Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dasile

Game released or still in Beta?

Whatever you call it doesn't really matter does it?

What matters is that it's a playable game as its is, even though there are a number of developments yet to be made and to be tested. Supposedly that is scheduled some time for early 2020, January or February. That will go along with a general wipe.

4 hours ago, dasile said:

Just as the header says, is the game still in beta or has it gone live yet?

Welcome back ... again. ;)

I think we are all tired about guessing when launch will happen ... including the developers. :D

However, here's the current state:

There is already a 24/7 LIVE server (download here) with the testing environment. Accessible for all Backers with Beta-3 access or higher (which is actually everybody who bought any game bundle).

The last missing links to close the game circle (mounts, caravans, refineries, guild vs. guild and some others) are currently in their final development stage and scheduled to enter the live environment in January/February 2020. This will put Crowfall into Alpha state (looking if all the parts of the game fit together or need changes) and then Beta (fine-tuning).

This basically means that we will have something we could call a full game in the first quarter of 2020. Official launch (and last reset) maybe end of 2020.

During the current year a lot of things have been implemented or changed. Since you already do have access, I would suggest to log in and take a look for yourself to be up to date. Most things you see ingame will stay this way now. Here is a short description how to get yourself combat ready as fast as possible, for those who haven't played yet (or this year).

Have fun, good luck and see you later. ;)
Kraahk

How's performance now in large fights? Any optimization work done yet or is that being saved for the polish planned for early next year?

Wearily do I sleep eternity away.

Without fear or haste, on bedding made of solitude and silence.

1 hour ago, Nightmarian said:

How's performance now in large fights? Any optimization work done yet or is that being saved for the polish planned for early next year?

Work has been done but has a ways to go. Also depends on what you consider large. Not sure enough players actually log in at all, especially at once, to really test fully. Don't see it matching what older games or upcoming games have managed.

33 minutes ago, APE said:

Work has been done but has a ways to go. Also depends on what you consider large. Not sure enough players actually log in at all, especially at once, to really test fully. Don't see it matching what older games or upcoming games have managed.

Thanks for the reply. I guess the second point is a bigger problem. I've only been dipping my toes myself due to various issues, but I was hoping things would be ramping up with the reward campaigns and all. Ah well.

Wearily do I sleep eternity away.

Without fear or haste, on bedding made of solitude and silence.

2 minutes ago, Nightmarian said:

Thanks for the reply. I guess the second point is a bigger problem. I've only been dipping my toes myself due to various issues, but I was hoping things would be ramping up with the reward campaigns and all. Ah well.

A while back sieges were bringing in enough to actually cap maps with 100 players and then I believe they raised it to at least 150. However, that didn't last too long and the population has decreased or at least split. There are 4-5 servers which split the small population. God's Reach, Infected, NA & EU Campaigns, and Test if it ever goes up. Seems like they've stopped campaign rewards for a particular faction and with the next milestone/full wipe coming early next year I doubt the numbers will increase or even stay what they are until then. Pretty much just treading water until then.