• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Poll: Passive skill tree wipe

Passive skill tree: Wipe or no wipe?  

162 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should there be a wipe of the passive skill trees in October?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/04/2019 at 12:39 AM

3 hours ago, Medicaid said:

I suppose that with this release we’ll officially call it Alpha internally, but I’d rather not make a big deal of that externally because I don’t think anyone really cares what we call it.

@makkon seems alpha will be when dregs launches, (5.110)   

During the live stream earlier today, they said something about needing to do an item wipe with the release of dregs, so this brought the attention to passive trees

Seems that 5.110 is in October, and Dregs, alpha is likely February 2020. 

I voted no for the same reason as many others (full wipe or no), but let me just say: I like the pace of training at 3x. At the high end, it's practically one pip per day and that feels nice. 1x training felt like a slog when it was up for a short while on a previous TEST build.

JOIN MY 3x TRAINING LOBBY SO THAT 3x GETS SET AS THE BASELINE

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

I voted "no", and I am in agreement with what most of what the others who voted the same have said. I think a passive wipe would hurt more than help at this point. I think the skill system and or skill tree needs to be reworked at some point, but I understand that it is not a priority at the moment. Full wipe will happen soon anyway, so there's no good reason I can think of to mess with people's progression right now. 

Also,

All the comments seem to be from people who don't want a wipe or only want wipe if it is a full wipe.

I'd be curious to hear from some of the people who are voting 'yes' for a skills-only wipe why they think that would be a good thing.

I would like to hear from some "yes" voters too.

While I voted “no” in this poll...I fully support a complete skill/vessel/equipment wipe and I do not believe a wipe now and another wipe in Jan/Feb would be too much of a hardship. Given the fact that we will not be seeing any updates to the LIVE server over the next 4 months, a complete wipe now would give the LIVE server the best chance for prolonged playability IMHO while we wait for 5.110. 

Full wipe or no wipe.

No wipe scenario:

- current player base will keep playing for 2-3 month then they will stop waiting for dregs

- New players - will not stick around for mentioned reasons and not much 'hooking will happen'

Full wipe scenario:

- current player base will take a hit - but they will be back - they are hooked already

- new players - much better fighting chance - more will stick around for longer - more will get hooked.

I would go for a Full wipe as I find it healthier for the game population progression in the long run!

One more thing: If you do go for that wipe:

Make sure you use it as a marketing tool! Complete wipe to give everyone a fresh perspective before Alpha phase!

Edited by KDSProm

Gen. Prom
Guild Leader of KDS
Recruitment Post - Guild Recruiting and Management - #warstory
Visit us at www.kdsguild.ro

14 hours ago, Pann said:

Hearing you loud and clear that you don't like the poll. I talked with Todd and QA about our options. As Todd mentioned during the stream, we *must* do a full wipe with 5.11. For that reason, we don't want to do one now; it's not cool to do two full wipes back-to-back like that.

As far as doing a passive skill wipe and then adjusting the training speed, we can set it at a 3% speed increase again, but we aren't able to tweak that number. (Doing so would require some backend work and those take attention away from the actual development of the game). 

I mean apart, from a passive skill wipe by itself makes no sense from a player perspective in terms of being "fair", I wanted to share some thoughts that came up last night.

In a way the arguments that the community (me included) have been giving is based on the assumption that you are playing the game already in "competitive" mode!

I also had the wish boiling up in me to learn more about the game and that it is actually quite hard to learn anything about gathering and crafting during the skill tree progression on the path that you are already maxed out. So to provide a counterargument to the popular opinion in this thread it would also be nice to have a passive skill-wipe to allow semi-new players like myself to experience the progression through the passive tree again, since I only had ONE passive skill wipe since I play the game.

And I guess the most important aspect is for Todd and the team to test things to polish the game. So if there is ANY in doing a skill wipe for YOU guys, I dare you to do it, because we should help you guys test the game.

Egos that are concerned with advantages and unfair situations in the game should step back and reflect on what is most important ATM.

To me personally "competitive" game-play is not one of the important things ATM. 

Wipe or no wipe i dont care. But if you only wipe passiv you will have Players in epic and legendary vessles and gear and no new player will be able to stand a fight for the next 3 months. Right now, yes they miss some Power from passiv tree but they can get the stuff craftet from other players. The vessle/gear difference in fighting Power is way more powerfull then some passives. All the Players crying for a passiv wipe would now really have a reason to cry.

Edited by Mogres

10 hours ago, VaMei said:

This situation will happen in the live game exactly once, at soft launch, and then never again barring significant design changes.

