Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Yumx

The Guineceans of Vanguard - Go Broke or Go Home!

Sometimes things has to be scaled up for people to notice.
In this video we showcase the effect of stacking 1 class on our players, and firing away AoE powers at the same time.

This took about 3 weeks to prepare, to craft vessels, gear, jewelry and testing.

For people who don't understand, AoE powers goes through buildings, that goes for both healing and dps powers.

Thank you to @DrakanoWOW for letting me use his stream clips, check him out he's an awesome dude:
DRAKANO STREAM LINK

Want to talk to us? Join our Discord!: https://discord.gg/YT8fE64

Do you want to see our recruitment thread?:
https://community.crowfall.com/topic/25251-v-vanguard-eu/

Edited by Yumx

pJ5xyok.png
My Twitch - My Youtube - Apply to Vanguard HERE!

A sad example of having fun at the expense of others by using mechanics that are blatantly unintended. I would take it down as it's more of bad press for Crowfall then of any use.

Edited by KDSProm

Gen. Prom
Guild Leader of KDS
Recruitment Post - Guild Recruiting and Management - #warstory
Visit us at www.kdsguild.org

11 minutes ago, KDSProm said:

A sad example of having fun at the expense of others by using mechanics that are blatantly unintended. I would take it down as it's more of bad press for Crowfall then of any use.

I really don't understand how a video showing organized players having fun killing other players can hurt a PVP (pre-alpha?)game. I had fun watching it way more than watching several boring video out there with same music and boring encounters. 😃

GJ @Yumx and V, Thumbs up!

33 minutes ago, Medicaid said:

whats unintended, that AOE goes thru walls?  

In the capacity that we see here ... should it?  Should this be 'working as intended' in our minds, or in the Devs minds, when also considering the view point of potential players looking in for the first time?   It does look like an exploit to those that have not played much.  If I were on my warden though, I know that my group alertness would have been, at the least, a lot of help to us (in this situation)... or at least the mudman discipline. 

Should large walls like this, that seemingly help hide the predator more than anything else, offer no barrier or protection from AOE's that do not come from a viable or logical direction?  Me personally, as having been a victim here in this video, have honestly not decided one way or the other... but I am worried about the appearances and the effect it will have if it remains as is.  It may be too hard to change, from a game design and current build standpoint?  

Edited by Silkhe

3 minutes ago, Medicaid said:

maybe at the same time they will fix the stormcallers "left click, and go run hide behind a wall" too

There would probably be the same reaction if we all went stormcallers and held LMB on the same targets while running behind objects ..

pJ5xyok.png

2 minutes ago, Yumx said:

There would probably be the same reaction if we all went stormcallers and held LMB on the same targets while running behind objects ..

Would have been worse actually... as the LMB-Stormcaller is simply quite pathetic and it should not even be questioned as to weather or not 'working as intended?', lol  

But it is not a burrowing stealth class either, which in this context is the more interesting dynamic that is being considered regarding this particular attack concept & video.  

2 hours ago, KDSProm said:

If you would just not see everything from your personal position. Probably its not intended to shoot through walls, but it was always like this. I wont count examples on skills on classes which can abuse this. In this video you can see what happens if you multiply the ever existing effect of it, nothing else. Like stated before, its Pre-Alpha and gaming is about fun. You can clearly hear that we have fun doing it. Whats about the fun of the others? Its a PvP-Game with a kind of "full/half-loot"-mechanic. The person which get killed will never be really happy about getting killed, so killing ppl is a problem in itself...I guess PvP-games can never be successful in this case? 

Beside from the actually gamefootage showen, does anyone agree that this is another masterpiece of videoediting? I think that should be mentioned at some point, without all the feelings in the air.

17 minutes ago, Makuza said:

If you would just not see everything from your personal position. Probably its not intended to shoot through walls, but it was always like this

From your personal perspective, Is this essentially an in-game 'exploit' then?  I only ask because of your own wording... and the way in which your guild went about testing it (during a campaign siege)? 

