Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Deioth

Grave Digging: Intended or Bug?

First, Gravedigging doesn't get critical harvest amount in the passive tree.  Second, graves do not provide eyes, lungs, or hearts.  Intended or bug?

I don't think critical harvest amount is really needed for gravedigging. You only need 1 set of body parts per vessel. It's not like blacksmithing where you need over 200 ore to make a set of armor.

For eyes, lungs and hearts, those drop from war tribes, so I would assume that it is intended that they don't drop from graves. If you think about it, it makes sense. Eyes, lungs and hearts will all decay relatively quickly after a body is buried, while the bones last a lot longer.

Edited by Arkade

Still have desiccated body parts, and you still get additives.  I'm not aware of any other harvest profession that has to rely on a non-harvest activity to get its primary and secondary materials.

I believe the reason for no critical harvest is because the loot tables are designed so that you can't get more than one head/torso or 2 arms/legs from a single grave. Because people would find that weird, or something.

Additives should drop from graves tho, agreed. Would make Grave Goods actually useful

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Grave goods were apparently intended to be sacrifice items, so we'll see more use from them soon, but definitely there should be hearts, lungs, and eyes in the loot table.  They could really expand on it and each grave at each site could get a chance to spawn a class's grave available to that race type, so you could find a Champion human grave, or a Templar monster grave, and guarantee an additive or two catering to that class, or even a grave of a peasant or grave of a craftsman to get other non-combat additives.

Thematically, I could see graves dropping lower quality (desiccated) additives while higher quality additives need to be... extracted... from fresh-killed mobs.  Regardless, I'd think there should be SOME additives that drop from graves eventually.  Hoping Grave goods will end up as more than something to simply sacrifice or recycle for a few mats.  Will see what next update has in store.

it is absolutly right that there are not heart lungs etc in graves. Most professions  you don't get the basics and the additive from the same source.

and i think i would be to easy to get everything from one source. in nearly every item are different itemtypes needed, and thats to encourage groupplay.

for weapons you need hungershards, for amory you need wartribes too. juwelry and alchemy are the only ones where you get everything on once, i dont count cooking and stonemason as a full profession as long experimentation is not involved in these profession.

Nobody should be able to do everything alone!

Edited by Zirone
missspelled

Sign in to follow this