Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Pann

A moment to reflect - Official discussion thread

we’re going to start to pull above that noise as it becomes clear that our vision is being realized and that we are really going to ship it.  We’re not asking you just to take us at our word on that – just watch. 

Fool me once. ;)

As someone that has backed several of these games, I'm patiently waiting to see which ends up with the best experience, not which releases first. While it helps, it isn't everything as clearly gamers have no issue hopping to the next shiny vessel as it passes by. Will be nice to have the launch feature set, but a polished, balanced, optimized product might be even more important. Take as much time as your resources allow.

-we set a target launch date of December 2016

-we’re going to push like hell to get the game to soft launch as early in 2018 as we can.

-As things stand now, we anticipate kicking off alpha testing at the end of the summer (2018), and then our march towards beta will begin.

Im not a big fan on soft launches but I hope eks get at least the palace or citadel parcel before the soft launch. The buildings need a fair amount of love so the time delay on that is pretty necessary. 

Edited by Marth

Most of the heavy-lifting is behind us, now we just have to finish what we started and polish it to a shine. 

Well since you're done with them, would you be willing to contract out your cutting grit gatherers? Can offer much polishing paste. 

On 12/4/2019 at 10:19 PM, APE said:

Will be nice to have the launch feature set, but a polished, balanced, optimized product might be even more important. Take as much time as your resources allow.

They pretty much said they will be working on beta shortly after 5.110. While it could have been a misspeak or something, it surely would follow inline with the teams push to launch of late. I still expect Q4 2020 launch, hell or high water.

On 12/5/2019 at 1:13 PM, Earnestly said:

Well since you're done with them, would you be willing to contract out your cutting grit gatherers? Can offer much polishing paste. 

With balancing of the tables, enough cutting grit should drop for jewel crafters in the normal routine of ore harvesting operations without a need for special grit focused harvest run.   Those tweeks are part of beta balancing.   Now grit was super rare back in the day.

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

On 12/7/2019 at 6:21 PM, Frykka said:

With balancing of the tables, enough cutting grit should drop for jewel crafters in the normal routine of ore harvesting operations without a need for special grit focused harvest run.   Those tweeks are part of beta balancing.   Now grit was super rare back in the day.

Was but a joke. 😂

Not for those of us that actually dealt with a 2% drop rate for grit when jewelry first came to Live...   no joke.   It was as painful as the Great Apple Famine of 2017 that created the term "apple tax."

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

I'm just happy I graduated from school before launch, that was my main goal (which I had no control over).

I am looking forward to 2020.  I might actually play the game this year.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.