Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oneply

Population spread

As others have said in other threads, between GR (joveth), infected, and cw the population is too spread out. Multiple times I’ve seen 4-6x the people in GR over cw and infected combined, trials or not. Should put a level cap or something on GR so people have to go into cw or infected to finish leveling. I would suggest 24 or lower. Also remove all resources/reduce to common only, remove war tribe bosses from GR, and limit dropped gear to green or lower. Additionally remove the min level requirement for infected and make it so only blues or lower drop. The idea should to incentivize players to play in cw beyond circle standing and keep fights. 

"Forcing" people to play a mode they don't want will likely not go over well. Large part of why I backed them was the plan to have multiple ways to play as rarely is it one size fits all. If people wanted to play XYZ, they would be. If ACE wanted players to play/test one option more then another, they'd simply not have them all going at once.

We are at a point where they are trying out different options while the population is tiny and the result is what it is.

They announced a big update and total wipe months in advance so likely the pop will remain the same or even drop until then.

The next update brings the incentives to do things besides circle stand and keep fight.

I'd rather they just copy over the TEST server stuff to LIVE and let everyone have unlimited access to making/creating whatever they want and just enjoy it while it lasts.

I believe the issue with the GR worlds is that they are still working on separating the mob rank from the resource rank. Currently, I think they are tied together, and rank 8 mobs are needed in the GR worlds so people can level to 30. Once that gets sorted out, I would expect to see the resource ranks in the GR worlds reduced.

Another thing to consider is that a lot of people craft in the GR worlds. Given the import and export limits, and the relatively short duration of the campaigns, it makes little sense to import crafting gear just so you can export again 2 weeks later. It's easier to just export whatever resources you need and do all your crafting in GR. If you want the keep buff, you can get that in the infected.

I play in all 3 bands at any given time based on what I'm trying to accomplish. I mostly spend my time in the campaigns harvesting.

Lastly, there really is no incentive to win the campaigns. I couldn't care less if I get a gold or silver badge, and that isn't even a reward this time. When campaigns are longer and more meaningful, then you will see more people playing them.

There is no content to be had in campaign worlds because of the half-baked siege timer system and high level resources spread out everywhere in numerous supply.

And even then, the resource levels are high enough in Infected that I personally see no need to bother harvesting in campaign world.

So yeah, all the recommendations in the OP are spot on.

On 10/4/2019 at 5:53 AM, Arkade said:

I mostly spend my time in the campaigns harvesting.

Eh, and here I am reliving my fears from many months ago that this game would become a slightly (slightly) prettier looking Minecraft. Oh well, I guess a political throne war similar would really would just be Economics: the Simulator anyway.

Honestly, I was hoping the game would be more centered around PvP and reasons to encourage PvP but so far that doesn't seem to be the case. Honestly, I kind of realized Crowfall probably wouldn't be the game I hoped it would when they added the terrible leveling curve and then allowed it to be done mostly (entirely?) in safe zones. Camelot Unchained at least seems to be leaning more heavily on the PvP side of things, so I still have some hope...

Unfortunately, CU has missed all its timelines just like Crowfall and its ability to even release as a viable product remains just as dubious, so I guess I'll clench my buttcheeks for another year and see what the dice say. 2021 here we come, I guess. There's not much new and fresh out there in the vein of competitive PvP games outside of the heavily monetized stuff owned by questionable companies like Hearthstone, Siege, and League...

And man, when all these stumbling crowd-funded MMORPGs eventually flop I really do think that's going to be the nail for the genre. The next couple of years are looking bleak for any PvP lover hoping for something fresh.

Wearily do I sleep eternity away.

Without fear or haste, on bedding made of solitude and silence.

3 different (4 if you count EK) game modes, massive maps with slow invisible non-jumping mounts, all for 100 people?  Or is it down to 50 now?  Might as well be single-player.

Edited by Ble

On 10/25/2019 at 12:37 AM, Nightmarian said:

Eh, and here I am reliving my fears from many months ago that this game would become a slightly (slightly) prettier looking Minecraft. Oh well, I guess a political throne war similar would really would just be Economics: the Simulator anyway.

Honestly, I was hoping the game would be more centered around PvP and reasons to encourage PvP but so far that doesn't seem to be the case.

I spend most of my time harvesting in the campaigns because crafting is what I like the most. I have no desire to gank noobs and while sieges can be fun, they aren't meaningful at this point in the game. That doesn't mean they will never be meaningful. All you have to do is look at the changes that are coming to see that. 

You're playing an imbalanced, underpopulated faction war where the outcome doesn't matter. Of course you aren't getting what you wanted. The Dregs is going to be a completely different beast, and populations won't always be this low. 

If the current game isn't to your liking, then wait until 5.110 is pushed to Live and try again.

3 minutes ago, Darksun_ said:

Are we just looking to zerg down harvesters and people farming mobs?

That was certainly one of the selling points of the game. Open world pvp competition over scarce resources.

IhhQKY6.gif

1 minute ago, Jah said:

That was certainly one of the selling points of the game. Open world pvp competition over scarce resources.

Fishing in a barrel isn't fishing.

Zerging down a lone harvester isn't open world PvP competition.

I believe when they add in the rest of the game content this can be revisited. If it's still an issue.

47 minutes ago, Darksun_ said:

Actually, that is a very typical aspect of open world pvp competition. It goes with the territory. Not everyone likes open world pvp, but this game was pitched at people who do.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

43 minutes ago, Darksun_ said:

I believe when they add in the rest of the game content this can be revisited. If it's still an issue.

It’s not a solo game.  If you’re playing solo and losing then you’re choosing to put yourself at a disadvantage and then complaining about being at a disadvantage.  You can’t solo harvest mother loads.  You can’t solo craft gear (people use alts to circumvent this need for other people).  Why should you be able to PvP solo against a group and win??

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

3 hours ago, Darksun_ said:

what do you consider a zerg when solo harvesting

hoayaga2.jpg

22 minutes ago, Staff said:

Any number. 

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

4 hours ago, mandalore said:

It’s not a solo game.  If you’re playing solo and losing then you’re choosing to put yourself at a disadvantage and then complaining about being at a disadvantage.  You can’t solo harvest mother loads.  You can’t solo craft gear (people use alts to circumvent this need for other people).  Why should you be able to PvP solo against a group and win??

Never said it was. Never said "you should be able to PvP solo against a group and win??" Yet another post by you that doesn't add anything to the OP. Just another lame attempt at making up some nonsense. 

Edited by Darksun_

1 hour ago, Staff said:

More trolls...

37 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Any number. 

Good thing you have so many posts. You must be an expert at the game. 

3 minutes ago, Darksun_ said:

Never said it was. Never said "you should be able to PvP solo against a group and win??" Yet another post by you that doesn't add anything to the OP. Just another lame attempt at making up some nonsense. 

I think he misinterpreted you post is all. 

5 hours ago, Darksun_ said:

For some people it is.

2 hours ago, Darksun_ said:

More trolls...

Good thing you have so many posts. You must be an expert at the game. 

Ad hominem is my favorite type of reply.  

wiDfyPp.png