Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gwuinny

Fix broken class.

Just now, Jah said:

You were among the group of Order who were accusing us after the fight.

Which exploit?   I havent accused your clans  of any other than calling a select few of -W- & HoA that jump off cliffs & portal hop back and forth until the zerg comes along.

So don't appreciate you making up stuff.

1 minute ago, MrErad said:

Which exploit?   I havent accused your clans  of any other than calling a select few of -W- & HoA that jump off cliffs & portal hop back and forth until the zerg comes along.

So don't appreciate you making up stuff.

Did you not participate in the chat in General after the fight in which your side accused us?

IhhQKY6.gif

I explained what the issue was with centaur charge. I even said that anyone using it isn't at fault.   Never once said anyone was an exploiter for using said skill.  I guess we can't discuss anything because you guys go on defensive for some reason.  You feeling guilty over things ?  

Just now, MrErad said:

I explained what the issue was with centaur charge. I even said that anyone using it isn't at fault.   Never once said anyone was an exploiter for using said skill.  I guess we can't discuss anything because you guys go on defensive for some reason.  You feeling guilty over things ?  

This whole "you guys get defensive when you are accused of exploits means you must be guilty" line of argument is garbage.

IhhQKY6.gif

12 minutes ago, Jah said:

This whole "you guys get defensive when you are accused of exploits means you must be guilty" line of argument is garbage.

Sort of like your accusations of me calling you exploiters.  Garbage.   So we can squash it here or keep going in circles until Pann issues us some warnings. Take your pick.

10 hours ago, Jah said:

Ok, Creampuff, show us the quote of us actually accusing you of bug abuse and you might actually have a point to make more stable than a house of cards in a hurricane.  The only thing I've accused you of is stacking centaurs because the racial's debuff is way overtuned given how strong break and pen is.  The counter play to break and pen is stacking armor which is very difficult to do without top end crafted armor and completed passive training.  The few defensive means available via skills and disciplines are significantly more restrictive by comparison to the charge's ease of use and reliability of application.  The fact that its interactions, regardless of being intentional or bugs, have effectively zero counterplay by ignoring CC immunity states makes it above and beyond the game's most overpowered skill.  You guys stack centaurs and alpha warriors (whose neckbreaker bugs out and double hits).  You stack what over performs.  I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing what your K/Ds look like when the overpowered is tuned down, the underpowered is brought up, and gear/passives are even.  I'll be genuinely impressed and will offer my praise if you guys actually learn to overcome if you suddenly can't abuse overperforming mechanics and push a gear/passive advantage.

So, either offer a defense or cease this butt hurt because you and your people have done nothing other than throw accusations of salt and excuse making.  If you legitimately think physics aren't CC, make that argument.  If they are CC, you need to make the argument as to why they should ignore CC immunity states.  If they should ignore CC immunity, you need to then make the argument why its balanced for a racial skill that is easy to use and easy to stack with little to no counter play also has the strongest armor break in the game.  It's time to step up.

Oh, and for the record...

On 12/12/2019 at 7:44 PM, Jah said:

Why would we defend our tactics if you haven't accused us of anything?

So are we accusing you of nothing or accusing you of exploiting bugs?  Take your pick, but you're going to actually have to stick to your position this time.

Edited by Deioth

23 hours ago, oneply said:

So.... is the HoA vs Eldritch/SL scrim going to happen? Or is it going to just be general chat/forum PvP like normal?

Not sure what the value is in dueling in such a game, especially a far from finished version. Even if everyone is playing 100% the exact same builds/comps, same passive training, same gear, etc it still just shows who can duel better which isn't a good representation of what the game and systems are supposed to take to win. The epeens are swinging anyway I guess.

Definitely a satisfaction of someone resorting to "1v1 bro!" in a team based game. That is worth more then a win sometimes.

On 12/13/2019 at 10:52 AM, Marth said:

I am not entirely sure people understand what exploiting means. 

It has multiple meanings. 

5 hours ago, Deioth said:

Ok, Creampuff, show us the quote of us actually accusing you of bug abuse and you might actually have a point to make more stable than a house of cards in a hurricane.  The only thing I've accused you of is stacking centaurs because the racial's debuff is way overtuned given how strong break and pen is.  The counter play to break and pen is stacking armor which is very difficult to do without top end crafted armor and completed passive training.  The few defensive means available via skills and disciplines are significantly more restrictive by comparison to the charge's ease of use and reliability of application.  The fact that its interactions, regardless of being intentional or bugs, have effectively zero counterplay by ignoring CC immunity states makes it above and beyond the game's most overpowered skill.  You guys stack centaurs and alpha warriors (whose neckbreaker bugs out and double hits).  You stack what over performs.  I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing what your K/Ds look like when the overpowered is tuned down, the underpowered is brought up, and gear/passives are even.  I'll be genuinely impressed and will offer my praise if you guys actually learn to overcome if you suddenly can't abuse overperforming mechanics and push a gear/passive advantage.

So, either offer a defense or cease this butt hurt because you and your people have done nothing other than throw accusations of salt and excuse making.  If you legitimately think physics aren't CC, make that argument.  If they are CC, you need to make the argument as to why they should ignore CC immunity states.  If they should ignore CC immunity, you need to then make the argument why its balanced for a racial skill that is easy to use and easy to stack with little to no counter play also has the strongest armor break in the game.  It's time to step up.

Oh, and for the record...

So are we accusing you of nothing or accusing you of exploiting bugs?  Take your pick, but you're going to actually have to stick to your position this time.

Amusing that you deny making accusations, make accusations, and demand that I defend myself from your accusations all in one rant.

