Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arkade

Noob Crafting Guide

I'm putting together a Wiki with anything and everything I can think of regarding crafting in Crowfall. This Wiki will be both fact and opinion based on my experiences as a crafter.

Part of the Wiki is a guide for noobs:

https://murderinc.guildtag.com/wiki/noob-crafting-guide/

This isn't meant to teach you how to craft. It's more meant as a guide to teach you how to progress as a crafter, and show you the types of things you will need to do besides just watch your passive points accumulate. For details about the crafting process itself, check out the other Wiki pages.

This is still very much a work in progress. Not all pages are complete. If you find any mistakes or omissions, or anything you think can be done better, let me know.

What are the most needed crafting trees to train?  Seems like if you can pick up crafted armor and weapons off of R8 mobs then those skills arent as necessary as some of the other skill trees.

On 12/18/2019 at 4:08 PM, Zolaz said:

What are the most needed crafting trees to train?  Seems like if you can pick up crafted armor and weapons off of R8 mobs then those skills arent as necessary as some of the other skill trees.

The armor and weapons that you get from mobs are nice, and have some stats you can't currently get on crafted gear, but the high end crafted stuff is still better. And you can't get crafting/harvesting armor from mobs.

All of the crafting trees are important except for Stonemasonry (that should change in the future), but I would put Runemaking and Blacksmithing at the top of the list. Runemaking because in addition to tools, you can also make specialty seals, which are needed to make crafting/harvesting armor. Blacksmithing simply has the most useful recipes as it includes the majority of the armor and weapons.

But as I said, they are all useful with the exception of Stonemasonry, which currently doesn't have anything that you can experiment on. The only things you would need training for is for creating parcels, buildings and the associated subcomponents, but for those, you just need to raise your assembly stat. The quality of the parcels/buildings/subcomponents doesn't matter, but crafting these things requires a lot of combines and you will need stacks of subcomponents, so if you get a significant amount of assembly failures, you can end up with a lot of wasted time and resources. Try making 5 soil to upgrade a parcel, without any training in stonemasonry, and you'll see what I mean.

I know this will probably change very soon, but at the bottom of the article you describe how to train in the crafting trees. Do you train the all the way through in that order(1 then 3 then 2) or do you switch to the next switch branches once you have hit the next point tier? So once you complete the 15k point training  in one branch do you switch to the next branch and do it's 15k training, or do you stay and go to the higher point training in the same branch? 

Very nice guide for a fellow gatherer/crafter(still like the pvp though!). Excellent information!

2 hours ago, Doomshadow said:

I know this will probably change very soon, but at the bottom of the article you describe how to train in the crafting trees. Do you train the all the way through in that order(1 then 3 then 2) or do you switch to the next switch branches once you have hit the next point tier? So once you complete the 15k point training  in one branch do you switch to the next branch and do it's 15k training, or do you stay and go to the higher point training in the same branch? 

Very nice guide for a fellow gatherer/crafter(still like the pvp though!). Excellent information!

I normally train the entirety of branch 1 first, then the entirety of branch 3, then branch 2 and finally the mastery node. If you need the assembly stats, then train the first node of the 2nd and 3rd branches first. That will get you an extra 10 and reduce your assembly failures.

I'm planning to document my progression after the wipe, so I'll try to refine the strategy.