Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blazzen

Poll: Full Wipe

Full Wipe Poll  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a full wipe (passive training, items and vessels) in October 2019?

36 minutes ago, BaronLovat said:

Really? Can we stop wasting the Development time with requests to get a 'fair' playing environment?

They asked us in the Q&A yesterday for our feedback on whether we want a wipe...

IhhQKY6.gif

3 hours ago, mystafyi said:

To be fair, ACE indicated they are not even going to touch the live version. Since there isn't testing going on and certainly no fixes, I am unsure why folks are using testing as a reason for anything revolving this wipe. ACE just wanted to know if it would be a QOL improvement for new players by just doing a skill wipe since everything else is off the table. I think you are correct in that many older vets will just quit till alpha.  I feel this will negatively effect new players worse then crafting/resource skill imbalances.

Already pretty low pop compared to Albion Online when it was pre-alpha. New people will come in, see an even more deserted game, and say #deadgaem, byeee.

ACE just needs to finish getting Dregs (the real game) into release. amirite

I am a fairly new player, even though i bought the game a long time ago. Our guild is 90% new players and we do feel the crunch when it comes to open world pvp.

However does it make sense for a full wipe now 3 or 4 month before another full wipe? 

my answer is a big and loud NO.

It makes no sense whatsoever,

we are fully aware that we will have a few month of hard time catching up, that we will use to try to be better and learn about the mechanics of the game, but hell i will not go back three times backward, one now, one for the wipe in February and one at realease, that just makes no sense at all.

9 hours ago, Jah said:

They asked us in the Q&A yesterday for our feedback on whether we want a wipe...

They asked us about a full wipe, because people are crying about wanting a passive wipe. Both the initial and follow up requests are a waste of Development time, when they explicitly stated there will be a wipe 5.11. I was in the stream when it was being discussed. 

2 hours ago, BaronLovat said:

They asked us about a full wipe, because people are crying about wanting a passive wipe. Both the initial and follow up requests are a waste of Development time, when they explicitly stated there will be a wipe 5.11. I was in the stream when it was being discuss

Thats why there is a poll

22 minutes ago, Seductive said:

Honestly this poll is manipulated by people that own 5 plus accounts my 2 cents.

Wipe  hype!

hehe that could be possible since many active folks do have multiple accounts. Do not fear though, the devs have already said full wipe is out of question. As are any other modifications to the live version from now till alpha.

23 hours ago, blazzen said:

I too am in favor of a full wipe because I think it would be helpful in testing the early game and new player experience.

Ace is going to need 2-3 full wipes before the game is ready.  Now is not the time!  Wait till dregs for the next one please and make it full.  It would have made common sense to wipe passives back when they item / vessel wiped to work on the database but wipe now is just wonderful.  New players will always be behind because they don't have knowledge and no easy way to get it.

Go ahead and wipe if you want to see an empty game.  Piss of the people that have been playing the longest because you made a poorly designed "game", ya that makes sense.  Why not quit trying to be EVE, Shadowbane, or some other mix of games that already died?  Why not make a system that rewards you playing instead of not playing?  Did you ever think of having passives able to actively leveled too?  If you know you have a full wipe coming in February why the hell would you propose another wipe now?

"Yeah lets wipe even if there is a full wipe in 3 Months so ive better standing cause iam new"

How are you supposed to test new features when everybody needs to build up first and nobody has a crafter anymore... Plus half of the players leave the game until alpha release in 2020. Just to have a slight better chance than when playing on a dead server ? genius.

9 minutes ago, SaSaLe said:

"Yeah lets wipe even if there is a full wipe in 3 Months so ive better standing cause iam new"

How are you supposed to test new features when everybody needs to build up first and nobody has a crafter anymore... Plus half of the players leave the game until alpha release in 2020. Just to have a slight better chance than when playing on a dead server ? genius.

Which new features do you hope to test while we wait for the next patch?

Building up from the starting point is part of the game. If you need months of passive training before you can really play that would be a serious flaw that needs to be known and addressed.

You suppose that a wipe would make less people play, but please understand the proponents suppose the opposite. Proponents for the wipe believe the wide skill/gear gap is discouraging new players and that a wipe might result in higher population and activity. Nobody wants less players.

IhhQKY6.gif

Can't agree with a full wipe or a passive wipe so close to another full wipe. 

The only thing it will accomplish is killing off the current player base until the full wipe happens with Dregs. The new player experience has been tested numerous times over. Hell there is a whole thread here: 

Nothing but new players. The issues are known - they don't need to wipe again to figure it out. 

The only thing I would be on-board for, if you really want to see CF surge with population, is bring the 24/7 servers down. Ramp up marketing and bring 24/7 back up again when the Dregs are ready - with a free week of play for new players. Having people trickle in now when there are many damaged systems in the game that deter or outright screw over new players is not helping the CF population at all. Another wipe before all the new systems come into place isn't going to help anything. 

I personally think it should't matter how many wipes happen.  We all know things are in development.  In the end.. there will be a wipe maybe even more wipes then you hope..  If nothing else you learn how to build a character the way you want faster.  I also know there is no catch up mech in place yet.. so the competition aspect of the game isn't really "Balanced".  So.. don't think it matters either way.  "The wipe is coming.".. with white walkers and all that stuff

However, if they do wipe.. wipe it all.. items toons.. passives.. all of it.  That way we have no uncle Robs at the game table!... or was it uncle Joe?

On 9/28/2019 at 10:58 AM, SaSaLe said:

What features can't you test without a crafter? Which of those haven't been tested for years or a great deal at this point and or are likely on hold because of the next milestone?

Would be nice to close the gap for new players coming in. Also more experienced players like me might enjoy the opportunity to go through the "early- to endgame" - progession cycle again...

UPDATE 10-3: After reading comments and reviewing the poll results, there are no wipes planned -- neither skills only or complete wipe -- ahead of the War of the Gods. Big thank-you to all who participated in the conversations. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community