Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blazzen

Poll: Full Wipe

Full Wipe Poll  

219 members have voted

  1. 1. Should there be a full wipe (passive training, items and vessels) in October 2019?



Recommended Posts

@Pann created a thread about wiping passive training (but not vessels or items) and the answer from the playerbase is a definitive "No".

However, several players mention that's because wiping passive training but leaving legacy items and vessels would be worse than not wiping at all. 

ACE's reason for not doing a full wipe is quote below. 

Quote

As Todd mentioned during the stream, we *must* do a full wipe with 5.11. For that reason, we don't want to do one now; it's not cool to do two full wipes back-to-back like that.

I'd like to get a poll on the players preferences to see whether or not it matches the assumption above. After all, it's the players time and effort that we're talking about wiping. 

Per yesterdays stream - the 5.11 update and full wipe is scheduled for Jan or Feb 2020.

Vote YES if you're in favor of a full wipe in October 2019.

Vote NO if you're NOT in favor of a full wipe in October 2019. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Full wipe

I feel like you have to.

We have to test the early stages of combat and crafting. Also we should be looking hard at how fast we want the skill tree to progress. The testing community has to make sure that crafters will be satisfied with what they are able to do in the first few weeks. We also have to look at class balance in the early stages. We know what they are with almost full skill trees but it will not be the same TTK ( time to kill ) with everyone at 0 skills. Also need to make sure that the early stages of healing is not over or under powered. You have 1 chance at launch and you need to make sure the first few weeks-month to be the best is possibly can.


n0MnLtK.png?2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you could build some hype around a full wipe in October, welcoming new players to come and check the game out without being helplessly behind most current players - I think that would be a good thing. Especially if they turn up the knob they talked about for passive points. Advertise it as a way to learn the game and have a plan in place for 5.11. As a new player, a full wipe looks appealing. I could see vets getting excited about it - but also I could easily see vets just taking a break for 4 months instead of completely starting over.


-Draconic Warlords, Usual Suspects, Freaks of Nature, Disturbed Forces, The Hate Crew, TSCCC-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, hurt said:

Especially if they turn up the knob they talked about for passive points. 

Cranking it up higher than a 3% speed increase (as it is now) is not a possibility at this time. 


Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are 60d out from an the last full item/vessel wipe demanded by people that mostly don't play.  That wipe led to guilds like UxA quitting.

So full wipe in October and then 60-120 days later do it again?  

The pre-alpha population has essentially been stable and stagnant from bigworld to 5.8 (50-75).  The news of 5.8 brought a huge boom up to 200 concurrent and then declined back to 100 concurrent the last 5 months.

Wipe without new content will not bring in new blood and may drive away current players that don't want to rebuild every 60-90 days.

Calling it now two weeks post wipe, the siege concurrent pop will at best be the same approx 100 players there currently are.

Edited by Angelmar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You’ll just get lots of people quitting til the big patch next year. So regardless of trying to prove the assumption that training is the big decider (which it’s not entirely), a possibly huge chunk of veterans stop playing is only gonna invalidate any observations. I’m sure as hell not gonna spend 1-2 months grinding and revving everything back up just for another known wipe a month or even two later. To hell with that.

Edited by Duffy

lPoLZtm.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Pann said:

Cranking it up higher than a 3% speed increase (as it is now) is not a possibility at this time. 

3%?  We thought it was at 300% speed increase.


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mandalore said:

3%?  We thought it was at 300% speed increase.

I think this is a matter of semantics. Pann is saying 3%, but is referring to the 3 points every 10 seconds. 

Regardless, I don't want a wipe of any kind right now. Even if you wipe everything, all of the same class imbalances will still exist, so what are you really fixing? And a month later, the new people coming in will start complaining again about being behind the curve. 

We need to test the game and the game gets tested better by having people trained, along with people who are not trained. The condition where no one is trained is only going to happen once. We've tested that many times already, and will again when 5.110 hits. There's no need for a wipe now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Angelmar said:

We are 60d out from an the last full item/vessel wipe demanded by people that mostly don't play.  That wipe led to guilds like UxA quitting.

So full wipe in October and then 60-120 days later do it again?  

