Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vicid

Poll: Bring Back good minor discs

Bring Back good minor discs  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ace do what we want and bring back minor discs?

• Yes and weapon discs like Bow Mastery
    • No I hate fun

15 minutes ago, Pann said:

Disciplines (and Passives) were mentioned in our last ACE Q&A. What are your thoughts on the changes Blair spoke about?

good changes but many minors are bad, i would like to see many such as all thorns related ones receive a massive  buff, along with the addition of several minors that DO require a passive slot but in exchange are extra powerful such as a minor that increased the power efficiency cap by 10% and gives you 30% efficiency as opposed to weapon finesses 20% or or a minor that healed you by 3% on every basic hit 

hoayaga2.jpg

1 hour ago, Pann said:

Disciplines (and Passives) were mentioned in our last ACE Q&A. What are your thoughts on the changes Blair spoke about?

I do like the forced choice aspect of the current system.  It wasn't so much that the minors weren't balanced as they felt unimpactful.  I know that a minor should be a small thing, but it should change a small facet of my character, and it did not feel as though it did that.  I think that removing the slots is one way to fix it that is ok and fairly easy, but if you could rework the minors in a way that made the ones that took passive slots be more impactful and change/introduce more minors that are like elven eyes or reaper and don't require a passive slot but offer just stats or small buffs this seems ideal to me.  I figure the non passive slot minors should be scaled to be somewhere in the range of 2 points in your talent tree, maybe more, and then the ones requiring a passive slot have more character altering role defining effects.  maybe they give access to a weapon your class otherwise couldnt use, or armor, or a passive that added utility.  Spirit whip is a good example as it makes you capable of doing different fun things potentially not available to your class.   maybe you put a glider, or repelling rope, or some sort of purely utility active ability on one that is useful and changes your characters play but not in an explicitly combat way.  It can help to facilitate more dynamic environment play.  I think you can do lots of fun things to make characters unique with minors.  The majors are almost like a promotion class in a sense and offer a set of things, the minors can then offer these small nuanced tweaks.

-The Legion shall forever be reborn

qliewl5.png