Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My 11 Gathering Improvements


Recommended Posts

So, I get it.  This game is 99% about slaughtering randos with big swords.  Not my thing, but I get the appeal.  I'm here for the other 1% of this game -- smashing rocks as a way of remaining calm in real life.  I'm one of the six people who saw the promo videos for this game and thought, "Yes, exactly, I want to beat the poorly made socks out of that rock for an hour and then sell what it craps out so I can buy a huge town and become a mayor not dark but beautiful and terrible as the dawn" and then plunked down fifty bucks to give it a shot.  If this game is going to make my dreams come true, here's what I need ACE to add (listed here in order of importance):

#11: If I fall six inches, don't take half of my life.  The words I am sparing you on this issue are stunningly and unconscionably profane.  This is rage inducing.

#10: Put some of the ore/stone/wood nodes on the side of Mount Juliet so I have a reason to explore.

#9: The dodge mechanic actually has three charges but only shows two in the nav bar.  Also, sometimes you can use all three at the same time and at other times you only get two and then have to wait three seconds for the third one to finish charging.  But there seems to be no rhyme or reason for why this changes.  Gatherers need a solid four dodges.

#8: Correct the descent time on a floating Fae.  These are creatures with wings.  If you're unwilling to let them fly (and I still don't understand your point of view on this), then at least make it so my Fae doesn't plummet like a stone while gliding.  Even better, make Fae the slowest walking race and speed them up why gliding.

#7: Gatherers need a class.  Call them "Lumpers" or whatever, make them available on every race (especially Fae), and instead of being great with a sword or a bow, give them a leveling tree based around gathering, selling, exploration, dodge regen time, and building towns.

#6: It should take sixteen (16) whacks to end a node.  No more.  Just change the quality and quantity of the ore that comes from those sixteen strikes to scale with level.

#5: Stores are absolutely broken.  After I spent an hour building one store, it turns out it costs 2,100 gold per day to run the thing.  It's impossible to make up that cash selling ore.  So now I've got three-thousand ore and no way to sell them.  Build one universal trading board where anyone can post (limit 20 unique items, buy more slots in the account shop) what you have and how much you're selling it for.  I found one purple amputated hand that is desperately needed by the necromancers and it's doing squat right now.

#4: Add "resources" to the inventory sorter so I can see only ore/wood/stone.  The other way to do it would be to change "Limestone" to "Stone: Limestone" so they'll naturally sort themselves alphabetically.

#3: You need to shave exactly two seconds off the regen time of ore/stone/wood nodes to make the LVL 5 island work.

#2: For the love of God, let me turn more than two ore at a time into ore concentrate.  Mulch, gravel, ore concentrate, and like six other things will only accept two base components at a time during crafting.  That's insane!  I need to turn 1,400 logs into mulch to make a town, but can only process them TWO AT A TIME!!!!  I've got all the logs; let me put them into a hopper and come back in an hour.

#1: Give gatherers experience points.  I'm trapped at level 22 because I'm a gatherer, not a warrior.  Everything in the game should grant 1XP so that I can convert 1,000 ore to 1,000 XP and join everyone else at level 30.  The idea that someone buying 6,000 apples and jumping straight to thirty is somehow cheating is crap.  Who cares how you get your character to thirty?  And if someone does trash all those apples, congratulations: you just solved all of your game economy problem.

Anyway, those are my thoughts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, AngelikMayhem said:

 

#9: The dodge mechanic actually has three charges but only shows two in the nav bar.  Also, sometimes you can use all three at the same time and at other times you only get two and then have to wait three seconds for the third one to finish charging.  But there seems to be no rhyme or reason for why this changes.  Gatherers need a solid four dod

So this definitely is not accurate.  It truly does only have 2 charges. The catch on this is that the refresh on dodges is not on a timer from when you use your first dodge pip. It actually is on a set cycle that will regenerate a pip after every 10/20 seconds no matter when you used your last pip. This means that you can have a pip regenerate "instantly" when in reality it has just hit the 10/20 second mark where it regenerates a pip.

The other possibility on this is that you're on a high elf and you're having the dodge pip proc the clear cast which doesn't consume the pip.

on #1 - Gathering and other things will be generating XP from the action itself will be added in 5.110. You are able to actually sacrifice those resources you harvest as well for XP. Not exactly ideal but it does work.

#2 tiny task is a work around but there are a lot of instances of this that are *supposed* to be solved by factories but they currently are no where near in sight.

#5 Store fronts actually work very well assuming you have one in a good spot. You more or less need a spot in the GR temple to make money. If you have one there and you aren't making money, you probably need to look at what you are selling and the prices for those goods. I've seen people buy stuff from an older shop of mine(that I lost, RIP) that was hilarious to me because it made no sense to buy it. Gold really isn't too hard to get for the most part.

