Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Passives and minor discs.

Deernado

The dev's announced in a future build, passives will no longer need slots. All your available passives will be active for their appropriate trays (survival, melee, etc).

The dev's also mentioned wanting to create a system similiar to D&D feats.

My suggestions are:

1) Give a bonus passive or stat based on the combination of minor discs selected.

For example, if I slotted Sturdy, Overwhelming Odds and Matching Plate, I'd get a new bonus called "Defender" and could choose between a raw stat increase or a passive bonus to mitigation or barriers, etc.

It would be nice if we could be given options to choose from as some specs and vessels may need some benefits over others.

This would help prevent people from picking the same minors, by giving different outcomes based on the combos of 3 slotted.

2) Add more utility passives from minor discs

For example:

A minor disc which has a passive that increases range by 5m.

A minor disc which increases barriers by 100.

A minor disc which increases group members mitigations when they are within 20 meters.

A minor disc that grants a healing class, a ranged damage ability.

A minor disc that grants a non healer class a minor heal. 

Edited by Deernado

Until they go back through the minor disciplines, 5.11 will guarantee all players will have Sturdy and Overwhelming odds selected. The 3rd minor will vary.

Yeah, agree @Audin Not sure their idea of baking all passive into the player reduces the potency of already preferred minors, since now even more power is compounded including traits that are also really strong still.

Would be nice if they just brought back the banes/boon system to the design of minors so that there could be significant and impactful choices to make regardless of getting all passives. Maybe Humans and Half-Elves could could nullify one of their "banes" as part of the human versatility theme /shrug

@DeernadoI like your idea of stacking similar disciplines as a way to generate a new effect. My only concern would be how does that keep the minors unique? If they are more about their combine effect than their standalone effects my fear would be the potential homogenization of the granular options that exist now.

Edited by Lightsig

14 hours ago, Lightsig said:

Would be nice if they just brought back the banes/boon system to the design of minors so that there could be significant and impactful choices to make regardless of getting all passives. Maybe Humans and Half-Elves could could nullify one of their "banes" as part of the human versatility theme /shrug

@DeernadoI like your idea of stacking similar disciplines as a way to generate a new effect. My only concern would be how does that keep the minors unique? If they are more about their combine effect than their standalone effects my fear would be the potential homogenization of the granular options that exist now.

I hope they can keep advantages and disadvantages separate from minors, having it at character creation like initially intended.
I do like the idea of humans and half elves being able to nullify one, or it could even be as simple as just giving them more points to take advantages at creation.

I also like the idea of stacking minors for new effects, but share the same concern.
However his second idea of minor utility buffs works too, although it's a bit more boring.

231e101d88.jpg