Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sims

How far can one advance before joining a clan?

I understand this is ultimately a tribal warfare game and a clan is a must for end game.  However without joining an organized clan, how much can a char or a group of friends advance?  Are there market place / auction houses to fill the void?  Does the mobs drop inferior quality (vs crafted) items?

33 minutes ago, Sims said:

I understand this is ultimately a tribal warfare game and a clan is a must for end game.  However without joining an organized clan, how much can a char or a group of friends advance?  Are there market place / auction houses to fill the void?  Does the mobs drop inferior quality (vs crafted) items?

You can do everything. It's just harder if you do it alone. So joining a more organized group is more or less mostly a question of efficiency and convinience.

Players can place vendors within the campaign worlds and in player kingdoms. What they offer ... depends. If you don't get things there (like the ingredients to build higher quality level vessels, which need at least 2 people to harvest them ... or a higher quality level vessel itself, if you want to skip the crafting steps) you usually should be able to find someone in the ingame chat or community discord chat.
Basic harvesting is a good way to get there. "Chaos Embers" are items that are highly requested by high-end crafters. New players have a chance to get them while harvesting basic resources (rare drop), while they don't have a real use for them themselves. High-end crafters will pay a lot for them, though. So, this is one way, created intentionally, to close the gap and to allow single players to get what they may not be able to achieve themselves.

The real fun (depends on your own definition, though, of course - but I'd say this is the most intended one, the beacon) is to win sieges and a campaign. To stand together, to fight together, to win together.

Crowfall aims to allow as many ways as possible (in my experience/observation) ... but the focus is definitely on groups and PvP. You can do anything else but that ... but it will be harder to climb the ladder on your own/without PvP.

Hope this helps

Have fun, good luck
Kraahk

Edited by Kraahk

I have played this game solo for about 2 years, with the exception of grouping up for siege fights or just a couple friends to fight other groups. I can tell you that you can do everything a guild can do as far as gear goes but its like 10x harder and longer solo. If you want the best gear that you can get then you have to solo farm all the mats except for motherloads ofc. Then you have to find crafters to make the gear for you. Before there was a gods reach, solo play for pvp was still viable but i havent played on the new campaigns so i have no opinion on that. But as a group of friends then you can still go as far as any guild but it will just take a lot more work. Best advice i can give you if you play solo or in a small group is to just make sure you are a friendly player. If most everyone likes you then you always have crafters or a quick group to hop into for pvp or motherloads. On the other hand, when feb patch hits then things may change. With dregs there wont be a 3 faction war and it will basically be a free for all vs guilds. This can allow you to be a mercenary for hire by guilds and helps solo players play a role in the campaigns without being committed to a guild. Of course you would have to be really good at pvp or willing to harvest or skilled in crafting for this to be viable.

Edited by Kaoz