#11 - It is actually impossible for you to lose half your health from a fall currently. It only scales up to 40% of your health. Jump off the edge of the world if you want to test this one. You won't die. The fall damage in this game is actually insanely friendly compared to most games and not even 5 months ago in CF, it was deadly.

#6 - So this one seems randomly specific. Not sure why you like 16 hits but nodes actually do have a set health, 1000. How you get yourself to dealing that much damage is a big part of how you build your character, your gear and disciplines. ACE has overcomplicated some things related to the loot tables on each but how they've set up different paths to destroying a node is somewhat clever once you have the ability to play with it(Jewelry is a big player here). The problem is that it isn't immediately noticeable if you don't know what you are doing.

#7 - There are some classes that actually provide a lot of what you are talking about outside of anything with selling. Attributes do play a part in harvesting. Something to keep in mind is that this post makes it seem like you've been doing most of your farming in the GR/Infected where you are relatively safe. Even the campaign is mostly clear of roaming killers making it safer than it has been in the past to farm. The intent from ACE based on their Q&As is to lower the resources you can get from the GR/Infected down to lower quality whites/greens. It basically requires them unlinking the harvesting node rank from the mob rank on parcels. I don't think it is coming in 5.110 but it might be. Used to be that harvesters were quite vulnerable(Major slots were taken by harvesting discs) while harvesting and would just get wrecked by other factions. Currently, you can have combat and be set up as a harvester to give a better chance to fight back.

#8 - A piece of this is balancing reasons. It is strange looking that they lose their momentum but from a combat balancing stance and normalizing how physics interacted with some classes. There isn't exactly a good answer to this but we'll probably see these mechanics change a bit as they work more with the new character controller.

C4sIZDW.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, AngelikMayhem said:

#6: It should take sixteen (16) whacks to end a node.  No more.  Just change the quality and quantity of the ore that comes from those sixteen strikes to scale with level.

LMAO why?
You have some ideas I can get behind but this made me choke on my drink. If you have low training and/or bad tools it'll take longer. If you have high training and good tools, it'll not take as long.

17 hours ago, AngelikMayhem said:

#7: Gatherers need a class.  Call them "Lumpers" or whatever, make them available on every race (especially Fae), and instead of being great with a sword or a bow, give them a leveling tree based around gathering, selling, exploration, dodge regen time, and building towns.

If they ever do another pass on the passive trees, this could be something cool to have for late game/deep skill tree. Kind of like a leadership tree in gathering, but specifically for odd buffs like this.
 

17 hours ago, AngelikMayhem said:

#3: You need to shave exactly two seconds off the regen time of ore/stone/wood nodes to make the LVL 5 island work.

Last time I checked, all nodes have a 10 minute respawn, and you can get a pretty good loop in with that time. Really no need to change anything to make it work for one specific instance.

17 hours ago, AngelikMayhem said:

#4: Add "resources" to the inventory sorter so I can see only ore/wood/stone.  The other way to do it would be to change "Limestone" to "Stone: Limestone" so they'll naturally sort themselves alphabetically.

Yes pls.

17 hours ago, AngelikMayhem said:

#1: Give gatherers experience points.  I'm trapped at level 22 because I'm a gatherer, not a warrior.  Everything in the game should grant 1XP so that I can convert 1,000 ore to 1,000 XP and join everyone else at level 30.  The idea that someone buying 6,000 apples and jumping straight to thirty is somehow cheating is crap.  Who cares how you get your character to thirty?  And if someone does trash all those apples, congratulations: you just solved all of your game economy problem.

YES PLS.
Experience items aren't terribly hard to come by, tbh. BUT, it would still be nice to have alternate paths that don't involve grinding mobs, or for when you're in off hours solo harvesting.
Though I think ACE had mentioned it's something they're working on recently in a live stream. Can't remember exactly.

231e101d88.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To give more feedback on #5, vendors cost 240 gold per day. They consume 5 gold every 30 minutes. That's 48 pay periods per day. 48 x 5 = 240. 

240 gold is very easy to get. Just because you are a gatherer doesn't mean you can't kill a few war tribe mobs. You'll get gold and XP and stuff you can sell on your vendor. Once you have a decent nest egg, then you should be able to operate entirely off of the gold you make from your vendor.

It sounds like you set up shop in your EK. You probably aren't getting much, if any, traffic. Vendors are going to be removed from the God's Reach worlds, so EK vendors will once again be more important.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Groovin said:

 

Last time I checked, all nodes have a 10 minute respawn, and you can get a pretty good loop in with that time. Really no need to change anything to make it work for one specific instance.

Ten minutes isn't fully true depending on what type of harvesting. He did mention Ore specifically so it definitely is true for that, stone and trees. Graves have an 8 minute respawn and animals vary from 3-5 minutes assuming it isn't an ancient.

C4sIZDW.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...