Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vicid

Poll: Bring Back good minor discs

Bring Back good minor discs  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ace do what we want and bring back minor discs?

• Yes and weapon discs like Bow Mastery
    • No I hate fun

I voted no Bc I hate fun but I also want minors to be better than the hot garbage they are now. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

20 hours ago, Staff said:

i voted no because weapon discs were dumb and still are

Eh but they could have been good.  I liked weapon discs in Sb but they were entirely different than what we got in SB.  Weapon discs in SB were for classes that didn’t normally have access to that weapon so a great sword weapon disc would be used by a thief or an archer rune for an assassin.  It allowed for some off meta builds. 

Edited by mandalore

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Weapon discs can easily be implemented as Majors and/or Minors without the need to bring back the specific slot for them.

I too would prefer that they were more like Shadowbane weapon discs. Unlock weapons not normally available to a class.

IhhQKY6.gif

25 minutes ago, Gradishar said:

I miss Expansive Mind and Demon’s Pact.

I too miss having the human passive on every race.  

wiDfyPp.png

They really just need to go through and change up the way most discs work (mainly minors).

They always talked about choice choice choice blah blah blah. But most Majors follow the same principle (3 Abilities, 1 Passive. Excluding a few like force mage or rune caster and maybe a few others) and minors are pretty  much always a passive (Except Far Sight and Reaper and the old DP and EM that they trashed) but they only give us 3 passive slots (Yes there are "6" for 1 bar classes and "9" for 2 bar classes and an extra for any Human classes, but alot of times there is redundancy between the combat bars, and some people dont fully slot out their combat bar AND survival bar, if they arent a harvester, the survival bar just gets left over passives that could be slotted in it if available like sturdy, etc.)

So they want us to potentially slot in 5 Disciplines (2 Major, 3 Minor) for 5 Passives when we can only use three, then they wondered why literally EVERYONE ran DP back in the day because it brings you up to 4 Passive slots for 4 Disciplines (your 5th is being used by DP to make the 4th passive).

In all honesty the passive system is just stupid, if tomorrow they added a large list of minors that just gave flat bonuses (like how elven eyes and such work) most people would never slot more than 1 minor that had a passive, because minor passives are rarely worth it when compared to major passives.

Personally i think they should just get rid of Passive Slots and just make anything that gives you a passive always give you the passive (like how capstones work now) and only restrict the passives they give by which tray a person is in so that your "stealth tray passives" wont be active during combat or survival trays. but thats just my opinion and i doubt it would change anything this late in the game

14 minutes ago, ShadowwBoi13 said:

They really just need to go through and change up the way most discs work (mainly minors).

They always talked about choice choice choice blah blah blah. But most Majors follow the same principle (3 Abilities, 1 Passive. Excluding a few like force mage or rune caster and maybe a few others) and minors are pretty  much always a passive (Except Far Sight and Reaper and the old DP and EM that they trashed) but they only give us 3 passive slots (Yes there are "6" for 1 bar classes and "9" for 2 bar classes and an extra for any Human classes, but alot of times there is redundancy between the combat bars, and some people dont fully slot out their combat bar AND survival bar, if they arent a harvester, the survival bar just gets left over passives that could be slotted in it if available like sturdy, etc.)

So they want us to potentially slot in 5 Disciplines (2 Major, 3 Minor) for 5 Passives when we can only use three, then they wondered why literally EVERYONE ran DP back in the day because it brings you up to 4 Passive slots for 4 Disciplines (your 5th is being used by DP to make the 4th passive).

In all honesty the passive system is just stupid, if tomorrow they added a large list of minors that just gave flat bonuses (like how elven eyes and such work) most people would never slot more than 1 minor that had a passive, because minor passives are rarely worth it when compared to major passives.

