Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Soulreaver

Tray Switching

Can you -please- remove the function that when you press the try you're in you goto harvest tray?

For example : 

If in Ranged tray (U) and I press (U) I then enter Harvest tray.  It would be really nice if the only way to get to the Harvest tray was (H)… or what ever other hotkey you bind.

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

Yes! That would be great.

I have two more tray-related improvement ideas:

1. It would also be nice if for example as assassin you did not have to go from Combat tray to Harvest tray first in order to go to the Stealth tray.
  2. Please let us assign, or override, key binds to trays per-vessel. The global assignments are not practical when playing different classes that have different trays.

6 hours ago, Soulreaver said:

Can you -please- remove the function that when you press the try you're in you goto harvest tray?

For example : 

If in Ranged tray (U) and I press (U) I then enter Harvest tray.  It would be really nice if the only way to get to the Harvest tray was (H)… or what ever other hotkey you bind.

Maybe a toggle to do so? Iam for example used to only use 2 buttons on a class with ranged+melee tray and dont have an extra hotkey for the survivaltray at all. 

59 minutes ago, Makuza said:

Maybe a toggle to do so? Iam for example used to only use 2 buttons on a class with ranged+melee tray and dont have an extra hotkey for the survivaltray at all. 

This I would prefer as well. 

6 hours ago, Frozengnu said:
  1. It would also be nice if for example as assassin you did not have to go from Combat tray to Harvest tray first in order to go to the Stealth tray.

That's a design choice by the devs though - so people can't just instantly stealth whenever they want.

pJ5xyok.png
My Twitch - My Youtube - Apply to Vanguard HERE!

I'd really like to be able to change a setting so hitting a combat tray key twice would not put me back in survival tray. If I spam my ranged tray key I want to go to ranged tray and stay there.

IhhQKY6.gif

3 hours ago, Yumx said:

That's a design choice by the devs though - so people can't just instantly stealth whenever they want.

That would be easy to fix with a simple transition timer on stealth instead of making the game feel clunky and in general just plss poor design for everyone else.

17 hours ago, Frozengnu said:

Please let us assign, or override, key binds to trays per-vessel. The global assignments are not practical when playing different classes that have different trays.

Quoting myself. What if, instead of possibly complex UI needs etc.. to make this happen, tray was also a button that we could drag to any other tray as we wish. Similarly to what eg. WoW is doing with forms and stances.

That way I could put combat tray to eg. button '4' on my harvest tray. Then on button '4' I had my opener in combat tray and the switch from harvest tray to combat tray and to do attack opener would be just hitting 4 twice.

Then if we so choose we could not bind global tray switch to anything, or maybe bind just harvest tray and other trays were icons in there as harvest tray has room for those extra icons anyway? This would free many hotkeys to do useful things when in that tray.

Some ideas:

1. No global cooldown on tray switch and let powers of new tray be used immediately. It will make melee/range combos smooth, right now you have to press dodge between two skills while tray swapping or just wait (which feels bad).

2. Show new tray as soon as tray key is pressed, there is a significant delay now . Sometimes delay causes confusion if tray swapped or not, you start spamming tray button and may end in harvesting tray with dizzy down.

3. Allow combat > stealth swap, but instead of being instant, make it a channeled power with noticable animation (e.g character model transitions to invisible). Being hit 3 times during animation causes exposed, knockdown and small cd on tray swap. 

4. Reconsider Dizzy Down mechanics. It should serve as punisher to people trying to leave fight, but it hurts people ambushed by stealthers. 

1 hour ago, yianni said:

No harvest tray in 5.110 anyway

new_ui.png

No one with 10 ability slots either so doubt thats a finilized pic

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

8 minutes ago, Soulreaver said:

No one with 10 ability slots either so doubt thats a finilized pic

Well that's just a view of the new UI. Even jtodd didn't confirm or deny that the harvest tray is gone. Which leads me to think it is

3 hours ago, yianni said:

Well that's just a view of the new UI. Even jtodd didn't confirm or deny that the harvest tray is gone. Which leads me to think it is

Sounded more like it’s a special tray that specialized  harvesters get we don’t actually know what the plan is since they were so vague. 

On 11/7/2019 at 1:19 PM, yianni said:

they said you wouldn't see the harvester icon unless they trained skills.

19 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

they said you wouldn't see the harvester icon unless they trained skills.

I think it was a discipline that you need to equip, but regardless, that's just the widget for the Energetic Harvesting pips. 

If they take away the survival tray, then they have to completely change the way in and out of combat works, which will also affect how gear decay works. And then there's stuff like mounts, stealth and recall that can only be done from the survival tray. 

9 hours ago, Arkade said:

If they take away the survival tray, then they have to completely change the way in and out of combat works, which will also affect how gear decay works. And then there's stuff like mounts, stealth and recall that can only be done from the survival tray. 

My take was a total change of survival tray. It could very well be gone in 5.110.

wasn't there a stealth icon added in the sceenshot? I would imagine they don't need mount icon since its not in 5.110. 

Edit: good catch on decay, that must have changed if there is no survival tray.

Edited by mystafyi

4 hours ago, mystafyi said:

My take was a total change of survival tray. It could very well be gone in 5.110.

Perhaps it's gone back to how it used to be.

No survival tray and using tools for harvesting is context sensitive, and combat is activated by just using abilities, OR toggling.

Honestly would eliminate a bit of clunkiness.

231e101d88.jpg