Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oneply

Survey Comments

Just took the survey. 

Why ask us how likely we are to play a game mode (dregs) that isn’t implemented and we have little information about? How are we supposed to give meaningful feedback. I literally selected 4 on every one of the dregs questions.

You honestly don't already know whether you will prefer Dregs over 3 Faction campaigns?  Sounds like you gave the right response then.

I've known I'd switch away from Faction campaigns ASAP ever since Kickstarter, and I think a lot of people are in the same boat.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

7 minutes ago, Jah said:

You honestly don't already know whether you will prefer Dregs over 3 Faction campaigns?  Sounds like you gave the right response then.

I've known I'd switch away from Faction campaigns ASAP ever since Kickstarter, and I think a lot of people are in the same boat.

What if it’s poorly implemented? What if uncle bob is too easy to achieve? What if there is no place for small guilds? I could keep going with what if questions cause we don’t really know. Only assumptions and hopes.

Im all for target rich environments, so hopefully dregs is the place to be. But I suspect it will be mostly Zerg PvP. 

2 minutes ago, oneply said:

What if it’s poorly implemented? What if uncle bob is too easy to achieve? What if there is no place for small guilds? I could keep going with what if questions cause we don’t really know. Only assumptions and hopes.

Im all for target rich environments, so hopefully dregs is the place to be. But I suspect it will be mostly Zerg PvP. 

If Dregs is somehow worse than 3 Faction campaigns, I'll probably find some other game.

Dregs or bust.

IhhQKY6.gif

37 minutes ago, oneply said:

What if there is no place for small guilds? 

What do you define as a small guild?  10? 20? The dregs, if it’s like SB, will be exceedingly difficult for small guilds who want to play on their own.  If you want to stay small then you better make multiple strong alliances and you better prepared to never win a campaign (and winning will matter).  If CF dregs mirrors the ffa servers from Sb if you’re not willing to do anything to win you won win Bc somebody else always will be willing to cross any line and do anything to secure victory. 

34 minutes ago, Jah said:

If Dregs is somehow worse than 3 Faction campaigns, I'll probably find some other game.

Dregs or bust.

That’s what I imagine most the backers think.  For me, there’s better RvRvR games out there and dregs is my ideal system.  I’m down to wait and let them fix whatever abomination gets pushed out but once they launch dregs they are giving them selves a count down where every month it’s not working right more people write CF off.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Regarding the questions dealing with preferred time between campaigns and what world bands we'd play during and between campaigns: that would largely depend on us getting notice of upcoming the campaign(s).

With notice of campaign start, duration & special rules, we can review our logistic situation, decide what crafting & farming needs doing, and how long we can afford to stand down.

How long is a good break? That's really going to depend on how long the campaign was, as well as how hard fought the campaign was. A week off after a hard fought 3 months may be too short. After 2 weeks of light opposition, that same week would be too long.

Most of our down time farming would probably be in the Infected, but given a longer break from dregs, I would expect a short move to factions to wave the recruitment flag.

Edited by VaMei

1 hour ago, oneply said:

Why ask us how likely we are to play a game mode (dregs) that isn’t implemented and we have little information about? How are we supposed to give meaningful feedback.

They said to refer back to the notes about the different worlds when answering questions. I used those guidelines to help me make choices.

6 hours ago, oneply said:

I've yet to see anything that thwarts uncle bob much more then any other game. Campaigns end and there are import restrictions, that's about it. 

Small guilds will always have a place but I highly doubt small guilds will achieve greatness on their own. Which is how it should be. However their proposed reward systems might allow smaller guilds or even individuals to reap some rewards, but numbers will likely always rule.

Open world PVP is home to the Zerg. Like uncle bob, I haven't seen anything that will keep this down more then any other game. Besides maybe poor performance and the literally inability to zerg because the servers will melt.

I don't see it being poorly implemented in of itself, but the greater design as whole doesn't seem to be the magic bullet they somewhat promised at the start to fix the issues of similar past games. Uncle Bob, Zergs, Grinding will weigh heavily on outcomes.

As a non-native speaker I found it quite hard to follow the questions. Huh, didn't I just answer that? Click back, click forward. Oh, right, this little different meaning. Next question, uh, huh? Click back click back click back, oh, right. Click forward click ... no wait, click back, ...

But maybe I'm just getting old. ;)

Apart from that, thanks for asking. :)

8 hours ago, Kraahk said:

As a non-native speaker I found it quite hard to follow the questions. Huh, didn't I just answer that? Click back, click forward. Oh, right, this little different meaning. Next question, uh, huh? Click back click back click back, oh, right. Click forward click ... no wait, click back, ...

As a native speaker I found the survey to be very hard to follow. Like you, I had to go back and forth as well. 

I wanted to let ya'll know that DebySue is carefully combing through the survey results. Your responses have been very helpful and we appreciate the time you spent sharing your feedback with us. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community