Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gwuinny

Fix broken class.

6 minutes ago, MrErad said:

Just waiting for Pann to show up and lock this thread since its gone off the rails but got to love the E-peen challenges. Try doing some testing instead of issuing challenges.

So the racial bug 1)  Reported by players already apparently wild charge isnt doing proper damage (this is comical this was their only bug report on wild charge) ,  2)  Drops Parry & Block on players  (so acting like shield breaker here)  3) Acts as hard cc by turning off all toggles (songs, auras etc)  when its a soft cc skill.   Added bonus is the knock away on top of it not sure if this would be classified as a bug or not.    So you've got a racial that is way beyond any major .  If it was just armor break it wouldn't be a problem.  

The other take away after thinking about it is if all the armor breaks follow the same rule in dropping parry & block.

You do know that Wild Charge IS a CC ability right? Just because the physics have been turned down doesn't mean they are turned off.

Edited by Zatch

1 minute ago, Zatch said:

You do know that Wild Charge IS a CC ability right? Just because the physics have been turned down doesn't mean they are turned off.

Omg who would have guessed wild charge is a CC ability . Try some reading comprehension. Did you know force wave is a CC too?

22 hours ago, MrErad said:

Omg who would have guessed wild charge is a CC ability . Try some reading comprehension. Did you know force wave is a CC too?

Physics abilities historically drop songs and parry. Wild Charge has worked the same since it was added in the race/class split. Calling it a bug is hilarious.

Edited by Zatch

4 hours ago, Zatch said:

Physics abilities historically drop songs and parry. Wild Charge has worked the same since it was added in the race/class split. Calling it a big is hilarious.

And that doesn't strike you as an unintended interaction?  Does this mean you believe that even CC immunity states should be canceled by physics abilities?

In ~3 months time people won't even remember what a Centaur can do. I heard that all 3 Frostweaver capstones give you 1000% more damage and immunity to everything. 

1 hour ago, Deioth said:

And that doesn't strike you as an unintended interaction?  Does this mean you believe that even CC immunity states should be canceled by physics abilities?

Some people function with the "win at any cost" mentality. Regardless if they are using something blatantly broken, it exists, so they use it. Not likely to get a response or admittance of such things in the way you'd like. Not that I have any idea what is actually going on.

Hopefully some of these specific issues are addressed relatively soon, but seems like a great question for Q&A with the devs.

I like when games take some effort to figure out all the fine points, but sometimes it is hard to tell what is intended or what is broke and accepted as intended. They do have "1500" powers after all, surely some might not be working properly. 

3 hours ago, Deioth said:

I've never seen ACE indicate that physics impulse powers are intended to be blocked by CC immunity powers.

Should they be? Maybe. But that is a feedback discussion, not a "you guys are exploiting bugs" situation. If you think CC immunity should protect against pulls and shoves, then go ahead and suggest that in the feedback threads.

2 hours ago, APE said:

sometimes it is hard to tell what is intended or what is broke and accepted as intended.

Yep.

IhhQKY6.gif

6 hours ago, Jah said:

I've never seen ACE indicate that physics impulse powers are intended to be blocked by CC immunity powers.

Should they be? Maybe. But that is a feedback discussion, not a "you guys are exploiting bugs" situation. If you think CC immunity should protect against pulls and shoves, then go ahead and suggest that in the feedback threads.

Given the way all other powers interact as CC and with CC immunities, it most definitely seems to be a bug.  Just because the devs haven't specifically said something about literally every possible interaction in their game doesn't mean this can't be reasonably pointed out as a bug.  Since you can't activate (most) skills in the air, skills are getting canceled by physics powers because you're no longer considered on the ground, and because they aren't properly labeled as CC, they ignore CC immunity.  I've been knocked out of Neckbreakers before, which then go on cooldown, do no damage, and use resource, all because of a demonstrably broken interaction.  That you guys are so immediately defensive and hostile over pointing this out is rather telling.  The centaur racial is already overpowered because its armor break is better than any other break/pen skill in the game.  These bugs are just icing on the cake.  Tack on those random double neckbreaker hits and GG (just wish I knew what caused those, seems completely random).

CC immunity has NEVER given physics immunity which is why these physics powers are so powerful and also why things like fall damage was toned down. 

CC immunity not granting physics immunity is not so much a bug as it is a feature that hasn't been implemented. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

Well the only way to declare something a bug is for it to blatantly not do what’s on the label or for the devs to declare it so, tho ultimately it’s the latter. We can say we think it might be a bug, but as you can see lack of clarity on the details and assumptions will prevent a consensus. Adding in accusations of abusing a potential bug certainly doesn’t help.

