Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
soulein

Warstory - The Final Assault on Solaris Fort

House Avari (22) attacked Solaris Fort defended by Order’s Templar Bunkercomp (20). They had been talking it up all night in their stream and were very successful vs. repeated Chaos attacks. We decided to test out Galvia of Chaos’ claim that the Order comp was unbeatable without a significant numbers advantage.

Not pictured here are our two previous assaults which were repelled successfully. With only a few minutes left in the window, we made one last attack.

Order:

• Kombine
  • Deioth
  • Vunak
  • Mrerad
  • Enzereal
  • Stompnato
  • Murphyslaw
  • Idash 
  • Captainstabbie
  • Micariel
  • Nagatnas
  • Cinmac
  • Infomatic
  • Evilangel
  • Eko331
  • Raindog
  • Zemulusrex
  • Comgamer7
  • Rexxlin
  • Dreadla

House Avari (+ Unfolded):

• Soulein
  • Balathan
  • Prea
  • Chack
  • Saberlife
  • Padishah
  • Jtreedy
  • Medicaid
  • Cyjax
  • Unfolded
  • Sanna
  • Leedee31
  • Rufio
  • Monchiezz
  • Sanna
  • Kitem
  • Heartsteel
  • TaeSilverfox
  • Falco.
  • Tycannical
  • Unfolded
  • Rawdawg

Edited by Pann
Adjusted formatting

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

The forts that come up before Siege will be like that, and there seems to be one thats consistently drawing attention, I like this design.

"Bunker Comp" is juvenile IMO.  You see them get pushed out sitting on top of EIGHT freaking circles.  Systematic aggressive focus should regularly win over that - even without a bomb druid.  The only time you should see success vs even numbers is when they attackers are spreading damage, which plays into the bunker comps strength.  As long as you play knowing this, templars and paladins are pretty worthless until someone gets into execute range vs other damage/tank options.  They don't have to be played with any thought.  Circle off cooldown? Yes, k, place circle.  Circle off cooldown? No, k see if theres something to execute.  yes?  Execute, no? parry/riposte.  It's too transparent and they are sooooo slow during the parry phase.

And then that one time a bunker comp has to fight outside of an enclosed space and the melee ball just keeps them corralled while ranged/pits take out their backline - yeah, no thanks.

You're coming into every battle giving full control immediately to your enemy and hoping they don't know how to respond.

35 minutes ago, Ble said:

The forts that come up before Siege will be like that, and there seems to be one thats consistently drawing attention, I like this design.

"Bunker Comp" is juvenile IMO.  You see them get pushed out sitting on top of EIGHT freaking circles.  Systematic aggressive focus should regularly win over that - even without a bomb druid.  The only time you should see success vs even numbers is when they attackers are spreading damage, which plays into the bunker comps strength.  As long as you play knowing this, templars and paladins are pretty worthless until someone gets into execute range vs other damage/tank options.  They don't have to be played with any thought.  Circle off cooldown? Yes, k, place circle.  Circle off cooldown? No, k see if theres something to execute.  yes?  Execute, no? parry/riposte.  It's too transparent and they are sooooo slow during the parry phase.

And then that one time a bunker comp has to fight outside of an enclosed space and the melee ball just keeps them corralled while ranged/pits take out their backline - yeah, no thanks.

You're coming into every battle giving full control immediately to your enemy and hoping they don't know how to respond.

I think one of the biggest takeaways from this comp is that it actually requires you to outnumber your enemy. If you just ignore the Templars, kill everything else and flip the fort, you win. We faltered on our first two assaults because we spent WAY too much time attacking the Templar line. Granted, this is easy to do when there are that many Templars in the way. I'm proud of my guys for finding and attacking the called targets in that whole mess. Order should be proud of their people too, I saw a lot of discipline when it came to charging/retreating during those fights.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

12 hours ago, soulein said:

I think one of the biggest takeaways from this comp is that it actually requires you to outnumber your enemy. If you just ignore the Templars, kill everything else and flip the fort, you win. We faltered on our first two assaults because we spent WAY too much time attacking the Templar line. Granted, this is easy to do when there are that many Templars in the way. I'm proud of my guys for finding and attacking the called targets in that whole mess. Order should be proud of their people too, I saw a lot of discipline when it came to charging/retreating during those fights.

funny thing is all that "discipline" is just me shouting random reminders during the middle of a fight that we be getting greedy/overextending.

8 hours ago, Ble said:

Kombine added to HVT kill order.  Tnx for the intel.

CAS on standby. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

But. I'm a Templar. Aren't you guys supposed to Ignore us?

Check & Mate.

Tho I walk in the shadow of Balance and Chaos. I will fear no enemy because Arkon walks with me!

Edited by Kombine

13 minutes ago, Kombine said:

I will fear no enemy because Arkon walks with me!

He isn’t real, just a Bronze Age Human myth told to control the masses with guilt and intolerance. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

20 minutes ago, mandalore said:

He isn’t real, just a Bronze Age Human myth told to control the masses with guilt and intolerance. 

*autistic screeching*

3 hours ago, yianni said:

Seems like no one is playing bomb druids... I've watched multiple videos with so much bomb opportunity.

They are but they are also rare.  Just like any leather class or high priority target they'll be called out for a quick killing or to push them back to lessen the threat from them.

4 minutes ago, MrErad said:

They are but they are also rare.  Just like any leather class or high priority target they'll be called out for a quick killing or to push them back to lessen the threat from them.

If they're good with positioning and build it's not easy to kill... which is why fae is best race for it. Although with the removal of some of those discs in 5.110 it'll be different.