Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

02/24/15 - Kickstarter Is Now Live! & More

Today is the day.

Two years ago, Gordon and I made a crazy decision. We decided to leave our cushy jobs and start something new, something innovative, something risky and different and challenging.

We quit our jobs, went without salaries, raised money from friends and family. We hired some of the best game developers in the world, and convinced them to follow us by showing them the vision.

It started the same way every vision starts; you shape it out of mud and clay and faith. We breathed life into it and hoped and prayed that the spark would take.

Most importantly, we hustled. We spent over a year working on this dream, without showing anyone, moving forward on the simple belief that, if we built it, you would come. We knew it wouldn't be for EVERYONE, on the hope that we could find you.

We couldn't know. We still don't know. But we had to try, because this was the game that we wanted to make, the game that we wanted to play.

Today, we find out if we were wise, or foolish -- and that judgement falls to you. Today, we are releasing the final pieces of the puzzle.

- This morning we launched our kickstarter campaign. This page does the best job of explaining our vision as succinctly as possible.

- The kickstarter video also show off gameplay footage for the first time.

- We've added an "About the Game" page, which presents the vision -- most of which you already knew, but a few gems that we are just revealing -- through a combination of text, video and illustrations. This page will also stick around post-kickstarter, as the starting point for understanding the vision. We'll be adding new content to it over the course of the next month, and beyond.

- Game details have been added to the FAQ page. This includes a number of additions to the existing FAQs, and a few entirely new ones: Strategy LayerCharacter AdvancementKingdoms & Campaigns

- We are dropping the last 3 remaining archetype pages: the ChampionDruid and Ranger. The same narratives on these guys will fill in a few more gaps in the Lore, and complete the lineup of our initial 12 archetypes. One note on these three: YES, they are all available in both male and female genders. We just don't have the concepts finished yet. We'll come back and add those soon.

- Additionally, we have a number of press articles and interviews hitting today. As those come online, we'll tweet them via @CrowfallGame and post them here so that you can find them. They contain some interesting details about the systems referenced, above.

- At 2pm CST, our partner Omnom Workshop will be live streaming the sculpting of the Guinecean character model! You can watch this at Twitch.tv/Crowfallgame

From all at us at ArtCraft, please accept our sincerest thanks for participating in our game of "rampant speculation" over the last 2 months. I hope that the payoff was worth the wait, and that you enjoyed the process as much as we enjoyed creating it for you.

Moving forward, our intention is to keep up the same level of communication -- actually, that's not right. We intend to increase it. We want our community to be our partners in fulfilling this vision. The focus of the conversation will shift, now, from "what are THEY building?" to "how should WE build this, together?"

We hope that you will consider backing our kickstarter, and help us make Crowfall a reality.

This game needs to be made, and we can't do it without you.

Thank you for your consideration, and see you on the forums!

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

Many of us have been waiting for this moment since January 2013.   We've wondered and speculated for much longer than the last 2 months.  But we had faith in you Todd and simply KNEW w/out a doubt you would create something absolutely  magnificent.    And it appears you have.   So Good luck and god bless and make this game, you NEED to.  We believe in YOU.   So privileged to see this all come together.  Thank you.

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

I got up and came in to work early for this?! (Sits at desk reading, watching, and sipping $5.08 Venti Flat White.)

Perception is reality.

No, I don't want to join your guild.

There's a typo in your Druid archetype narrative.  That's right!  Well unless you really meant to say: "Dead stays deal."

Oh the tragedy.

Awesome reveal!

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

I've disliked every PvP MMO i've ever played, but i always hope that the next one will "do it right".  I remember fondly my days in SB and SWG and between that and Raph Koster being on board, I've decided to make Crowfall my first foray into Kickstarter. 

You can have my $30 and good luck! :)