Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Pann

ACE Q&A for October - Official discussion thread

This is the first Q&A I've seen, since I just recently bought the game, and it was really cool; you guys do this better than you seem to think.

The passive changes to disciplines sounds great, and it's great to see that you already have a balance pass to classes and disciplines scheduled for later on.

Besides that, props on the "this is a testing enviorment, hold up a little and let us make progress towards release" attitude. It's the right mindset imo.

Great job on the Q&A!   2 pieces of feedback if they are useful.  

1. When announcing the campaigns I get that it would be a nightmare to list all the uptimes but maybe list one time so that extrapolation on when it might start is possible.( Really minutia but I I'd love it if you did😁) .

2. Coleman is on the right path in trying to beat it into everyone's head that we are testing a game and I'm incredibly thankful for the feature freeze and focusing on the next build of the game.  I just wonder if more patience might be pragmatic.  I 100% get why it's annoying to answer the same question multiple Q&As in a row, specifically referencing the vendors question.   I respected that it was just like an oh this bull**** again moment for those following.  I looked for some feedback on it anectodally from my guild and most of the new eyes to the Q&A found it off-putting. 

I really appreciate the time you take to keep us in the loop and share your thoughts and address some of the concerns the community is having!!!! 

-The Legion shall forever be reborn

qliewl5.png

I was disappointed that there doesn't seem to be much hope surrounding guild banks - or something of the sort.

-Draconic Warlords, Usual Suspects, Freaks of Nature, Disturbed Forces, The Hate Crew, TSCCC-

1 hour ago, hurt said:

I was disappointed that there doesn't seem to be much hope surrounding guild banks - or something of the sort.

You're not alone in that. Guild storage has been a bane of our existence for a very long time and even some of the weird work around solutions we had previously just don't really work now and were inconvenient at best.

C4sIZDW.gif

3 hours ago, hurt said:

If I'm not mistaken they aknowledged that it was an issue and that their "fix" didn't actually work and that they'll adress it in the future... I can totally see why that's a big issue, but I at least rather see them work towards releasing the game than hotfixing such a problem.

FYI - After the stream, I chatted with Blair about doing a write-up on the Discipline changes. He's in the middle of some high-priority work this week, but hopes to have a first draft done sometime next week. Stay tuned for that! 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

30 minutes ago, Sadic said:

If I'm not mistaken they aknowledged that it was an issue and that their "fix" didn't actually work and that they'll adress it in the future... I can totally see why that's a big issue, but I at least rather see them work towards releasing the game than hotfixing such a problem.

Guild banks are essential for release. They need to be finished well before launch. It’s a GvG/RvR game. 

49 minutes ago, oneply said:

Guild banks are essential for release. They need to be finished well before launch. It’s a GvG/RvR game. 

Yes, no doubt about it. That doesn't mean they need to adress them NOW.

1 hour ago, oneply said:

I hope to see guild banks or some major work done with inventory to facilitate guild banks in 5.110 Lets be honest here, any system not in 5.110 has much less chance to make launch, hopefully this feature will make the cut.

17 hours ago, Sadic said:

Yes, no doubt about it. That doesn't mean they need to adress them NOW.

I mean, we're looking at February so I'm not sure it is a "now" kind of thing. I can tell you from the perspective of a mid sized guild that it really should be higher priority than it feels like it is being set at.

Ignoring the person count just required for crafting, right now you have to store your resources/components directly on an account that one person can access. This means that that person needs to be on to be able to access any of those resources. From a crafting stance, this also means you need to have people who own crafters to be on as well. Making a runic book for a confessor requires at least 5 crafters(Wood, Blacksmith, Runecrafter, Leatherworker, and the Jewelcrafter). You can bypass pieces of this by having multiple accounts(which several of us do) but it still requires a lot of time moving things around and logging in and out as well as making sure the correct people are on at the same time/working out transferring things through others.

Winterblades did have a work around for a long while that did give us a shared storage of sorts in the EK. We used to use cairns for storing all of our pooled resources that could easily be accessed by jumping into the EK and dropping off resources or picking them up.The reason this does not work anymore is because the time out on logging people out also impacts EKs so we do not have a very reliable way to keep the EK open anymore.

Also while this "guild storage" option worked, it had its risks and drained time every couple of days. That is because cairns disappear after 3 days so if you don't reset the cairns, you lose everything that was in that cairn when it went poof. So every 2-2.5 days, we would have to reset them. If it was just a person or two resetting them, this could take an hour or more depending on how many cairns there were(the increased respawn time also impacts EKs making this worse). I think at our max, we had something like 30-40 cairns that we had to cycle every couple of days to make sure we were not losing large amounts of resources. 

Ultimately we had to drop this method once characters timing out in EKs because we couldn't keep it reliably open.

The end result is a lot of man hours spent trying to just manage, move and store resources. Yes, we can make some things work as a fill in option but they are an extreme pain to deal with and really only have got worse. If we're wanting 5.110 to get a lot of people looking at the game again and build interest, having something in place to alleviate some of the time drain/frustration with resource/material storage would be be a very good idea.

C4sIZDW.gif

1 hour ago, Phylor.the.Jester said:

I mean, we're looking at February so I'm not sure it is a "now" kind of thing. I can tell you from the perspective of a mid sized guild that it really should be higher priority than it feels like it is being set at.

I get the frustration, but I don't think it's something they consider low priority. The subject has come up in seemingly every Q&A for the last 6 months. My understanding is that they are waiting on engineering to make it work. Maybe that means it will be ready for 5.110 and maybe not. Fingers crossed.

23 minutes ago, Arkade said:

I get the frustration, but I don't think it's something they consider low priority. The subject has come up in seemingly every Q&A for the last 6 months. My understanding is that they are waiting on engineering to make it work. Maybe that means it will be ready for 5.110 and maybe not. Fingers crossed.

I didn't say that it was something they consider low priority. I said it is something that I think should be considered a higher priority than it seems to be.

Maybe it is a higher priority but it really hasn't seemed like it other than an offhand mention here and there. Best I can do is hope attention is given to it.

Edited by Phylor.the.Jester

C4sIZDW.gif

Bag space management and the EK log out timers made me stop running the Lawn and stop really following Crowfall or playing daily. 

I still check in every 10ish days or so. Or when I am bored.