Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alex_Kolinz

Trade between players...

Posted (edited)

Hello! A question about trade between players.
Will the current system with traders be reviewed? Now there are very few slots for trading shops, all players are lacking. There are also not honest players who specifically occupy many slots with one character (especially a slice of Russians). Will a classic auction system be implemented, for example?

Edited by Alex_Kolinz

Something does need to be done. They can start by limiting vendors to one per account in each world. Some people will just use multiple accounts, but it's a start. 

I would also suggest changes to the cost. Maybe make it have a large upfront cost, and after a certain amount of time, it expires and the vendor and any remaining items are sent to your bank. Maybe you have a wait a certain amount of time before you can place a vendor again. 

Project: Gorgon has a vendor system where you rent a vendor and each day, the cost of the vendor goes up. Eventually it becomes prohibitive to afford, as the cost will outweigh any profit you make from the sales. So you will have to give up the vendor at some point, but your daily cost doesn't go down immediately. Each day you aren't renting a vendor, the cost decrements. Something like that might work.

There's also EKs where we can place vendors. Unfortunately, they aren't likely to get much traffic now that vendors are in the GR and Campaign worlds. Hopefully ACE can find a way to make EKs relevant again. Being able to provide crafting buffs would be one way to do it. How about an NPC that can only be placed in player built cities (EK or Dregs) that gives the leadership buff if you have it trained? That way you don't actually have to stand around and group with people to give them the buff. There are also the relics and artifacts first mentioned in the kickstarter. They could be another way to provide buffs for players while in the EK. 

5 hours ago, Arkade said:

Something does need to be done. They can start by limiting vendors to one per account in each world. Some people will just use multiple accounts, but it's a start. 

I would also suggest changes to the cost. Maybe make it have a large upfront cost, and after a certain amount of time, it expires and the vendor and any remaining items are sent to your bank. Maybe you have a wait a certain amount of time before you can place a vendor again. 

Project: Gorgon has a vendor system where you rent a vendor and each day, the cost of the vendor goes up. Eventually it becomes prohibitive to afford, as the cost will outweigh any profit you make from the sales. So you will have to give up the vendor at some point, but your daily cost doesn't go down immediately. Each day you aren't renting a vendor, the cost decrements. Something like that might work.

There's also EKs where we can place vendors. Unfortunately, they aren't likely to get much traffic now that vendors are in the GR and Campaign worlds. Hopefully ACE can find a way to make EKs relevant again. Being able to provide crafting buffs would be one way to do it. How about an NPC that can only be placed in player built cities (EK or Dregs) that gives the leadership buff if you have it trained? That way you don't actually have to stand around and group with people to give them the buff. There are also the relics and artifacts first mentioned in the kickstarter. They could be another way to provide buffs for players while in the EK. 

Guild limits would be better than individual limits for GR in my opinion. 

Many guilds could fill all the booths with just one account per member.

39 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Guild limits would be better than individual limits for GR in my opinion. 

Many guilds could fill all the booths with just one account per member.

Do both then. All of the 4G players taking a dozen vendor spots each aren't in the same guild. And if there are scaling costs, then maybe people won't use them as storage, and vendor spots will open up more often.

I’d like to see us return to the use of EKs for setting up markets. While the vendors in the temples are certainly convenient, I enjoyed seeing the various EKs other players constructed and those EKs which had multiple vendors and useful markets became well known. Why not do guild markets in EKs? I don’t understand why the switch was made. 

7 minutes ago, Adrienne said:

I’d like to see us return to the use of EKs for setting up markets. While the vendors in the temples are certainly convenient, I enjoyed seeing the various EKs other players constructed and those EKs which had multiple vendors and useful markets became well known. Why not do guild markets in EKs? I don’t understand why the switch was made. 

Agreed. I miss EK market towns.

I could see a need for vendors in long campaigns with low imports. But I don't think there is any need for the vendors in God's Reach and Infected. EKs can serve that function.

IhhQKY6.gif

Even if vendors are removed from the God's Reach worlds, I think you'll still have issues in the faction based campaigns. In the Dregs, it won't be as much of an issue since many people will set up vendors in their own cities, but there will still be a need for general vendors. Many players won't have a city in which to place a vendor.

Unfortunately, every solution I think of, I can think of a way it can be easily abused.

I can hardly imagine how, with the online 1000 people, after the release of the game, there will be trade between all these people ...
Probably the developers need to take care of this in advance. There is something to trade in the game, there are a lot of slots for things to be sold.
I believe that we need a full-fledged centralized market, similar to an auction as if it were suddenly projects ... for example, in GW 2, an excellent auction, or in an aion, or in BNS

I hope the developers listen to the opinion of the community :)

For Crowfall the goal was trade based around communities of players - friends, guilds, factions, alliances, marketplaces. If they added a centralized, universal Auction House the economics would no longer be connected to community. Some of the systems we have are not fully working yet, or need to be developed more (like how to deal with available vendor slots, how to make marketplace EKs stay open and easy to find, etc).

tiPrpwh.png

2 hours ago, miraluna said:

For Crowfall the goal was trade based around communities of players - friends, guilds, factions, alliances, marketplaces. If they added a centralized, universal Auction House the economics would no longer be connected to community. Some of the systems we have are not fully working yet, or need to be developed more (like how to deal with available vendor slots, how to make marketplace EKs stay open and easy to find, etc).

I Agree, but the game needs something, anything by alpha. I wouldn't mind independent localized auction houses, since having a way to trade between worlds seems wrong.