipe?  

162 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should there be a wipe of the passive skill trees in October?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/04/2019 at 12:39 AM

Because we know that a full wipe will be in 5.110, then a partial wipe now would only widen the perceived problem (of there being haves and have nots). There not being an option for a full wipe currently, I vote no wipe at all until 5.110. 

7 minutes ago, mandalore said:

When the Dominate guild who’s won every campaign, overwhelmingly tells you that the proposed wipe will only make it easy for them to continue their undefeated devastation of the competition you should take heed.  

It would seem they heard everyone and gave a pretty clear response that the poll will remain 'as is', perhaps until 5.11, and those of us having an undeniable logic of why this doesn't at all address the stated reasoning for such a skill-wipe... obviously we just simply vote 'NO'

1 minute ago, Silkhe said:

It would seem they heard everyone and gave a pretty clear response that the poll will remain 'as is', perhaps until 5.11, and those of us having an undeniable logic of why this doesn't at all address the stated reasoning for such a skill-wipe... obviously we just simply vote 'NO'

I 100% agree but it’s also worth noting that as the undefeated dictators of the Gods trials WHoA is against anything that gives them more of an advantage  and especially one that is unattainable by new players. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Yea, It is widely known that the Winterblades guild seem to have the current iterations of Crowfall down to an acute science, and their use of any and all assets within the Balance faction are quite impressive, for sure!  But lets not sway too far off topic  😊

i feel like there are people waiting for dregs.

if you wipe passives now you will only be starting this cycle over again when they come back months (or however long)...later.

i also agree with most of the comments, if u wipe passives and not the vessels and gear they currently have that isnt going to b possible to re-create for some time its going to end poorly

so if the only choices are ONLY passive wipe now, or no passive wipe at all, id have to vote for no wipe.

i am all for a complete wipe along with dregs.

It doesn't make any sense to do a skill wipe before the full wipe at 5.110 now ... IF you don't provide free skill points after the wipe for everybody.

The current complaints are that some testers are not able to do as much as those who have had time to skill before.

If there is a wipe without free skill points, the result will be everybody not being able to do anything.

So it would be worse than before.

The peoples request was about some kind of  catch-up opportunity for new players right now. Bombing everybody into nothingness is no catch-up, but a skillocide.

Since the question has been brought up in public, the larger guilds will now produce items they may not be able to craft anymore, just in case. And in that case nobody would be able to compete with them anymore, at all. Especially not new crows. So it would have the complete opposite effect.

So under the current circumstances: A definite NO for any skill wipe before the full wipe at 5.110.

Please take note of what all of your veteran crows/owls are saying.  This is bad for your community.

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

15 minutes ago, makkon said:

do full wipe before alpha (6.0)

until this any wipes is useless and unneeded thing

I suppose that with this release we’ll officially call it Alpha internally, but I’d rather not make a big deal of that externally because I don’t think anyone really cares what we call it.

@makkon seems alpha will be when dregs launches, (5.110)   

During the live stream earlier today, they said something about needing to do an item wipe with the release of dregs, so this brought the attention to passive trees

that's a quote from jtodd's article u can find here...

https://www.tentonhammer.com/articles/crowfall-interview-war-of-the-gods-marks-a-major-milestone

I don’t see how a passive skill wipe now would benefit the development of the game. Most likely it would cause your testing population to take another major dip as they decide to just wait for 5.11 full wipe. 

Also agree the training speed knob should be more accessible to the devs. 

I feel that wiping only skills would not have enough benefit to outweigh the negatives. While it would help balance out harvesting and crafting for new players, I fear to many active older player that keep the game world alive would be upset to have a skill wipe with nothing being added. New players need an active world more then the small gain in parity this would accomplish.

If there's a development reason to wipe, wipe away.

If there's something, anything, Ace wants to test and gather data on, wipe away.

If you're considering wiping passives because of a poll result, then the entire passive system needs to be questioned. A skill imbalance between vets & noobs will be status quo once the game goes live. Absent a more specific test, this is what we *need* to be testing. Either the game is fun for new players mixed with vets, or it is not.

