Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Pann

ACE Q&A for December - Official discussion thread

1 hour ago, mystafyi said:

Oh man, can someone able to attend please ask about whether dregs will allow building anywhere or just being able to build in designated area's. 

They answered this last Q&A. In short: no. In long: Building placement is using the token system from EK parcels that limits what and how much you can build. Theoretically we could build anywhere (we mostly could in EKs before the token system was added), but I there will definitely be parcels that have 0 tokens (i.e. no build). I imagine those will be limited to parcels with complex geography (Mountains, Creeks, Hills, Canyons, etc.) or POIs. I remember in the past, they said the goal was "most everywhere", but no idea if that's still the goal, or if technical limitations arose during implementation  

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

1 hour ago, coolster50 said:

Building placement is using the token system from EK parcels that limits what and how much you can build. 

My big question down this rabbit hole is: will we use the a nobility system like EKs, or will anyone in a guild able to build at will on guild territory (tokens permitting)?

If it is the nobility system, is the guild leader The Noble? Without game support for guild roles (i.e. Builder, Officer), passing out captured territory as parcels to vassals could become a significant task for a guild leader. On the other hand, if any guildie can build anywhere, some guilds are going to have a hard time keeping their players from soaking tokens willy-nilly spamming buildings on the few prime locations.

My other burning question is: when might we start seeing things pop up on Test? This is a huge update with a load of new mechanics to test. Many of of those mechanics are dependent on Sovereignty working well. IMO, the sooner we can start poking holes in Sov, the better off we'll be when those other mechanics are ripe.

Edited by VaMei

1 hour ago, StrokaCola said:

Any News on Frostweaver

Frostweaver is coming in 5.110, which is scheduled to go live in February. Testing of specific pieces of the build are supposed to begin this month on the test server, but no idea exactly when or what pieces will be included. That said, at some point, the entire build has to make it to test before it goes live, so at some point between now and February, you'll likely get the chance to try the Frostweaver.

1 hour ago, Arkade said:

Frostweaver is coming in 5.110, which is scheduled to go live in February. Testing of specific pieces of the build are supposed to begin this month on the test server, but no idea exactly when or what pieces will be included. That said, at some point, the entire build has to make it to test before it goes live, so at some point between now and February, you'll likely get the chance to try the Frostweaver.

As mentioned on the Q&A today, we likely won't be seeing a lot of this stuff on the test server before it goes live. They are pushing hard to get it done and don't want slow the pace by trying to test it in pieces. Disappointing for sure, but understandable, and if it means it goes live sooner, all the better.

9 hours ago, Arkade said:

As mentioned on the Q&A today, we likely won't be seeing a lot of this stuff on the test server before it goes live. They are pushing hard to get it done and don't want slow the pace by trying to test it in pieces. Disappointing for sure, but understandable, and if it means it goes live sooner, all the better.

We will see it on Test, just as one big patch instead of piecemeal as originally planned

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

I know Todd may be a bit aquaphobic sometimes, but those creek parcels are gonna need water sooner or later. Even if it's just ankle-deep water.

1 hour ago, Thevo said:

I know Todd may be a bit aquaphobic sometimes, but those creek parcels are gonna need water sooner or later. Even if it's just ankle-deep water.

I really do hope water comes back, it really brings life to the world. A green world with dry creeks & lakebeds is just wrong.

If water was a move speed debuff in the shallows & added a suffocating state with a dot in the depths, and everything else was unchanged, I'd be happy.

When it comes to swimming animations & mechanics and special underwater combat rules I got to agree with JTodd, money better spent elsewhere.

1 hour ago, VaMei said:

A green world with dry creeks & lakebeds is just wrong.

Water sources could either dry up or freeze as the seasons change too, which fits thematically.  Could even put a debuff on ice that increases knockdowns (in a converse-yet-similar way to how roadways will likely grant a speed buff).  Hard pass on any swim mechanics though; no value add there IMO.

Edited by starrshipcs

6 hours ago, VaMei said:

If water was a move speed debuff 

I think they could easily apply that since they now have the tech with roads effecting movement. I agree I would rather just have shallows for aesthetics reasons then for ACE to spend time on swimmable water at this time. 

I agree both with Todd's arguments and with the rest of the answers, so I'll try to wrap it all in a way that makes sense.

Technically, water is challenging and requires lots of resources. It has a lot of gameplay potential, which is good, but it's also the cause of its cost. That's why I think that "water-related-stuff" shouldn't be developed before launch.

On the other hand, some parcels just doesn't look good enough without water. And that's why I think that simple, non-functional, water should be ingame before launch. Ankle-deep, suffocating state,... Anything would do.

There are a lot of long term possibilities that could be explored in the future and some are far less "expensive" than others. A move speed debuf on shallow water, a speed buf when moving downstream, caravan-rafts, plants/trees/mobs that appear only near water, toxic/polluted/poisoned waters, frozen lakes, floodable areas reacting to rains, mills and buildings benefiting from being next to rivers, artificial water channels for farming purposes,...

Q

when alpha will start? at least month and year.

what will be in 5.51 about performance (zone restriction, fps, ping spikes, freezes and such)

what about 4g players? when they will be isolated and if they will not be isolated in 5.51, will you give em access to guild content? coz now they have no access to creating guild

@Pann @jtoddcoleman can you unswer on 4g question?

Edited by makkon

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

6 hours ago, makkon said:

what about 4g players?

I think it's best that any questions from 4g players are directed to 4g (Inova). 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community