Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Pann

The 12 Days of Crowmas - Official discussion thread

UPDATE 12/11: 
The news article is up! Read me

----------- original post ----- 
I've had an apostrophe and I need your help! 

We want to do a "12 Days of Crowmas" celebration for the upcoming holidays. beginning Dec. 12 and ending Dec. 24. Instead of eight maids of milking and all that jazz, I am looking for volunteers who would be willing to donate in-game items for a daily giveaway. It could be anything as humble as a stack of coal or as luxurious as a legendary vessel, and I need to collect items on both the EU and NA servers. 

(Props to @CrusaderW for inspiring this idea. For a time, he was putting together "new Crow packs" that he would give away during his live streams. These bundles had lots of goodies such as armor and weapons that would be useful to new players.) 

If you are willing to pony up something, please drop me an email (community@crowfall.com) and let me know your account name, what item(s) you'll donate and if it's for EU or NA. Feel free to include a plug for your vendor or guild if you'd like to promote them. 

Edited by Pann
Updated with article link

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

From a Discord PM: hey pann, i or we(our guild) wanna give something for the crowmas. but first i have a few questions. will you give away more then one gift per day if you have enaugh or is the amount you give away and so the amount you collect restricted?

is it possible to gift bundles or only single items/itemstacks? 

Will all giveaway be given over the stream of CrusaderW?

Figured it was worthwhile to paste the question here and share the answers. 

Q: Will you give away more then one gift per day if you have enaugh or is the amount you give away and so the amount you collect restricted?
A: The more the merrier! It will all come down to how many items we have to give away for each server. 

Q: is it possible to gift bundles or only single items/itemstacks? 
A: That's up to the giver. If the intention is to have items bundled together, then that's how they will be gifted. 

Q: Will all giveaway be given over the stream of CrusaderW?
A: No. I mentioned Cru because there were many times I would see him giving away "new player bundles" during his streams; these were all items he'd collected or crafted himself. I thought it was a really cool idea and it inspired me to see if the community could come together to do something similar over during the holidays. 

There are a few ways the giveaways could happen, and we aren't restricted to one way or another. We can mix-and-match. Certainly, doing giveaways during live streams is one possibility - and we have Crow Circle members on both the EU and NA servers. Social media, /r/crowfall and these forums can also be part of the fun. DebySue (aka "CC" as Todd often calls her during our streams) suggested doing trivia questions to select winners. There's still time to sketch out a good, FUN plan. As always, your suggestions are welcome. 

More than anything, it will come down to how many gifts are received. My hope is to have a big, luxurious 12-day spread of great stuff. Realistically, I know it could be combination of 12-days of giveaways total, but that there may be more for one server or another. We'll just have to see how it all shakes out. 

Thank you very much for the answers, we will see what we will gather up.

Maybe when we get enough together we can make two pools of items to win, like "Beginner" and "Advance".

The newer players can not do much with one legendary weapon, but he could very well use a complete set for gathering,
other way round for experienced players.

I have many ideas what could be possible

Edited by Zirone
misspelled

23 minutes ago, Pann said:

Nope, no repeats. LOL

Well you let me know, I am giving one away no matter what.  Only thing a copy of the game for day 1 is a big one to maybe to do lesser stuff following days :) up to you.  I can add it to a part of my giveaway.  I am basically ready to get back to streaming set up all my new overlays and animations!

@that_eriksson for IG and Twitter http://youtube.com/c/ThatEriksson

I keep hearing about your overlays and seeing the teaser images on Twitter. Can't wait to see it all! Let us know when you're doing the big premier!

On 11/26/2019 at 12:45 PM, Pann said:

I keep hearing about your overlays and seeing the teaser images on Twitter. Can't wait to see it all! Let us know when you're doing the big premier!

I think ill start with the 12 days of Crowmas and giveaway :)

@that_eriksson for IG and Twitter http://youtube.com/c/ThatEriksson

Heyo! This is my first day back after a long, not-so-relaxing Thanksgiving break. I'm catching up on emails and DMs, so if I haven't gotten back you yet about your Crowmas gift, I appreciate your patience. So far, it looks like we'll have enough participation to be able to stretch out 12 days of gift-giving, but the more the merrier so keep those baubles and bits coming! 

Info about the actual event - how and when you can win - will be shared next week. Meanwhile, ask me your questions, Bridgekeeper. I'm not afraid! 

The plans are coming together nicely. On a whim, I went into the game last night and asked people to bring me their donations. I felt a bit like one of those Salvation Army bell ringers you see outside the shops during the holiday season. Not only did we get some incredible stuff for the giveaway, I had a really good time chatting with everyone. 

So far, we've got lots of great jewelry, crafting mats and lots of maces & axes. Someone generously donated an epic quiver; I'd love to pair it with an epic or legendary bow. Please DM or email me if you would be willing to donate one. Thanks! 

Here's the Crowmas stream schedule. Please share it with any friends you're keen to get into Crowfall. In addition to the starter packs, each streamer will give away five "Name the Place" tokens. (There aren't actual 'tokens'; it simply means you will have an opportunity to submit a name for a location in the game. Note that the name submissions are subject to approval by the Design team.) 

While I'm here, I want to take a moment to thank the growing community of streamers and the equally-important number of people who show up in stream chats to support the channels, answer questions and offer all kinds of assistance. We know that all of those efforts have a big impact on spreading the word about Crowfall. 

Twitch-Schedule-Crowmas3.jpg