Either way, if you wipe passives then everything needs a hard reset. If not, then master crafted epic/legendary vessels & gear, and stores of high end mats will strictly be in the domain of vet players that can stockpile them now. After a wipe, it'll be 3 months before anyone can reproduce what they have.

Edit: after a wipe, harvesting high end resource nodes will be all but impossible until enough time has passed for someone to rank up runecrafting to a point where they can produce passable tools to distribute to the guild/faction. The range of resources available in the next campaign(s) will need to reflect that.

Edited by VaMei

As others have said it'd have to be a full wipe. The problem with full wiping right now is that many people would just stop playing and not want to do the initial crafting/harvesting/gearing grind knowing another wipe is coming very shortly.

The only solution I see is to make the training x1000 speed which effectively lets everyone max all their skills very quickly. If this is not doable then just don't worry about it.

I voted "no" in the poll. 

Edited by ZYBAK

5 hours ago, Pann said:

Note that this would be passive skills only. The wipe would not include characters, Eternal Kingdoms or banks. 

Voted no cause it doesn't include characters and items in the wipe. 

Need to wipe passive training, vessels and banks if you're going to do it. Just wiping training leaves a bunch of items/vessels in the game and doesn't level the playing field. 

EDIT: For the record, I'm all for a full wipe, because I feel the early game needs more testing. I also don't think it's going to be too quick to do back to back wipes. We aren't even in October yet. The update is slated for Jan or Feb. That's 4-5 months of testing and that's if ACE manages to get it finished on time. We all know how game development schedules go. 

Edited by blazzen

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

36 minutes ago, ZYBAK said:

and not want to do the initial crafting/harvesting/gearing grind knowing another wipe is coming very shortly.

There would be no crafting/harvesting grind after a full wipe. Everyone would just wear war tribe gear as it would be the best thing available until training got further along. 

This is the sort of stuff that needs testing and why I think it would be a good idea to do a full wipe. We haven't had a full wipe or fresh start to test the early game since war tribe loot was introduced. This was a huge change to the NPE yet we haven't fully tested it. 

There's also been little testing on the inverted experimentation difficulty vs. resource quality curve. At a glance it's pretty obvious to many crafters that early game crafting is going to suffer mightly vs. war tribe gear. I'm a firm believer that experimentation difficulty does not need to increase and should remain constant despite resource quality. The boost you get from using better resources is enough in itself to differentiate quality. Skill training of the crafter will dictate the amount of risk they can reasonably take when experimenting. We don't need this experimentation difficulty vs. quality curve at all. 

Edited by blazzen

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

11 minutes ago, blazzen said:

There would be no crafting/harvesting grind after a full wipe. Everyone would just wear war tribe gear as it would be the best thing available until training got further along. 

This is the sort of stuff that needs testing and why I think it would be a good idea to do a full wipe.

This situation will happen in the live game exactly once, at soft launch, and then never again barring significant design changes.

Because it's not a repeating scenario, I don't see testing the 'everyone's a noob' scenario as being nearly as important as the blending of vets with new players.

14 minutes ago, KatzeWeiss said:

Wiping in general doesn't level the playing field. It just creates more of a separation between the organized groups and everyone else.

Truth

wiDfyPp.png

Let me preface this by saying, I haven't been passive training all that long, and I don't have that much to lose. Now...

A wipe would be incredibly shortsighted, as has been previously mentioned, it doesn't actually level the playing field as larger organized groups and more experienced players are still going to race ahead. Couple this with the fact that eventually you are going to have to stop doing wipes, so if the system doesn't work without wipes... either rework the system or get rid of it. Fixing systems that simply do not work in practice is part of "developing the game" so don't try to excuse it as misappropriation of resources. You know it won't be healthy for the final product. Do something about it. 

This is a system that is built to provide players who have just been in the game longer an inherit advantage... which supposedly is against the anti-uncle-bob design philosophy, so why are you doing it? Make it something active, make it something that you can catch up on and doesn't take months or even years to fill out.