Because it's not a repeating scenario, I don't see testing the 'everyone's a noob' scenario as being nearly as important as the blending of vets with new players.

Yeah and you only get 1 chance to make a first impression. Flop in those first couple months and people don't come back. Game hopping is real right now. Crowfall needs a GREAT new player experience to really grab and hold onto new players. The game doesn't hold onto new players very well right now. I'm sure being in a pre-alpha state is a real big part of that but it's not the only reason. With 5.11 being the final milestone we won't be able to blame short comings on pre-alpha much longer either. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

I vote for no wipe cause only skill tree wipe is totally unfair for new players.

But i can accept a wipe if in the same time u begin a campaign with no import and where u can only create a new white vessel. Like that everyone can enter in and try like a launch, and in the 2 god's reach new player can learn the game and veteran can test  different craft . 

A full wipe right now can be fun for some weeks but i really think if u wipe something old player will take a break after few days waiting 5.11 on test or on live  

1 hour ago, CrusaderW said:

And I guess the most important aspect is for Todd and the team to test things to polish the game. So if there is ANY in doing a skill wipe for YOU guys, I dare you to do it, because we should help you guys test the game.

Egos that are concerned with advantages and unfair situations in the game should step back and reflect on what is most important ATM.

To me personally "competitive" game-play is not one of the important things ATM. 

ACE didn't say anything about wanting to do the wipe for testing or development purposes. They said it was to address the new players who feel like they can't compete or catch up with the veteran players.

The "egos" in this thread aren't concerned with fairness for themselves, they are saying that a skills-only wipe won't help the new players, and would probably make things worse for them.

IhhQKY6.gif

There needs to be an option of 3) completely delete this system and implement something exponentially less tedious, with monumentally less time to master.  God I hate this skill system.  It’s a complete turn-off for new players.  1) they start playing 2) start to enjoy the game 3) start to understand the game and the importance of passive training, 4) see that they are months behind, 5) go play WoW classic.

FULL WIPE - INCREASED PASSIVE POINT SPEED!!!!

Listen, the Uncle Bob scenario is hitting everyone on the winning side way to hard. We have a DEFINITE advantage on 90% of the population... and the game is stale with the current population. Wipe, but allow everyone to recoup quickly to reach endgame. What matters is we all start on an even playing field moving forward

15 hours ago, Silkhe said:

It would seem they heard everyone and gave a pretty clear response that the poll will remain 'as is', perhaps until 5.11, and those of us having an undeniable logic of why this doesn't at all address the stated reasoning for such a skill-wipe... obviously we just simply vote 'NO'

Actual reasons for a poll or not aside this comment really bothers me. Really? They heard the entire community say this is the wrong way to go about something and decided to ignore all of us? 

That's messed up.

Edited by Brightdance

I'm with those who favor a full wipe.

As I see it, a full wipe would work as a simulacrum of launch. It could be useful for players and guilds to test their initial progresion strategy (in table top terms, their "engine building"), and ACE could get useful data from that.

A skills wipe without full wipe is a situation that won't happen after launch, and won't be useful for anything.

1 hour ago, Brightdance said:

Actual reasons for a poll or not aside this comment really bothers me. Really? They heard the entire community say this is the wrong way to go about something and decided to ignore all of us? 

That's messed up.

Yes, leaving the poll as is and not altering it as requested by most is bothersome... but Pann's response shouldn't be interpreted as they are flat out ignoring us either?  The response doesn't really imply that, nor unfortunately does it preclude the poll already posted from being continued if they so choose.  I have no evidence that I was being ignored while having said the same thing as most others not in favor of the poll as is.  Do you have some other evidence of intentional community disregard regarding this particular idea?  I simply fail to see your reason for turning this into a drama-filled argument with abrasive innuendos, especially in regards to the topic and the actual context of my reply that you quoted erroneously.  

What's 'messed up' is implying that a particular segment of the community should be listened to more so, and with greater impact, than all the rest.  That was the unnecessary implication and the actual context behind my reply, Brightdance.  No need to make mountains out of mole hills & harmless banter.  

Edited by Silkhe
clarification

9 hours ago, Jah said:

All the comments seem to be from people who don't want a wipe or only want wipe if it is a full wipe.

I'd be curious to hear from some of the people who are voting 'yes' for a skills-only wipe why they think that would be a good thing.

I voted yes.

Between no change until next year and a wipe, my vote was clear.

Then I realise it wouldn't be a full wipe 😅

I still don't get what would be the purpose of it. New players won't ever find themselves in a situation where all vets just recieved a skills wipe. Can't see the benefits of a partial wipe over a full wipe.