Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Poll: Passive skill tree wipe

Passive skill tree: Wipe or no wipe?  

162 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should there be a wipe of the passive skill trees in October?

    • Yes
      55
    • No
      107

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/04/2019 at 12:39 AM

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, Virtus- said:

This is a simple poll for a Yes or No vote for passive skill tree wipe. End of discussion. All other ideas and implementations are great but should be discussed elsewhere, I simply do not want the Developers to waste any time on trying to satisfy those that are salty. Yes or No, be lucky they are asking us for our opinions, because they really don't have to. In the end I absolutely love this game and think the developers are on a great track to making a truly unique game. I look forward to seeing this new patch in February!

Not sure who you are referring to as salty in your message since you can not figure out the "quote" option. As shown below the statement was very clear at the very end of the opening thread. "Please vote and leave comments in the thread if you so choose." By the way it is not a simple poll for yes or no since the person who created the poll asked for comments. LOL 

On 9/26/2019 at 12:46 PM, Pann said:

During the ACE Q&A for September live stream, Todd spoke about the possibility of doing a passive skill tree wipe. (The segment begins at the 19:30 mark). As Todd stated, passive training has been running for quite some time now, at an accelerated pace. 

Simply bumping everyone up to max levels isn't an option. That would require engineering time that we don't want to divert from development of the game itself. 

Note that this would be passive skills only. The wipe would not include characters, Eternal Kingdoms or banks. 

Please vote and leave comments in the thread if you so choose. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DrakanoWOW said:

Not sure who you are referring to as salty in your message since you can not figure out the "quote" option. As shown below the statement was very clear at the very end of the opening thread. "Please vote and leave comments in the thread if you so choose." By the way it is not a simple poll for yes or no since the person who created the poll asked for comments. LOL 

 

Sure 😃 you got me there, then maybe I should rephrase what I stated earlier. He listed 2 options to vote on, yes comment but since there is no 3rd option don't QQ begging for a 3rd option or complain about it.They can't make everyone happy. My apologies for not "quoting" I'm relatively new to posting in the forums. I'm usually happy in my little corner minding my own business enjoying this game and not being an experienced troll "LOL"

 

-Don't be Salty-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Virtus- said:

He listed 2 options to vote on, yes comment but since there is no 3rd option don't QQ begging for a 3rd option or complain about it.They can't make everyone happy.

It is entirely appropriate to explain why a skill-only wipe would not achieve the desired outcome.

Don't QQ or complain about people giving feedback as requested.


IhhQKY6.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Virtus- said:

He listed 2 optiions...

They can't make everyone happy.  

Who is he?  Pann?  Our community lead isn’t a he.  

As for the making everybody happy: who are they making happy?  Is anybody really happy with the state of the game?  There is a difference in not having anything else to play so you test CF and actually enjoying the state of current CF.  


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2019 at 3:01 PM, oneply said:

A great deal of complexity can be added without skill trees and ranks. And sorry but if player A invests more time into the game than player B they deserve to progress faster. 

Watch how people would then complain that they can't advance their characters at all because the top guilds completely control access to the rare and required resources in your theoretical alternative system. #PlayToCrush

No, what ACE would actually implement is a system like Albion Online where instead of grinding mobs for a few hours (white) or days (blue+) to get your vessel to 30, you grind mobs for weeks and months to get skill training nodes unlock actual upgrade stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Full wipe or no wipe - terrible advice to give someone currently being potty trained but definitely good advice if we are talking Crowfall LIVE server.

Of those two options I would still vote for no wipe and wait for the 5.110 wipe.

The CreepLord hath Providedeth an Opinioneth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, DocHollidaze said:

Watch how people would then complain that they can't advance their characters at all because the top guilds completely control access to the rare and required resources in your theoretical alternative system. #PlayToCrush

Still have to grind resources in the current system too. And you want to control the resources. So don’t really see what your point is... 

people will complain regardless of what anyone does. My proposed system is merely to remove the timed gate. Which theoretically would allow more people to enjoy the game at a faster pace. Instead of waiting 3+ months for the “experience” to actually begin 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2019 at 12:03 PM, oneply said:

And to my understanding, correct me of I’m wrong, most of us are going to get limited to 3 toon slots at launch. Buying additional slots is a cheaper (more accessible) option than another account. 

Additional account is always better in a game with systems like CF. The whole skill system being account based but not being able to train every line at once and import export restrictions along with future skill tome possibilities gives the edge to accounts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oneply said:

Still have to grind resources in the current system too. And you want to control the resources. So don’t really see what your point is... 

people will complain regardless of what anyone does. My proposed system is merely to remove the timed gate. Which theoretically would allow more people to enjoy the game at a faster pace. Instead of waiting 3+ months for the “experience” to actually begin 

 

You complain constantly about uncle bob and yet don't see how gating advancement completely behind access to resources will produce more uncle bob.

Either way, IDGF too much because ACE is going to time-gate advancement in some form another because every MMO does. If they don't this will just be a long term MOBA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only way I'd support a wipe at this time prior to Dregs is if the following occurs:

  • We get a crafting/harvesting overhaul to vastly improve viability of low/mid tier training and test stop-gap mechanics for crafted gear.  As things are now, the only way to get worthwhile gear from a crafting perspective is having the entire tree at max and at minimum blue mats.  While harvesting isn't nearly as bad it's still significant how much a difference finishing a line in Excavation/Reaping can make, let alone specializations.
  • Passive training gets a catch-up mechanic to test, along with ideally some manner of additional active mechanic.  Players should feel like actually playing the game advances them somehow, and an active system that gives additional points to allocate simply by engaging in Leaderboard, harvest, or wartribe activities (and maybe sacrificing, as well) would go a long way to help retain new players as they can participate more actively in the game and feel like they're progressing.
  • Mechanics to reduce the pain of leveling crafted vessels, such as sacrificing an existing vessel and allowing experience to bleed over to the next experience bar when sacrificing.

