Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Wolf1980

Experimentation failures.

So I'm maxed out in several crafting disciplines, and at the moment I'm a bit befuddled with the amount of failures I am getting in my rolls. My blacksmithing experimentation is 120, my experimentation reduction is 30(with bon tipper) and my additional reduction is 15.4. so tonight when I crafted a piece of armor and the experimentation final difficulty was 99, I thought a 50 point difference would be more than sufficient for great rolls, boy was I wrong. Even with attention to detail, my initial roll for 10 pips was 74%.... 4 failures out of 10.

Is there a hard cap to success rate regardless of skill?? Did I waste my time getting my crafting about as maxed as it could be? Have the developers given any indication as to how experimentation skill affects outcome of the rolls? 

Thanks in advance for any answers to my Questions.

Edited by Wolf1980

Is that a consistent result, or a one off? I honestly don't pay that much attention to the results of each pip, but 74% seems low, even on the initial roll. 

What was the quality level of the armor? What was your percentage after the re-rolls? 

I can tell you from experience that every bit of those stats matter, but RNG will always be a thing. The good thing is, once we get factories, we'll be able to cut out some of the RNG. I really hope they haven't become a post-launch thing.

RNG is RNG - those stats push the "worse" results farther down the line but they do not remove the chance of bad rolls, sometimes you just get screwed. Like the six 2% assembly failures I had in an hour...

lPoLZtm.png

17 minutes ago, oneply said:

What minors are you running?

He said he has attention to detail, and he has to have blacksmithing techniques to reach 120 experimentation, so that leaves one slot in which he's using either Risk Management or Helper Monkey. I'm guessing Risk Management, since 15.4 additional risk reduction seems a bit high from 2 rings, but I suppose it could be.

Thanks for the responses guys. I am running risk management as my 3rd minor. The result was from an epic piece of armor that ended only at 104% after 2 rerolls. It is also the exception, not the rule, I just thought a high enough skill difference would have removed the possibility of such bad results. Though by logic I should have assumed there is still a certain amount of failure chance because of the 2% assembly failure regardless of skill. 

It would be nice to know what those failure chances are sir developers.... You do show us assembly chances after all 😉

As I remember the max number on epic piece is around 110, so 104 is close to max. Rolls on epic and legendary gear are quite inconsistent, sometimes you get all amazing, sometimes you get many fails. 50 gap is fine, however you can get more with better gear. And bring chaos embers in case you are not lucky. 

About chances. They are not really chances. When you go to experimentation phase, game creates deck of cards with possible outcomes according to your stats/difficulty, then you drag cards from the deck. So if you  draw a failure, you decrease chance to draw another one. However nothing protects you from drawing all failure cards if you are unlucky.

16 minutes ago, ComradeAma said:

About chances. They are not really chances. When you go to experimentation phase, game creates deck of cards with possible outcomes according to your stats/difficulty, then you drag cards from the deck. So if you  draw a failure, you decrease chance to draw another one. However nothing protects you from drawing all failure cards if you are unlucky.

They mentioned they could do this, but I don't recall them saying they actually did it.

IhhQKY6.gif