IhhQKY6.gif

22 minutes ago, Jah said:

Amusing that you deny making accusations, make accusations, and demand that I defend myself from your accusations all in one rant.

oTMTDGg.gif

You have legitimately made my day.  Thanks, Pumpkin 💖

1 hour ago, APE said:

Not sure what the value is in dueling in such a game, especially a far from finished version. Even if everyone is playing 100% the exact same builds/comps, same passive training, same gear, etc it still just shows who can duel better which isn't a good representation of what the game and systems are supposed to take to win. The epeens are swinging anyway I guess.

Definitely a satisfaction of someone resorting to "1v1 bro!" in a team based game. That is worth more then a win sometimes.

It has multiple meanings. 

scrims and duels arent the same thing, scrims have meaning combining leadership, coordination, communication, personal "skill", and comp, duels in this game where classes are designed to be garbo outside of some areas are worthless tho

hoayaga2.jpg

2 hours ago, Staff said:

scrims and duels arent the same thing, scrims have meaning combining leadership, coordination, communication, personal "skill", and comp, duels in this game where classes are designed to be garbo outside of some areas are worthless tho

Scrims make sense in a FPS, MOBA, MMO Arena or any structured competitive game. You play the game as designed in a fun to serious manner in a non-ranked setting. Shows who can play the game match better with the tools available.

In an open world game, any sort of player organized event is essentially dueling, be it 1v1, 5v5, 10v10, etc. Everyone has full health, ultimate ready, not hungry, enemy position/numbers known, and aware of enemy comp on some level. This doesn't resemble actual game play or shouldn't at least. Shows who can win a fight fully prepared or in other words, a duel. Not to mention all the variables like passive training and gear/vessel quality which impact performance.

Both require leadership, coordination, comms, skill, etc.

Only picking classes/builds that shine in a dueling setup is another indicator that it is what it is and not reflective of the larger variables to an open world game.

Still has value/meaning/entertainment, but even in a launched state game, it isn't worth much to me. In the messy state this one is still in, it is even less impressive.

Edited by APE

4 hours ago, mystafyi said:

This is pretty entertaining pvp action, I just wish the graphics were a tad better. Reminds me of ZorkI_white_house_barbarian.png

Lacking the instruction manuals for those games (because hell if I know where my aunt got them, I think her neighbors' kid) made playing them impossible because I could never figure out the right context words.

In the spirit of Crowmas, I don't want to hand out a bunch of warnings and close the thread. Obviously, a lot of folks have something to say and are passionate about the topic. But, as you're sharing your thoughts and opinions, please be mindful of the rules about not accusing others of cheating. 

I also want to remind everyone that we are not updating LIVE until 5.110 is deployed. That means there will be some wonky things happening that we're aware of but not addressing at this time. Please continue to bring things to our attention so that we can make sure they are corrected in a future update. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

19 hours ago, APE said:

Scrims make sense in a FPS, MOBA, MMO Arena or any structured competitive game. You play the game as designed in a fun to serious manner in a non-ranked setting. Shows who can play the game match better with the tools available. People need to work on skills, practice scrims make sense in any game

In an open world game, any sort of player organized event is essentially dueling, be it 1v1, 5v5, 10v10, etc. Everyone has full health, ultimate ready, not hungry, enemy position/numbers known, and aware of enemy comp on some level. This doesn't resemble actual game play or shouldn't at least. Shows who can win a fight fully prepared or in other words, a duel. Not to mention all the variables like passive training and gear/vessel quality which impact performance. No ones going into sieges with less then full health at the start, definitely not hungry, a lot of ults will be pre built, and at this stage the majority if players are on near even footing in gear, training that matters, and vessels

Both require leadership, coordination, comms, skill, etc.

Only picking classes/builds that shine in a dueling setup is another indicator that it is what it is and not reflective of the larger variables to an open world game. I use stormcaller in scrims, a class the community as a whole thought was garbage until recently 

Still has value/meaning/entertainment, but even in a launched state game, it isn't worth much to me. In the messy state this one is still in, it is even less impressive.

hoayaga2.jpg

9 hours ago, Staff said:

People need to work on skills, practice scrims make sense in any game

I agree practice is good. However, I was commenting on someone calling out someone else to show who was better in a 5v5 because forum PVP and egos are involved. Doesn't seem like friendly practice scrims to me. Could be totally wrong as I'm on the outside looking in though. This is why I mentioned dueling vs scrims as one is more about proving who is better and one is about practicing. Maybe it's just semantics.

9 hours ago, Staff said:

No ones going into sieges with less then full health at the start, definitely not hungry, a lot of ults will be pre built, and at this stage the majority if players are on near even footing in gear, training that matters, and vessels

While the testing community is small, I'll just assume that a siege has more then 5v5 showing up on a good day. I don't see 5v5 random fights to have a lot of impact or meaning to overall campaign outcomes. Unless guilds/factions are setting up siege numbers to scrim/duel, I don't see it reflecting actual meaningful game play performance. Unlike structured competitive games where things are relatively even by design, assuming everyone is on even footing in Crowfall is still assuming. Considering the impact stats have, it isn't something to brush off completely.

9 hours ago, Staff said:

I use stormcaller in scrims, a class the community as a whole thought was garbage until recently 

IMO all classes should have value in most areas of the game as there aren't that many areas. Obviously some shine or fall behind in particulars but to me it is poor design if XYZ is garbage in any situation outside of specifics like a Alpha Warrior shouldn't be a top tier stealther pick.

Overall my point was lets see what happens when we have the Dregs and a launch state game. Then it will be less about the pre-alpha experience issues. Still will be excuses of course, but at least it will be less about unfinished things (or not depending on how development goes).

Come launch, I doubt many will remember or care about some random 5v5 in pre-alpha version whatever. I try to picture this game with a few thousand players, the current population will be rather insignificant at that point.