Personally i think they should just get rid of Passive Slots and just make anything that gives you a passive always give you the passive (like how capstones work now) and only restrict the passives they give by which tray a person is in so that your "stealth tray passives" wont be active during combat or survival trays. but thats just my opinion and i doubt it would change anything this late in the game

+1 

wiDfyPp.png

2 hours ago, mandalore said:

Eh but they could have been good.  I liked weapon discs in Sb but they were entirely different than what we got in SB.  Weapon discs in SB were for classes that didn’t normally have access to that weapon so a great sword weapon disc would be used by a thief or an archer rune for an assassin.  It allowed for some off meta builds. 

if we got SB style weapon discs id like that, i feel so wimpy waving around my little sickle on stormcaller, i wanna use a staff

hoayaga2.jpg

45 minutes ago, Staff said:

i feel so wimpy waving around my little sickle on stormcaller, i wanna use a staff

Too close to real life? 

Boom! Gotcha!  420 headshot Illuminati Dorito king! 

Also, bring back wood elf plate.  

wiDfyPp.png

Too many minors are passives. Minors should just be a singular bonus, whether it be a passive, a power, or a stat bonus. I do like the weapon passive as mentioned above (SB style I guess). 

But currently as they are 3/4ths of them are near useless. Even the crafting ones only have a couple outside of techniques that are useful. It definitely needs a good looking over. Maybe something someone can play around over the next couple months until 5.11. 

2 hours ago, oneply said:

Too many minors are passives. Minors should just be a singular bonus, whether it be a passive, a power, or a stat bonus. I do like the weapon passive as mentioned above (SB style I guess). 

But currently as they are 3/4ths of them are near useless. Even the crafting ones only have a couple outside of techniques that are useful. It definitely needs a good looking over. Maybe something someone can play around over the next couple months until 5.11. 

^+1

wiDfyPp.png

1 hour ago, chancellor said:

It's probably too late to change it now, but I'd prefer that weapon choice not be tied to race or class at all.

For now, the cost of animations is why they are tied together. 

wiDfyPp.png

Posted (edited)
On 9/28/2019 at 3:01 PM, ShadowwBoi13 said:

Totally agree.

Some of us suggested making capstone free soon after they were revealed, took them a while but they did it. They could come around and change passives more later on.

I'm all for choice, but having a large pool and few slots just removes creativity IMO. As the meta/fotm and likely overpowered options float to the top.

What I'd like to see and seems feasible:

3 Minor Discipline Slots: Equip discipline, get passive or stat benefits automatically.

3 Passive Slots: Class specific passives. Could be base and promo, but likely would need a few more overall for each class.

Exploration: Keep it how it is with the passives granted being used by the 3 survival bar passive slots.

Major Disciplines : Not sure if it will be completed or scrapped, but the plan seems to be for Major Disciplines to become part of the leveling/talent point system. Where we would need to spent talent points to unlock Major powers/passives or maybe even enhancing them (doubt it). If this does happen, would like passives paid for with points to be given to us without needing to slot them.

Besides creating new passives (which the game as a whole needs), this seems relatively doable within what is available. Still requires choices but allows for more build creativity.

Not counting exploration, this could result in up to 12 passives factoring in compared to the current 5.

Race x 1, Promo Capstone x 1, Class 0-3, Major 0-4, Minor 0-3 (races with extra passive would get another class slot) Still not as deep as many other games, but it helps.

Add in the Advantages & Disadvantage system and I might actually buy into them saying this game has an incredibly deep character advancement system. Still not as deep as many other games, but it helps.

Edited by APE

Minors currently seem like hot garbage. All but 2 of them being tied to a passive slot is frustrating. If you like class/major disc passives, good news!  You don't need minors. 

-The Legion shall forever be reborn

qliewl5.png

Definitely a lot of directions they can take minors and passive slots in general.  They can offer something baseline with more bonus when slotted, they can expand slots available dramatically and mix and match perks and drawbacks or creative restrictions, such as having three "offense" flagged might reduce your armor caps and three "defensive" flagged reduce AP/SP, but a good mix has no drawbacks, and more.  Personally, I think they should give everyone a Major/Class only passive slot with the three existing general slots (so everyone gets effectively 4), introduce a minor exploration discipline slot, and something like a perk/benefit system for overfilling a certain kind of passive (offense, defense, utility, support).  I'd also love to see them give everyone an extra hotbar button, but shrug.

I certainly would like to see weapon disciplines be a thing, however.  I'd be very hard pressed not to run a two handed mace myrmidon.