Logically speaking, most would agree that the 'go for broke' AOE with duelist pistols should not actually shoot completely through the walls of a Keep, as it has just been observed.  

Keep in mind, that I was on the receiving end but still wish to remain objective and fair regarding all the questions and/or issues being raised.  I actually like that this was done in the current pre-alpha + actually made public (as testing should be, before game release) and honestly commend everyone involved in the production of this video... which was certainly well done as mentioned.  

56 minutes ago, Silkhe said:

Logically speaking, most would agree that the 'go for broke' AOE with duelist pistols should not actually shoot completely through the walls of a Keep, as it has just been observed.  

It's not just that power. All AoEs go through walls. Everyone does it. It's been that way for years.

This situation is only unusual because it involves stealth and a spec group all doing the same thing at the same time.

IhhQKY6.gif

1 hour ago, Silkhe said:

From your personal perspective, Is this essentially an in-game 'exploit' then?  I only ask because of your own wording... 

The part about personal perspective was directed to something else.... its not about the squirrelstory here^^

Ya, testing it during a siege is literally the only time with players online. Sadly also NA-Chaos had very less numbers on that day. Thats why we did not step out of the holes on your first attempt to attack the tree of life. But we were close and watching the fight.... the situation on the banetree was pretty much the last chance to pull this setup off against a handfull of ppl, even if we were not needed to secure the defence.

If it gets fixed, even better. Its hard to name it as an exploit; clever use of game mechanics or whatever. Thats also not my job to clarify that. There is a lot of stuff which I would call an exploit, but there was never an actuall statement of the developers about certain things and ppl are doing certain things because they are able to do it and nobody tells them that it is wrong and not intended....yet ppl claim to know what is intended and what not. 

Edited by Makuza

1 hour ago, Silkhe said:

From your personal perspective, Is this essentially an in-game 'exploit' then?  I only ask because of your own wording... and the way in which your guild went about testing it (during a campaign siege)?

It's really an interesting topic, because as of yet, the community have been asking for "zerg busting aoe" or stronger aoe powers, outside of Ballista powers.

This was not meant as an exploit, to harm peoples experience of the game.

We used it in a siege to test it in a real situation (real situation meaning unsuspecting enemies, which you mostly rely on for stealth spec groups).

But we did not use it in a campaign deciding siege, the campaign is already mathematically over, and with no reward, I see no better time to test it.

Had we been actively using to win campaigns over and over, then I can understand people would see it as exploiting.

But we used it for one evening, after preparing for 3 weeks.

Thank you for remaining objective about the situation.

It's generally just sad for me to see such little creativity in the community.

pJ5xyok.png

18 minutes ago, Jah said:

It's not just that power. All AoEs go through walls. Everyone does it. It's been that way for years.

This situation is only unusual because it involves stealth and a spec group all doing the same thing at the same time.

Agreed ... 

In fact I agree with all the points being made in response  (although no idea what was meant by "its not about the squirrelstory here"?)

...and I hope that no one gets too defensive or fails to see the points being made.   For the most part I believe that there should be more of this sort of thing, if done well (honest/fun intentions), and by that I mean not victimizing new players over and over or something to that extreme.  Unfortunately as 'Chaos' we only had one 5-man group on at that Keep (+perhaps some spies wearing 'chaos' as well) when this all began (Saturday 1st siege) so it was a one-sided affair... but not unexpected.  

I think there is no Clear answer if AoE should go through walls or not. I think this depends HOW the AoE is working. If a spell, as an example, Rains from above, it should definitly Damage behind the Wall, but not under the Wall. If an AoE spell work like "Go for Broke" and is a "shot", so a projectile that goes from one point to a flat area, i think a wall should block that. Thats my Objective opinion. I was not Involved in this Video, but have to admit, that i am playing 100% duelist only^^

Sign in to follow this