The pre-alpha population has essentially been stable and stagnant from bigworld to 5.8 (50-75).  The news of 5.8 brought a huge boom up to 200 concurrent and then declined back to 100 concurrent the last 5 months.

Wipe without new content will not bring in new blood and may drive away current players that don't want to rebuild every 60-90 days.

Calling it now two weeks post wipe, the siege concurrent pop will at best be the same approx 100 players there currently are.

I think the wipe will point out a major flaw in cf. That the game is pretty unplayable for the first 1-2 weeks post wipe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Arkade said:

I think this is a matter of semantics. Pann is saying 3%, but is referring to the 3 points every 10 seconds. 

Regardless, I don't want a wipe of any kind right now. Even if you wipe everything, all of the same class imbalances will still exist, so what are you really fixing? And a month later, the new people coming in will start complaining again about being behind the curve. 

We need to test the game and the game gets tested better by having people trained, along with people who are not trained. The condition where no one is trained is only going to happen once. We've tested that many times already, and will again when 5.110 hits. There's no need for a wipe now.

I’m not sure it is just semantics.  3% isn’t 3/10.  I’m not actually sure what she means with this 3% statement.  This isn’t me attacking Pann, I like her and we talk every once in a while; I’m genuinely confused what the 3% increase means.  


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only reason id say yes is so I can buy another account i been planning to buy but dont want to being so behind with my other one :)
I def see the problems a wipe cause for the big time guilds quitting or being mad.  But honestly its Pre-Alpha long way off with lots of changes. People are very picky in wanting a "Playable Game" that is like a released game.  Fact of the matter is its not and we will probably have to start over many times including once more when it starts for real, we got to support what the game team thinks is best for getting the game out quicker while voicing real valid arguments as to why we think its a bad for the development of the game not for players personal enjoyment in Alpha.


@that_eriksson for IG and Twitter http://youtube.com/c/ThatEriksson

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

new players will still be behind no matter what you do, the very second passive training reaches the point to where greens can be made properly every single person in the dominating alliance rn will be in greens, same when blue becomes viable, youre shooting the problem in the foot instead of the head, the community needs to stop asking for wipes and passive training increases, JUST ASK FOR IT TO BE GONE


hoayaga2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The biggest issue with these calls for wipes tends to be that the loudest of those crying for a wipe tend to not end up playing at all after the wipe. That or play a day or two, realizing that the wipe wasn't the reason they weren't playing and then fade off leaving those who were playing before to rebuild up what they had and not really accomplishing anything.

If you're someone who is definitely going to play hard if there was a wipe and you believe it would be beneficial to that drive, I think you should support it. If you are someone who is unsure you would actually play and are just wanting to see what would happen with a wipe, I think you should think about whether you actually will play or not before throwing your support behind a change that can and probably will have some consequences for the existing population.

A full wipe will likely be a hit on the currently population and may give a bump to some randoms coming into the game or trying the game again but isn't likely to translate to any real population gain since those randoms will still run into the exact same problem they have now. They don't really know what they are doing and will get out played by someone who has played the game much longer and likely will have much better gear due to a better guild infrastructure.

I think there are things that could justify a full wipe but if your reasoning is to level the playing field, it really is not going to do that.

 

The only other factor is if ACE thinks there is something to be gained testing wise from a wipe now but that ultimately falls to them on whether that is something they are looking at. From the communication we've received so far, I don't think they are specifically needing any data from a wipe considering they were looking at only wiping passive skills.


C4sIZDW.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with Ginko, testing several more full wipes is integral to a solid launch. The value of testing early game flow is more important than anything else because that is the game state Crowfall will be judged on, and it will likely have a significant impact on post-launch population and media coverage.

Edited by Earnestly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i would to preshare it if the inflow of the Combat Tree complete reworked or deleted, because to gain over the time in PvP isnt fair to New Players.

Maybe you go in a 1vs1 fight or guild skirmish with 5vs5 or 15 vs 15 what ever, the new players wouldnt be able to do the same like oler players.

voted no, because spend right now 3 weeks into this game, my effort goes deleted this is bad for my situation.

but im fine to see a wipe because it would improove for new players the experirence of this game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vicid said:

New Players will be left behind because of the badge gap.  

I just spat beer over my keyboard.

Well played sir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...