Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kalannar

Extra Experimentation point at Keeps

Recommended Posts

People say you get an extra experimentation point at the keeps.  Do you get it at forts too or just keeps?  And is it given in the infected or just campaign world?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's just keeps, and yes, in both infected and campaign worlds. However, the buff doesn't work for the alchemy and runemaking tables, at least in the infected. Not sure about in the campaigns.

The buff gives you +2 to the pip cap and +1 pips.

You can also get +1 pips from Sumptuous Pot Pie.

Edited by Arkade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arkade said:

I think it's just keeps, and yes, in both infected and campaign worlds. However, the buff doesn't work for the alchemy and runemaking tables, at least in the infected. Not sure about in the campaigns.

The buff gives you +2 to the pip cap and +1 pips.

You can also get +1 pips from Sumptuous Pot Pie.

The runemaking and alchemy tables do not give a thrall buff in any keep, campaign or infected. They never have for some reason. Have never been certain if that is a bug or not.


C4sIZDW.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Phylor.the.Jester said:

The runemaking and alchemy tables do not give a thrall buff in any keep, campaign or infected. They never have for some reason. Have never been certain if that is a bug or not.

I think they don't like these professions because there are no racial bonus for them either. Or maybe they just forgot them. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Extintor said:

I think they don't like these professions because there are no racial bonus for them either. Or maybe they just forgot them. :)

Alchemy and Runemaking both use Intelligence for pips, so you don't have to divide your points between 2 attributes (assembly is dex, but assembly is easy to max out without putting attribute points into dex).

For alchemy, you really don't need more than 10 pips. The only things you can make where experimentation matters are toxins and philosopher's stones, and both only have 1 experimentation track that matters. If you make a philo stone with a mix of attributes, maybe there is a separate track for each attribute. I'm not sure on that. But there's really no reason to craft them that way. You can always create the stone as a single attribute and then add points to other attributes as you level up.

For runemaking, yes, the extra pip would be nice. You can make very high damage tools with only 10 pips, but if you want the high damage and the high stats (gem chance, mineral chance, etc.) then you need up to 20 pips. 15 pips is fine for specialty seals with crafting stats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Arkade said:

Alchemy and Runemaking both use Intelligence for pips, so you don't have to divide your points between 2 attributes (assembly is dex, but assembly is easy to max out without putting attribute points into dex).

For alchemy, you really don't need more than 10 pips. The only things you can make where experimentation matters are toxins and philosopher's stones, and both only have 1 experimentation track that matters. If you make a philo stone with a mix of attributes, maybe there is a separate track for each attribute. I'm not sure on that. But there's really no reason to craft them that way. You can always create the stone as a single attribute and then add points to other attributes as you level up.

For runemaking, yes, the extra pip would be nice. You can make very high damage tools with only 10 pips, but if you want the high damage and the high stats (gem chance, mineral chance, etc.) then you need up to 20 pips. 15 pips is fine for specialty seals with crafting stats. 

 

The catch on this reasoning is that JC does get a Thrall buff and also is very easy to max assembly due to being dex based.

That being said, that is what I would guess the simpler estimation paths is the reason as well. JC does provide an obvious example that is counter to this theory though.

Alchemy does matter quite a bit with split stat philo stones making it not a good idea to do those. I wouldn't use that as reasoning though for why there isn't a thrall buff or justification for not doing split stat stones. This actually does narrow your choices and not for a great reason.


C4sIZDW.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Arkade said:

Alchemy and Runemaking both use Intelligence for pips, so you don't have to divide your points between 2 attributes (assembly is dex, but assembly is easy to max out without putting attribute points into dex).

Just like necromancy, I think ... Anyway, only ACE knows the reasons. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Phylor.the.Jester said:

 

The catch on this reasoning is that JC does get a Thrall buff and also is very easy to max assembly due to being dex based.

That being said, that is what I would guess the simpler estimation paths is the reason as well. JC does provide an obvious example that is counter to this theory though.

Alchemy does matter quite a bit with split stat philo stones making it not a good idea to do those. I wouldn't use that as reasoning though for why there isn't a thrall buff or justification for not doing split stat stones. This actually does narrow your choices and not for a great reason.

I wasn't trying to justify it. There should absolutely be buffs on those stations. Just pointing out that it isn't that big of a deal.

BTW, I tested and using 2 different attributes to make a stone does result in 2 different experimentation tracks, so 20 points would be ideal if you intend to do 2 attributes. I'm not sure that makes sense, though. Doing 3 or 4 different attributes would be counterproductive because we'd never have enough pips to fully experiment all of them.

2 hours ago, Extintor said:

Just like necromancy, I think ... Anyway, only ACE knows the reasons. :)

The Necromancy buff works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I agree that doing additional beyond 2 would not be the best idea. It just does limit you even on two lines.

Ultimately, it is just a little strange that they don't have it. I know initially we thought it was a bug where nothing in the house outside the keep got the thrall buffs but that is broken by the fact that the necro table does have the thrall buff.

Inconsistencies all around!


C4sIZDW.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Arkade said:

The Necromancy buff works.

That''s my point. Necromancy uses intelligence for pips too but it has racial bonus and thrall bonus. But as I said, only ACE knows if there's a reason for the diferences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...