Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PinkFluffyPanda

Dregs questions/ideas.

Soo Dregs, I thought this was supposed to be a FFA realm? Or did I miss something? Don't get me wrong I think we are all looking forward to Dregs but still I have some suggestions, or at least my take on how I think it should be, to future realm/game mode. 

I would be interested in seeing the following "game mode" and ruleset:

1. It should be a realm where it is FFA, everyone to themselves, 1 map only, maximum 100 players in the zone at the time (the world design and player limits is ofc subject to change depending on current player base)

2. No alliances allowed, if it can be documented that two players have been teaming up/hunting together (by video evidence) these two players should be banned from that realm but ofc still be able to play on other campaigns.

3. Only white vessels with white gear allowed to enter this realm in order to ensure no, or at least the bare minimum, gear or vessel advantage. 

4. The prize should be an item that gives a decent "pvp oriented" stat bonus, the prize you would be able to take with you in all other campaigns, but you cannot use it in the next FFA realm/campaign as that would make the playing field uneven. Prizes should be given to the top 10 finishers at the end of this "campaign" ofc the guy who finishes 1st gets a better prize than the guys finishing 10th place. 

5. Spawn points should be random but when a player enters the world/realm he should be "dropped" at least x amount of distance (I don't know yet what would be a reasonable distance, that's up to the game designers to figure that one out) from the next player on the map, this is to ensure you don't get spawn camped and that you dont an unfair jump on someone simply because you spawned right behind them by coincidence. 

6. You can only die once or twice a day in this realm (this is again depending on current player base and also the length of the campaign) once you die you are out of the realm and may only enter after 24/12 hours, this is partly to ensure people are not "feeding" other players, however should feeding happen the feeding player is to be banned from the realm. 

Anyway this is just one game mode I would love to see, an true FFA mode where only individual skill matters, and everyone is even. 

I'm sure there might be flaws in my suggestion but that's why I'm not a game designer. 

Edited by PinkFluffyPanda

According to the kickstarter you are right. The dregs is ment to be p v p v p.

However during one of the last Q&A livestreams Todd mentioned not doing "The Shadow" which is the guild v guild v guild realm.

None of us know what rules they will use however to go from faction v faction straight to  everyman for themself seems a little extreme of a jump. 

Which leads to the community's guess that dregs will be guild v guild

as far as i understand the last Q&A's it is meant to be Guild vs Guild or Alliance vs Alliance. I don't know how exactly this will work with Alliances but that's what we have to wait for i think.

Your suggestions won't work in practice. A large part of this game is built on cooperative play. City building, sieges, caravans, crafting and harvesting to a degree. If it's every man for himself, what would be the ultimate goal? Just to kill other players? It would basically be an arena match that would last far too long. 

19 hours ago, PinkFluffyPanda said:

Soo Dregs, I thought this was supposed to be a FFA realm?

Problem is they used yet another generic term that can be used multiple ways. Even their use on the Kickstarter page isn't clear. In the same description they mention guilds, alliances, and individuals. Find this annoying.

Alliances between Guilds are weak and brittle. These every-man-for-himself Worlds are deadly and unforgiving 

Considering the strong Shadowbane inspiration and overall coop design, actual FFA 1vX found in a FPS or other genre isn't realistic for this game. If anything it is one of the most coop required games I've seen.

So Dregs is/was intended to be a GvG format that puts control of team size entirely on us while not providing pre-made teams (factions).

However they did make The Hunger Dome early on that would work perfectly for what you suggest as it was a Battle Royale. While it was team based, it could work for individuals just as well. Set the length and victory conditions to individual achievable and there you go.

Since they've already shown they can make this, I wouldn't mind seeing it as yet another option in a game that is supposed to not be afraid to provide options.

Now lets go on to what Full Loot, Friendly Fire, Sandbox, and other words that irk me mean.

18 hours ago, Arkade said:

Your suggestions won't work in practice. A large part of this game is built on cooperative play. City building, sieges, caravans, crafting and harvesting to a degree. If it's every man for himself, what would be the ultimate goal? Just to kill other players? It would basically be an arena match that would last far too long. 

Ultimate goal would be to be the best individual pvp`er basically.

But yeah you are true though, that it would basically be an arena match - just a little bigger, but the length should also not be like several months, i think maybe a week at the time. 

As a lot of my post/suggestions most likely shows, I have spent most of my gaming "career" on playing FPS and MOBAS, think thats why I want this kind of gamemode tbh.

But yeah different people, different choices i guess.

2 hours ago, APE said:

Problem is they used yet another generic term that can be used multiple ways. Even their use on the Kickstarter page isn't clear. In the same description they mention guilds, alliances, and individuals. Find this annoying.

Considering the strong Shadowbane inspiration and overall coop design, actual FFA 1vX found in a FPS or other genre isn't realistic for this game. If anything it is one of the most coop required games I've seen.

So Dregs is/was intended to be a GvG format that puts control of team size entirely on us while not providing pre-made teams (factions).

However they did make The Hunger Dome early on that would work perfectly for what you suggest as it was a Battle Royale. While it was team based, it could work for individuals just as well. Set the length and victory conditions to individual achievable and there you go.

Since they've already shown they can make this, I wouldn't mind seeing it as yet another option in a game that is supposed to not be afraid to provide options.

Now lets go on to what Full Loot, Friendly Fire, Sandbox, and other words that irk me mean.

Lets see what they come up with down the road, but yeah it might not work that well for this game. But then again as you are saying they made The Hunger Dome so a kind of similar gamemode/World/zone could be added in the future, who knows.

Like i said in my reply to Arkade, I have played mostly FPS and MOBAS in my gaming "career" and yeah it kind of shows, I know that. 😂

23 hours ago, PinkFluffyPanda said:

Lets see what they come up with down the road, but yeah it might not work that well for this game. But then again as you are saying they made The Hunger Dome so a kind of similar gamemode/World/zone could be added in the future, who knows.

Like i said in my reply to Arkade, I have played mostly FPS and MOBAS in my gaming "career" and yeah it kind of shows, I know that. 😂

A battle royale or short term campaign mode, even one that just runs 24/7 forever without end, could be fun but I wouldn't want a great deal of resources spent on it. Keep it simple and more of a way to waste time in-between campaigns, when friends aren't online and nothing to do solo, only have a few minutes to burn, etc.

As Crowfall will lack a lot of typical MMO content and the heavy requirement for social play, I can see people logging off, sticking to "safe" campaigns, and doing other things when they can't play a real campaign how they want in the moment. I can see such an option having a place, but not ever becoming something people praise Crowall for or buy the game for.

Currently there is almost zero in the game that will keep me logging in, if the next update doesn't fix that, not much for me to do but look elsewhere. Had similar situation with other MMOs, but guess what they had? Arenas, battlegrounds, dailies and other fluff/content that scratched enough to keep the game installed at least a bit longer.