Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Yumx

The Guineceans of Vanguard - Go Broke or Go Home!

19 minutes ago, Soulreaver said:

Elaborate please?!

hackers could just set the flag to true all the time and everything would be normal

and if u do it server side it uses to much ressources

rUQlYHs.png

Yea, The vid was fun, funny, and well organized

but also points out glaring faults in the current design/build (especially on the receiving end in a keep).  

The open field attack in the vid showcases what this should be capable of better than the walls don't matter / only help us gank examples, imo  

9 hours ago, DravoiX said:

hackers could just set the flag to true all the time and everything would be normal

and if u do it server side it uses to much ressources

I think the optimal solution would be implementing checks on both server and client, but disabling them on server. Then give everyone in-game option to report player for hacks. Once player is reported, server turns on server checks for that specific player for some time. If server gets enough case of client reporting things which should not happen while not having desync issues, than server permabans user with all their accounts for hacking. 
This way server maintains its optimal performance and lets players play Russian roulette with their hacks. I doubt there will be many volunteers in buy-to-play game.  

On 11/4/2019 at 12:59 PM, ComradeAma said:

Then give everyone in-game option to report player for hacks. Once player is reported, server turns on server checks for that specific player for some time. 

Hehehe, I will gain advantage over you in combat by simply reporting you prior to engaging 😛

Sign in to follow this