Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Deioth

Test Server Missing Craft Buff Potions?

Didn't the test servers used to have vendor or recipe potions to buff crafting and the like for purpose of testing?  Or am I missing something?  They don't seem to be there.  I want to confirm a few things and I kinda can't like this.

If you're referring to the Potion of Sapho, it is still in the game on both Live and Test.  However, it only increases experimentation caps, so it's not useful for the vast majority of players.

@Pann Would you be able to check into this for us?  Maybe they can reintroduce the potions to the test server?  There are a few things I really want to look into but simply cannot without a means of freely adding or removing passive points on the test server.

I spoke with Blix about it. He said that when 5.110 launches, we'll need everyone testing the crafting processes for the real rather than using shortcuts. For this reason, there are currently no plans to reintroduce potions. As far as making potions available now, there's no point to it because any results are likely to be negated by the changes coming with 5.110. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

On 11/20/2019 at 1:47 PM, Pann said:

I spoke with Blix about it. He said that when 5.110 launches, we'll need everyone testing the crafting processes for the real rather than using shortcuts. For this reason, there are currently no plans to reintroduce potions. As far as making potions available now, there's no point to it because any results are likely to be negated by the changes coming with 5.110. 

If the changes end up being that significant, and they retain the testing servers, it seems like that would a good time to have such potions reimplemented IMO.

On 11/20/2019 at 1:47 PM, Pann said:

I spoke with Blix about it. He said that when 5.110 launches, we'll need everyone testing the crafting processes for the real rather than using shortcuts. 

If you want us testing recipes, then the consumables are not a big deal.

If you want to test what gear can & will eventually be produced, you'll want us to have all the bells & whistles. When we're crafting real gear, and not throw-away trash, sapho, tippers, potpie, keep thrall buff, and leadership buffs are not shortcuts, they're SOP.

Farming the mats for those consumables is time intensive, especially if you are not skilled and geared. The easier it is for the craftsmen to do what they do, the more results you'll get.

There's also the question of testing with crafting skills. Will we be testing 5.110 recipes with vessels and skills from live, or as unskilled noobs?

Edited by VaMei

2 hours ago, VaMei said:

There's also the question of testing with crafting skills. Will we be testing 5.110 recipes with vessels and skills from live, or as unskilled noobs?

I was pretty sure its a full wipe with 5.110.

16 hours ago, mystafyi said:

I was pretty sure its a full wipe with 5.110.

That's what we're told. It'll pretty much insure that no one bothers seriously crafting gear for the 1st month of 5.110 since gear from tribes will be better than anything we can make (barring whatever is being changed).

Crafting on test will suffer accordingly.

8 hours ago, VaMei said:

That's what we're told. It'll pretty much insure that no one bothers seriously crafting gear for the 1st month of 5.110 since gear from tribes will be better than anything we can make (barring whatever is being changed).

Crafting on test will suffer accordingly.

The past year or so has seen very uncoordinated testing. Dev interaction on this subject has been poor at best. I wouldn't expect that trend to change.

Sign in to follow this