This all would be very well worth testing and we need something good to test out between now and the Dregs.  We've tested about as far as we can, so unless ACE plans on restricting the mid October-November campaign by not allowing Alpha Warriors, Archers, or Crusaders to join it for sake of testing other classes/specs for bugs we're kind of dead in the water with a demotivated player base uninterested in any more Uncle WHoA Bob and their heavy meta focus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Deioth said:

The only way I'd support a wipe at this time prior to Dregs is if the following occurs:

  • We get a crafting/harvesting overhaul to vastly improve viability of low/mid tier training and test stop-gap mechanics for crafted gear.  As things are now, the only way to get worthwhile gear from a crafting perspective is having the entire tree at max and at minimum blue mats.  While harvesting isn't nearly as bad it's still significant how much a difference finishing a line in Excavation/Reaping can make, let alone specializations.
  • Passive training gets a catch-up mechanic to test, along with ideally some manner of additional active mechanic.  Players should feel like actually playing the game advances them somehow, and an active system that gives additional points to allocate simply by engaging in Leaderboard, harvest, or wartribe activities (and maybe sacrificing, as well) would go a long way to help retain new players as they can participate more actively in the game and feel like they're progressing.
  • Mechanics to reduce the pain of leveling crafted vessels, such as sacrificing an existing vessel and allowing experience to bleed over to the next experience bar when sacrificing.

This all would be very well worth testing and we need something good to test out between now and the Dregs.  We've tested about as far as we can, so unless ACE plans on restricting the mid October-November campaign by not allowing Alpha Warriors, Archers, or Crusaders to join it for sake of testing other classes/specs for bugs we're kind of dead in the water with a demotivated player base uninterested in any more Uncle WHoA Bob and their heavy meta focus.

The other classes have been tested extensively; they aren’t balanced.  There’s a few things that are obviously overtuned and then a sea of vastly undertuned majors, minors, classes and races.  A wipe isn’t going to help them know that; it’s been brought up a hundred times on both these boards and the dev partner boards.  Balance passes aren’t going to happen till after dregs have been released, tested, fixed, broken and fixed again.  I complain about it probably more than any other person and the answer is wait till the balance pass.  So wait we shall.   

 

Soon...


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mandalore said:

tested extensively

I am not so sure about that. We have found a decent amount of bugs/things not working on multiple classes. After reporting them, it seemed like the devs were unaware. I honestly wonder how much testing is been done these days. Most seem to just be playing to win and the meta. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Darksun_ said:

I am not so sure about that. We have found a decent amount of bugs/things not working on multiple classes. After reporting them, it seemed like the devs were unaware. I honestly wonder how much testing is been done these days. Most seem to just be playing to win and the meta. 

They're aware of some.
A lot of bugs get pushed aside for bigger more pressing issues, even if they are reported multiple times.

If you're actually concerned with how much testing is being done, I'd suggest looking at the bug reports and feedback forum.
But I think I know how much of that you've done.
 


231e101d88.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Deioth said:

Players should feel like actually playing the game advances them somehow

Active play does advance players. Vessels, armor, weapons, and jewelry are created through active play, and you can only win campaigns through active play.

Passive training is the only thing that does not come from active play, and it is just one aspect of progression in Crowfall.


IhhQKY6.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DocHollidaze said:

 

You complain constantly about uncle bob and yet don't see how gating advancement completely behind access to resources will produce more uncle bob.

Either way, IDGF too much because ACE is going to time-gate advancement in some form another because every MMO does. If they don't this will just be a long term MOBA.

I don’t complain about uncle bob. Advancements already gated behind resources. And currently no one is able to control resources to the point of stifling the resource acquisition of others. Too big of worlds, too many resource spots, and too few people playing in them. 

Either way your right about it being a moot point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah seems legit ask in the board, where no players who stopped playing will be. People stopped playing and won't see this thread, due to passive skill training. Of course those who are left won't vote for a wipe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kim-lee said:

yeah seems legit ask in the board, where no players who stopped playing will be. People stopped playing and won't see this thread, due to passive skill training. Of course those who are left won't vote for a wipe

What does a wipe give you?  Do you think a wipe will impact the winning guilds on the same level as will impact others?  A reset for the hyper organized guilds (chain of command, organized and preplanned harvesters with min max builds and maps of where to go, dedicated crafters who make the charts the rest of the community uses for gear combinations, with multilevel dedicated alt accounts for every guild need) is going to be impacted in the same way as a solo player, a small guild or some disorganized players?  The answer is no.  This isn’t the first wipe and organized guilds have a plan to get ahead ready to go (they’ve done it four or five times over the past years).  A wipe adversary impacts those with less organization.  Disorganized players rooting for a wipe are rooting for the game to be harder for them Bc it will mildly impact their enemy but it will absolutely impact you more severely.

The devs proposed a skill wipe while letting the veterans keep all the gear their advanced skill allows.  This would ensure veteran players stockpile resources (something they already do) and precraft best in slot gear that nobody (with a skill wipe) will be able to make.  That sounds bad to me.  

A wipe won’t even the playing field.  This is about organization, logistics and the drive to win.  If people test this game differently than its intended to be played what is the value in that testing? Play to crush.  

 

 


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...