If it’s unintended I have a feeling it has to do with how the controller resolves the actions. Physic effects are not inherently blocked by anything, but abilities that target a type tend to check statuses and thus properly get blocked. So the question is really: are physics moves incomplete thus ignoring CC immunity states or are they another counter to CC immunity states? Only the devs can answer.

Edited by Duffy

lPoLZtm.png

17 minutes ago, Duffy said:

So the question is really: are physics moves incomplete thus ignoring CC immunity states or are they another counter to CC immunity states? Only the devs can answer.

QFT.

This is a playtest feedback question that we can't answer. Only Ace knows if it is working as intended, or an unintended consequence. Until they choose to resolve the question, we can't know.

IMO, physics effects that break your grounded state should trump CC immunity and any abilities in progress, but I'm not the game designer.

2 hours ago, Deioth said:

That you guys are so immediately defensive and hostile over pointing this out is rather telling.

When your response to losing a fight is to accuse your opponents of exploits you should expect a hostile reaction.

These accusations started in general chat immediately after we beat you in a fort fight. There was no ambiguity about who you were accusing. This thread came early the next morning. This form of "politics" is highly toxic and your guild should think twice before continuing down this path.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

5 hours ago, blazzen said:

CC immunity has NEVER given physics immunity which is why these physics powers are so powerful and also why things like fall damage was toned down. 

CC immunity not granting physics immunity is not so much a bug as it is a feature that hasn't been implemented. 

You may be right, and it is something the devs seem keen to address if their reactions to our reporting these concerns is any indication.

3 hours ago, Jah said:

When your response to losing a fight is to accuse your opponents of exploits you should expect a hostile reaction.

These accusations started in general chat immediately after we beat you in a fort fight. There was no ambiguity about who you were accusing. This thread came early the next morning. This form of "politics" is highly toxic and your guild should think twice before continuing down this path.

Not a fort fight I was at and it wouldn't have been Eldritch making any accusations.  I can't speak for the OP, only my guild.  The interactions of literally everything else would suggest physics overriding various skills including CC immunity and acting like a sort of super CC are unintended and so I'm treating it as such--that is, as a bug.   We've broken your centaur lines plenty of times because Eldritch doesn't gripe, we learn the counter-play.  It would strike me more likely the real salt of this thread only came after Balance's atrocious reaction to losing two keeps last night because 3-way faction PvP actually happened.  I was ripped into before making any accusations of bug abuse and the hostile defensive posture to my pointing out at best bad balancing and at worst clear bugs was completely out of left field.  You aren't doing anything for your position here if you're going to treat me like the villain when all I did was state benign facts and observations before being compelled to defend myself from your own guilds' "highly toxic politics".  If you're legitimately concerned about toxicity, you might want to avoid throwing rocks if you're going to live in a glass house

Not a fort fight I was at and it wouldn't have been Eldritch making any accusations.

Yes, it was definitely Eldritch and Spectre Legion making accusations after we beat them in a fort fight on Monday night. And then those accusations continued the next day in this thread. Denying it is ridiculous.

Eldritch doesn't gripe, we learn the counter-play.

Your behavior shows otherwise.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

3 hours ago, oneply said:

So.... is the HoA vs Eldritch/SL scrim going to happen? Or is it going to just be general chat/forum PvP like normal?

as far as im aware only my dead guild of 3 ever ponied up and took the hoa offer #ExiledReapersDeadButStillBetter

hoayaga2.jpg

3 hours ago, Jah said:

Yes, it was definitely Eldritch and Spectre Legion making accusations after we beat them in a fort fight on Monday night. And then those accusations continued the next day in this thread. Denying it is ridiculous.

And now you are straight up lying.  You're going to have to pony up or shut up on this one, toots.  Usually SL doing most of the trash talk (and they'll proudly admit it, too, love you guys ❤️)

And yeah, we learn counter play, because we've beaten you in mob drops and white vessels.  Deny it all you want, dodge around it all you want, but we both know the truth.  The Crowfall noob "toxic players" can beat you and out play you and that rustles your jimmies to hell and back.

7 hours ago, Jah said:

So who from Spectre Legion accused you of exploiting? because no one over here has.  So would appreciate it if you didn't make false accusations.

7 minutes ago, MrErad said:

So who from Spectre Legion accused you of exploiting? because no one over here has.  So would appreciate it if you didn't make false accusations.

You were among the group of Order who were accusing us after the fight.

IhhQKY6.gif